Russia railcaps after surrender to Germany

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Russia railcaps after surrender to Germany

Post by Morris » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:53 am

one more strange thing happened in the AAR with Diplomatus that : after USSR surrender ,my rail transport number did not increase even one more point . It is still the number of the railcaps total in Germany . It should be like this or another bug ? It really does not make sense if the USSR rail caps not belong to Germany after it surrender to Germany ! :o

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Russia railcaps after surrender to Germany

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:36 pm

No you don't get an increased rail capacity for taking Moscow or forcing a Russian surrender. Only capture of Paris and Rome will increase the rail cap by 1.

The main reason about Russia is that Russia used broad gauge while Germany used standard gauge. So the Russian trains couldn't be used in the standard gauge network without serious modifications.

So this is definitely not a bug. The game is now frozen and we won't go into discussions about functionality changes.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Russia railcaps after surrender to Germany

Post by Morris » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:No you don't get an increased rail capacity for taking Moscow or forcing a Russian surrender. Only capture of Paris and Rome will increase the rail cap by 1.

The main reason about Russia is that Russia used broad gauge while Germany used standard gauge. So the Russian trains couldn't be used in the standard gauge network without serious modifications.

So this is definitely not a bug. The game is now frozen and we won't go into discussions about functionality changes.
I don't mean to change it now , maybe future . But I did remember it increased the railcaps in my last pbems . It increased to 17 .

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”