Preview updated map with the new rail depots

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Preview updated map with the new rail depots

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

ncali wrote:One Question: Are rail depots supply sources like cities? I'm assuming they are not.
No
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Is Donbass a new mine or a new rail debot ?

Will all RC 9 saved game aviliable after this change ?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Morris wrote:Is Donbass a new mine or a new rail debot ?

Donbass is a new mine. I split the 2 PP mine near Stalino into 2x 1 PP mines (Donbass and the one south of Dnepropetrovsk). Mines also work as rail depots.

Rail depot as a new terrain type will invalidate all save games so we need to restart all on-going games.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Schnurri wrote:Possible addition of Aqaba as port at head of Gulf of Aqaba with transit possible to Red Sea and Persian Gulf?
I read that the rail line to Aqaba wasn't built until after the war. Instead there was a rail line from Damascus to Medina built by the Ottomans. The rail line wasn't used further than Maan in Trans-Jordan during the war. So I added Maan as a rail depot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hejaz_Railway
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedjaz_Jordan_Railway
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqaba_Railway_Corporation

I added Maan since it seems to be the southernmost rail hub used during the war.

I also added Mersa Matruh in western Egypt since this was the rail terminal for the Egyptian rail line westwards towards Libya.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersa_Matruh

Should we activate rail use in Vichy French territory in North Africa and place rail depots there too? I see rail lines in Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia on ww2 maps of the area. I wonder if the Allies used rail transport to move troops from e. g. Morocco to Tunisia.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:
Morris wrote:Is Donbass a new mine or a new rail debot ?

Rail depot as a new terrain type will invalidate all save games so we need to restart all on-going games.
I do hope it will be the last patch which need to restart all save games before GS 2.1 's official realease . Anyway this patch is creative & very important to solve the problem caused by RC9 .
Schnurri
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Schnurri »

Is it possible to have a port without rail capability? Aqaba would qualify for that.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

You need a city or resource so you can attach the port to it. Only then can you embark on transport. You can always disembark from a transport to a coastal hex.

What do we want Aqaba for? If we want an Allied port in the Red Sea then we can add Suez with a port instead.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Stauffenberg wrote:You need a city or resource so you can attach the port to it. Only then can you embark on transport. You can always disembark from a transport to a coastal hex.

What do we want Aqaba for? If we want an Allied port in the Red Sea then we can add Suez with a port instead.
Sorry - personal preference - spent a lot of time there. Would be nice only if the Brits lose Port Said and could bring troops in from the south to prevent an Axis assault on Iraq. But not a priority - and it shouldn't have rail capability.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”