Latest patches to 2.1 available?

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Latest patches to 2.1 available?

Post by Diplomaticus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:54 pm

I have been playing using the latest updates to 2.1 which Paul forwarded to me (iMac). These are the updates for the bugs about things like ports being controlled by nearby airbases or resources, etc., etc.

I'm getting "checksum" errors in most of my current games, which tells me that people like Max, Morris, Zechi, etc. don't have the latest version. Has it not been made generally available?

metolius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Latest patches to 2.1 available?

Post by metolius » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:28 am

Any thoughts on this? I was looking around for the latest Mac patch, and am a little confused...

richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:01 am

as far as I know the only way to get this is if you are palying someone who is playing Staffenburg, as his opponents have some as yet 'unreleased' bug patches

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:33 am

What we have done is to distribute patches to those who have reported bugs so they can verify that the bug is fixed.

We decided that we don't want to stress beta testers with yet more minor patches because none are significant to general play. We want to let players just install the final version from the installer that Slitherine will make.

So a handful of the beta testers have updated files with the minor bugfixes to reported bugs. So far no reported bugs after the last beta release you all got are significant.

In addition to the minor bugfixes some have tested the new odds calculator (those who first reported the flaws in the original one).

We are not adding new functionality so you're not missing anything.

At the moment we have no bugs we know of. The only issue we have is the late game lag, but will release regardless of a solution to this. I expect it can take quite some time to find the root cause for this issue.

We have made the final files that Slitherine will start working on next week. So my suggestion to the beta testers is to wait until the official GS v2.1 is released and install it via the installer made by Slitherine.

We will need help from a few beta testers to test the installer. Contact Paul and Ronnie to volunteer for that testing. We want to have verified the installer is working well without issues.

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am

richardsd wrote:as far as I know the only way to get this is if you are palying someone who is playing Staffenburg, as his opponents have some as yet 'unreleased' bug patches
At the moment I'm only playing Ronnie and you (not capacity for more). There are some others who have received updated files. Those who can reported bugs after the latest version all have have received new files so they can verify the bug is fixed.

None of the reported bugs are critical that will hang the game or cause a crash. The bugs appear if special situation that most won't even encounter.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”