Placing of AT guns.

The Close Combat series has been a favourite for years. The relaunch brings huge updates to this classic series of games.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Close Combat Moderators

AlexDetrojan
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Placing of AT guns.

Post by AlexDetrojan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Hello. I've returned to playing the Close Combat series recently and am enjoying it again immensely. But I am absolutely flummoxed as how to place AT guns so that they are not spotted almost immediately. I know that if you right click on a piece of ground that a description comes up to its defensive value rating from poor to excellent. But does this defensive rating rflect how well that particular unit in it is seen or not seen? Using common sense I figure placing my AT units in bushes or other natural structures that to me would seem to hide them well, yet they are picked out very early in the battle and summarily destroyed. Any insights by more experienced players would be appreciated. As a side note, why are AT guns not allowed to be set up in structures, especially damaged ones? I'm sure I've read more than a few accounts of this being done during the war? Again all insights appreciated.
Cheers
Alex

Return to “Close Combat Series”