Allied AI Force #1

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Allied AI Force #1

Post by Xerkis »

This is an Allied Force designed to be used with the AI in mind. Obviously, it can be used as your own force to play with but I have never done that so I’m not real sure how well it will react as a player’s force. If someone does use it as that – please let me know your thoughts.

It’s has what I would consider low to mid cost squads with a Recon squad that seems to get out a hand from time to time. :wink:

As always – comments, questions, etc. are always welcomed.

To install: Unzip the file - place the ".tat" file in the folder . . . . . My Games\Team Assault\Teams\
You can then bring it up in the Force Builder or just start using it in a game.

Zip file here
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Allied AI Force #1

Post by IronFist00 »

Xerkis, I just downloaded your Allied AI Force #1. Since I always play as the Axis, thanks for this. When I get a chance to play, I'll let you know how it goes. I have to admit, since I purchased Conflict of Heroes from Slitherine, it's been grabbing almost all my gaming time, with the rest (small amount) going to D3.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

IronFist wrote:Xerkis, I just downloaded your Allied AI Force #1. Since I always play as the Axis, thanks for this. When I get a chance to play, I'll let you know how it goes. I have to admit, since I purchased Conflict of Heroes from Slitherine, it's been grabbing almost all my gaming time, with the rest (small amount) going to D3.
It happens. There are only so many hours in the day – and lately they have been taken up by so many other things.
Look forward to hearing what you think. (good or bad).
:)
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

I happen to be working from home today and have two laptops, one for work and one (brand new and top of the line) for gaming. I just play a game against your Allied AI on Monastery Hill (my fav map). The AI was on Expert, I played Fallschirmjägers (my favorite force in the game that shipped), and I took the red starting spot so I was in the more open one. I attached a compressed file that contains both the Combat Log and the game log so you can see how the AI did.

I did win and it was a good game. I set the map on 50 CPs, 2000 to start (so I only could afford two starting squads), and reinforcements enabled. The Fallschirmjäger force has no sniper but it does have a nice (imo) Heavy MG42 squad (Heavy Grenadiers). I also purchased a Sturmgrenadier squad to start. Basically I used the Sturmgrenadiers to advance up the left flank to secure the lower CP and then the middle CP, while my Heavy Grenadier advanced up the right flank to get into a cover 3 defensive position. My first reinforcement was another Heavy Grenadier to do the same up the middle. Once both Heavy Grenadier were in position, I used them to suppress anything that tried to cross the middle ground, since one of them could always have firing lanes, even if both didn't. Then once I secured the middle/contested CP with my Sturmgrenadiers, I airdropped in Elite Jägers and Jäger Recon squads (one each) to secure and help me hold the middle CP. I kept the Sturmgrenadiers in range of the CP to prevent it's loss without that squad being eliminated or routing.

The heroes of my effort were definitely the Heavy Grenadiers (HMG 42s) because they suppressed the crap out of everything and made it tough for the AI to get through the choke points I created. I even routed some of their Snipers, which I was most afraid of (the Snipers decimated my second Heavy Grenadier squads to half strength but luckily one of the remaining soldiers was manning the HMG42). One of the HMG42s even ran out of ammo it shot too much.

Really fun game and it does address a niche that many other tactical warmgames do not. It's a shame the game didn't sell better. Even Conflict of Heroes, which is great and offers a lot (tanks, mortars, Armored Cars, etc.) doesn't break their infantry squads down to the granularity that Team Assault does.
Attachments
Xerkis Allied AI.zip
Combat Log and AI Log
(138.74 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Sorry I haven’t replied until now. I had several of my children’s concerts, dance recitals and my second oldest graduated high school so there were all the ceremony and celebration to go with that. In short – I haven’t had much time lately, but now all of that is done.

That game sounded like a real good one and I hope you noticed the AI being a bit more of a challenge for you. Thanks for posting the files – that helps to fine-tune things.

A lot of people are missing out on a wonderful game for very little money here. It would sell better if they advertised it, but no one knows about it.
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

Hey no sweat. My kid is grown but I remember those days. ;-) Congrats on all the family mileastones and activities.

I agree re: Team Assault. I felt it was a good purchase for $20 and look forward to whatever gets done in the future. Personally, I'm still hoping for Mortars as my number request. It's all that's missing in the small unit paradigm.

I did find the AI very challenging, especially on Expert. It was enjoyable and got me back to playing some Team Assault in-between Conflict of Heroes.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Thanks, with 5 kids it can get a bit difficult to find time for games.

:wink:
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

And then one day they are all gone and it's just you, the wife, and games. Except your parents get old and need attention and then grandkids come along and...
You can call me junk - and type that with one hand.
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

junk is as cheerful as always ;)

Reading this thread makes me very happy. It's a bit sad that the game didn't have the mass appeal required to succeed, but the fact that a few of you find it enjoyable definitely makes it worth it at a personal level. Thanks guys :)

(And yes - I agree that Mortars is one of the most important piece missing for the gameplay.)
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

Return to “Team Assault”