Possible bug - can't jump from Rhodos airbase

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

zechi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Possible bug - can't jump from Rhodos airbase

Post by zechi » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:50 am

I just noticed that it is not possible to make a parajump from the Rhodos airbase (for example to capture Cyprus) because it has only supply level 1. I wonder if this is intended, as from my point of view an airbase would most suitable as a base of operations for a paraunit. As far as I know Rhodos was a major military and aerial base for the Axis and I don't think they had any supply problems in the real war or I'm wrong?

joerock22
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Possible bug - can't jump from Rhodos airbase

Post by joerock22 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:18 pm

I didn't know paras could use airbases; I thought it was only air units. If paras are going to be allowed to use them, then maybe allowing para jumps from airbases would make sense?

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Only air units can use airfields not adjacent to cities. That includes Rhodes. It's not a bug

zechi

Post by zechi » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:40 pm

I don't understand? You can jump to Rhodos with a paraunit from Crete, but it gets supply level 1 on Rhodos and cannot be moved afterwards. I have the newest patch installed.

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:42 pm

You're not supposed to land there. It's the same as landing from a transport on an island without a port. Then you can never leave again. It's been like this since the vanilla game and won't be changed.

zechi

Post by zechi » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:You're not supposed to land there. It's the same as landing from a transport on an island without a port. Then you can never leave again. It's been like this since the vanilla game and won't be changed.
OK, thank you for the answer. However, I think it should then not be possible to move a para to Rhodos. The hex should be inaccessible for paras. Same with the islands. Don't get me wrong, this is not a big issue, but it does not seem right that you can move units to spots where they can't be moved in any way. This is especially true for paras on an airbase like Rhodos. Rhodos was a major military and aerial base in WW2 and it seems wrong that paras can't use it.

Cheers Zechi

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:49 pm

That is true, but then it should not be possible to unload units into islands either because you can get them out again. I think that once you know about this then you won't ever do it.

We might look into this for GS v2.2. GS v2.1 is frozen and Slitherine are now making the installer.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”