The Diary of Herr Pferdmann

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman »

November 5th 1945 (12)
Seattle has fallen

And San Francisco will not hold on for long.

November 8th 1945 (13)
San Francisco has fallen, all American resistance has been crushed beneath our heels!

November 12th 1945
I have directed my forces to scour the countryside looking for any remaining elements of resistance. So far we have found none.
I have however received a list of honours won by my command in this their latest and hopefully final campaign.

November 13th 1945
I have finally received word from High Command

My duty is done and following great victory after great victory I am sure I have achieved my goal, the name Pferdmann will be remembered throughout the ages; not just alongside those like Napoleon, Alexander and Hannibal but above them. I will be remembered as the greatest general to ever live!

My aide Colonel Ax brought me a most interesting document today, a full list of Regimental casualties spanning the whole war, even I am astounded to the sheer number of casualties sustained by my foes.
Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman »

And there in lies the end...10 weeks and a day since I started,
747 photos
30,671 written words on 84 pages over countless hours I made it to the end!

So now to another campaign, this time on Field Marshall (no I'm not quite crazy enough to do another full AAR!) where hopefully I'll be able to apply some lessons learnt here....

Hope you've all enjoyed reading as much as I've enjoyed writting it :D
impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by impar »

Horseman wrote:Hope you've all enjoyed reading as much as I've enjoyed writting it :D
:D
billmv44
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by billmv44 »

Great job! Very enjoyable to follow along. Thanks for the tremendous effort to produce this.
Panzer Corps Beta Tester
Allied Corps Beta Tester
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Great job, Horseman.
It's Panzer Corps equivalent of Homer's Iliad.
Thanks.
deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by deducter »

Very nice campaign, FM is pretty fun, it's not too hard once you get the hang of it. But just wait until you get to the bonus difficulties... Manstein will test you.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

deducter wrote:Very nice campaign, FM is pretty fun, it's not too hard once you get the hang of it. But just wait until you get to the bonus difficulties... Manstein will test you.
I eat Manstein for breakfast.... no wait that sounds terrible.
I play Manstein for breakfast... no that doesn't make any sense.
Manstein, Erich von Manstein.

What was I trying to say again? :?:
GunboatDiplomat
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Love the reports

Post by GunboatDiplomat »

Horseman, I registered on forum just to say how much I am enjoying your writing. While it is great for my own planning, what truly makes it awesome is the writing and roleplaying. I'm only up to your sea lion report, but your stories have single handedly increased my enjoyment of the game.

Thank you for your contribution to the community.
Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Love the reports

Post by Horseman »

GunboatDiplomat wrote:Horseman, I registered on forum just to say how much I am enjoying your writing. While it is great for my own planning, what truly makes it awesome is the writing and roleplaying. I'm only up to your sea lion report, but your stories have single handedly increased my enjoyment of the game.

Thank you for your contribution to the community.
Thanks , always nice to have a fan :D
And thanks to everyone else who's commented - I can't believe its had more than 10k views!
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: The Diary of Herr Pferdmann

Post by LandMarine47 »

I really enjoyed this epic story you told! I just hope one day you can retell this epic story but in other places! What would you say if Herr Pferdmann was sent to North Africa to fight the pesky British? Or he defected to the Allies after the horrors Germany was committing (not blaming the mighty army! Just the SS and Secret Police)
Maybe..... Perhaps even one day Herr Pferdmann will lead the Empire of Japan to A Glorious Victory!
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

I was about to say that Horseman disappeared from the Forums soon after finishing his great AAR near the end of 2011 but i just noticed he was back here not that long ago so there are still hopes.

Oh and in case you read this. Welcome back Horseman. ;)
Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman »

I haven't YET purchased AK or AC and not sure about another full AAR...it took quite a bit of time though I'll never say never as I do enjoy them (and its a good excuse to play a great game)

And yeah I'm still here...never left but had trouble logging in for ages which I only recently got round to sorting out and as sometimes happens real life gets in the way! Spent many hours playing through the GC (beta tested the first few :D )

Panzer corps is still one of my favourite games of all time, a worthy successor to Panzer General
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Horseman wrote:I haven't YET purchased AK or AC and not sure about another full AAR...it took quite a bit of time though I'll never say never as I do enjoy them (and its a good excuse to play a great game)

And yeah I'm still here...never left but had trouble logging in for ages which I only recently got round to sorting out and as sometimes happens real life gets in the way! Spent many hours playing through the GC (beta tested the first few :D )

Panzer corps is still one of my favourite games of all time, a worthy successor to Panzer General
That's Great! GC will be even longer than Wehrmacht and in sure real life will ruin your fun :? It ruins mine lol.
I wonder what will happen to Pferdmann if the war was lost :shock:
Cromm10k
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Cromm10k »

Just finished reading tihs AAR since the Afrika Korps Diary of Herr Wüstenfuchs is on hold. Great read, just as Wüstenfuchs!
sandeja1
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by sandeja1 »

Thank You!

I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed reading your AAR and have tried my best to document your upgrades and purchases to follow on my own path.

I have learned a LOT from reading your AAR and look forward to reading your "Afrika Korps" AAR as well.

Thanks for sharing your exploits!
faos333
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by faos333 »

I am new to the game and just finished this campaign.
I want to thank for the Diary of Herr Pferdmann, which help a lot to complete the campaign and it was a great pleasure to read through.

Ps My adding comment is to buy and develop in experience 2 or 3 paratroopers units,
they help a lot and things are far more easier, especially in important scenarios, like the Sealion 1940, Moscow 43 etc.
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”