Free French Arrival Issues

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

metolius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Free French Arrival Issues

Post by metolius » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:36 am

So, the Free French just showed up in Agadir... where I had just landed a Mech Corps, which happened to have Ike attached.

The Mech Corps got dropped back in the queue, which is bad enough, but Ike was completely eliminated. Ouch!

That seems a bit... well, not right.

metolius

Re: Free French Arrival Issues

Post by metolius » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:41 am

If there is a technical issue with dropping the units in and displacing existing units, one possible solution would be to have a couple messages warning the Allied (and Axis?) player that Free French units will arrive in Agadir in two turns, and then in one turn, and that all units in and around Agadir will be displaced to the force pool, and that generals will be lost.

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:20 am

I'm curious, why would you disembark an American, or even British, unit into Agadir?

Kragdob
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kragdob » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:42 pm

rkr1958 wrote:I'm curious, why would you disembark an American, or even British, unit into Agadir?
There are different needs on the war. Same thing with Polish fighter arriving in Liverpool. If Germans are in the city then the unit is eliminated. I had to warn my friend about this as he wasn't aware.
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.

rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Kragdob wrote: Same thing with Polish fighter arriving in Liverpool. If Germans are in the city then the unit is eliminated. I had to warn my friend about this as he wasn't aware.
Makes sense. With Liverpool occupied it would be hard to form and train a Polish fighter unit.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”