Axis have no train in Russia after USSR surrender

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Axis have no train in Russia after USSR surrender

Post by Morris » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:10 am

I have to report a bug to the team that happened in my AAR with Diplomatus this turn . It is strange that after USSR surrender , Axis can not use the train east from Minsk(including Minsk ). But Last turn before Omsk fall , Axis could use the train from Chelyabinsk ! Is this a bug ?

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Axis have no train in Russia after USSR surrender

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Are you using an old version for this game. I tried with the latest version and Germany can rail in Russia after Russian surrender. Remember that rail gauge doesn't change when surrendering so hexes with broad gauge can't be used by Axis until they have been converted. So you can't get the units near Omsk back to Germany with rail movement since the standard rail gauge head is probably too far away.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:Are you using an old version for this game. I tried with the latest version and Germany can rail in Russia after Russian surrender. Remember that rail gauge doesn't change when surrendering so hexes with broad gauge can't be used by Axis until they have been converted. So you can't get the units near Omsk back to Germany with rail movement since the standard rail gauge head is probably too far away.
Actually ,this a pbem on RC11 .We continue play it by error cheecksum . But This happened when I just upgraded to the June 1st 2012 version (upgrade first & download the game). So what should we do now ?

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:Are you using an old version for this game. I tried with the latest version and Germany can rail in Russia after Russian surrender. Remember that rail gauge doesn't change when surrendering so hexes with broad gauge can't be used by Axis until they have been converted. So you can't get the units near Omsk back to Germany with rail movement since the standard rail gauge head is probably too far away.
Also , I donot quite understand your explaination . I just had rail in Chelyabinsk last turn ,why it all changed because of the surrender ?

Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Diplomaticus » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:25 pm

This sounds very logical, so I hope that's how it works in the actual game. No magic instant rail conversion for the whole USSR!

This situation that Morris is reporting is obviously our game featured in the AAR. It's gotten to a very interesting phase, so I hope this doesn't force us to cancel. We started in old RC11, so it's been undergoing a whole series of modifications as we played. Morris, maybe you should send the file to Mr. Borger so he can check it out?

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:52 am

Diplomaticus wrote:
This sounds very logical, so I hope that's how it works in the actual game. No magic instant rail conversion for the whole USSR!

This situation that Morris is reporting is obviously our game featured in the AAR. It's gotten to a very interesting phase, so I hope this doesn't force us to cancel. We started in old RC11, so it's been undergoing a whole series of modifications as we played. Morris, maybe you should send the file to Mr. Borger so he can check it out?
No problem , I will send the file to Borger & ask for his help .
BTW, our pbem won't be cancel ,even if there is no rail in Russia . :)

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:15 am

You need to send me the turn just before surrender

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:You need to send me the turn just before surrender
Yes sir ! Thank you sir !

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:24 pm

I tested the save game and Germany can rail in Russia after Russian surrender as they should. So the game works normally. I also noticed many checksum errors and you obviously run a game.class version from March 2012 instead of the latest one from June 2012.

We have done many bugfixes since March so I don't understand why you run using such an old version. I propose you upgrade to the final version that Ronnie put on the Slitherine FTP site a few days ago.

I remember that we had a bug some time ago where Russian rail hexes reverted back to Russian control when Russia surrendered. This was fixed some time ago. You probably are running with such an old game.class file that it doesn't contain the bugfix.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:00 am

Stauffenberg wrote:I tested the save game and Germany can rail in Russia after Russian surrender as they should. So the game works normally. I also noticed many checksum errors and you obviously run a game.class version from March 2012 instead of the latest one from June 2012.

We have done many bugfixes since March so I don't understand why you run using such an old version. I propose you upgrade to the final version that Ronnie put on the Slitherine FTP site a few days ago.

I remember that we had a bug some time ago where Russian rail hexes reverted back to Russian control when Russia surrendered. This was fixed some time ago. You probably are running with such an old game.class file that it doesn't contain the bugfix.
No sir , I found this problem after I upgraded to the June 1st 2012 version . All my current game (except the AAR with Joe) are playing on the latest version of June 1st 2012 . But the turn of Omsk fall was before June 1st . I did not received any news about the version changed after March 20th 2012 . I always upgrade the game in time sothat no more error checking sums .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:14 am

Stauffenberg wrote:I tested the save game and Germany can rail in Russia after Russian surrender as they should. So the game works normally. I also noticed many checksum errors and you obviously run a game.class version from March 2012 instead of the latest one from June 2012.

BTW , do you mean if I play the turn of Omsk fall on June 1st 2012 version , & after that it will be ok ?

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:22 am

Yes. You need to play before Omsk falls so the hexes won't be converted to Russian

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:Yes. You need to play before Omsk falls so the hexes won't be converted to Russian
Yes, sir ! I will try it now . Thank you sir !

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:Yes. You need to play before Omsk falls so the hexes won't be converted to Russian
Thank you sir ! It works well as your suggestion . :D

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”