Summary of TA AI Upgrade Stats

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Summary of TA AI Upgrade Stats

Post by Xerkis »

I would venture to guess that out of all the different charts that I have or will post, the one about the weapons is the one players will be most interested in.
However, I believe this chart – AI Upgrade Stats – is the most important if you want to get the most out of Team Assault and its AI.

The chart itself is simple enough – but truly understanding how it interacts with the AI and what it will mean to game play should not be taken lightly. With proper configuring of a force through using the Force Builder with this chart in hand, you will see the AI in the game come to a completely new level of difficulty.

You need to build squads that are totally committed to being Aggressive, Defensive, or Tactical. If they have too close to even points in more than one of the three areas – then the AI will become “unsure” or perhaps “uncommitted” is a better word in what that squad is to do in the game. Or if the force is missing at least one squad with a commitment to each area; the force as a whole will suffer as well.

Also, squads need to be as equal in cost to each other as you can make them – or the AI will simply just buy the cheep squads to throw men on the field of battle. Especially in longer games when there isn’t much left to spend. Exception would be a sniper team – you might want to keep them somewhat higher in price; unless you want to play against all snipers.

The other piece to understand this chart is part of the TA game and found in the folder . . . . \Slitherine\Team Assault\Game\Files\ The file “ai.cfg”. I am not saying to go in to this file or to change this file – but if you do, please take the necessary precautions that you can recover the original ai.cfg file. For those that would rather not go in to it – I will copy / paste it its contents below. If you do make changes here; you can drastically change how the AI acts. But by building a good force with the linked chart, you will not need to make any changes to the ai.cfg file. I only mention it to give better understanding to how the chart interacts to the AI.

The basics on how the AI works with these numbers:
It will take the active squad and look at the values I copied in to the AI Upgrade Stats chart.
Come up with a percentage on what that squad is as far as Aggressive, Defensive or Tactical.
A “roll of the dice” to see which one of those it picks based on that percentage.
Then uses that section of the ai.cfg file to determine further how the squad with act that turn.

Link To Chart Here (File Name: “AI Upgrade Stats (3).zip”)

Copy of the ai.cfg file:
[AiSettings]
AI_Used=DefaultAI

[DefaultAI]
CB_MoveToEnemyObjective=0.6
CB_MoveToNeutralObjective=1.2
CB_MoveToOwnObjective=0.6
CB_SprintToEnemyObjective=0.6
CB_SprintToNeutralObjective=0.7
CB_SprintToOwnObjective=0.6
CB_AttackTarget=1.2
CB_CaptureObjective=2.0
CB_RescueSquadMember=1.0
CB_DefendObjective=1.0
CB_DefendPosition=1.0
CB_DetonateDemoCharge=1.0
CB_MoveToEnemy=1.2
CB_MoveToAmmo=1.0
CB_Fallback=1.0
CB_FindCover=1.2

[AgressiveAI]
CB_MoveToEnemyObjective=3.0
CB_MoveToNeutralObjective=2.0
CB_SprintToEnemyObjective=2.5
CB_SprintToNeutralObjective=2.0
CB_AttackTarget=2.5
CB_CaptureObjective=3.0
CB_RescueSquadMember=0.5
CB_DefendObjective=0.5
CB_DefendPosition=0.5
CB_MoveToEnemy=2.0
CB_MoveToAmmo=1.0
CB_Fallback=0.8
CB_FindCover=1.0

[DefensiveAI]
CB_MoveToNeutralObjective=1.2
CB_MoveToOwnObjective=1.6
CB_SprintToNeutralObjective=0.7
CB_SprintToOwnObjective=1.6
CB_AttackTarget=0.5
CB_CaptureObjective=2.5
CB_RescueSquadMember=1.2
CB_DefendObjective=1.2
CB_DefendPosition=1.2
CB_MoveToEnemy=0.2
CB_MoveToAmmo=1.0
CB_Fallback=1.2
CB_FindCover=1.5

[TacticalAI]
CB_MoveToNeutralObjective=3.2
CB_SprintToNeutralObjective=2.7
CB_AttackTarget=1.2
CB_CaptureObjective=3.0
CB_RescueSquadMember=1.5
CB_DefendObjective=1.0
CB_DefendPosition=1.0
CB_DetonateDemoCharge=1.5
CB_MoveToEnemy=1.5
CB_MoveToAmmo=2.0
CB_Fallback=1.1
CB_FindCover=1.1
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Summary of TA AI Upgrade Stats

Post by Laxen »

Great work. I absolutely encourage everybody out there to try and make the optimized tweaked AI for TA :)
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
wrongbanana
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by wrongbanana »

Has there been any progress on this? I just bought the game and I am really enjoying it. Thank you.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Awesome to hear you are enjoying the game.
Since this original post, yes in the patch there were some changes made to some items that were causing issue with the workings of this.
wrongbanana

Post by wrongbanana »

Xerkis wrote:Awesome to hear you are enjoying the game.
Since this original post, yes in the patch there were some changes made to some items that were causing issue with the workings of this.
Awesome! Thanks so much for for the quick response. Good to know that some of this research went into the patch. I am very much looking forward to creating my own force.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

wrongbanana wrote:
Xerkis wrote:Awesome to hear you are enjoying the game.
Awesome! Thanks so much for for the quick response. Good to know that some of this research went into the patch. I am very much looking forward to creating my own force.
That is more than half the fun of the game! I spend so much time at that part of it. and then testing to see how well they do - or don't do. and then adjust them.
that is as fun (or more fun) as the fighting part. . . . . to me
;)

Return to “Team Assault”