Grand Campaign West 39-41 Blind 42-45 Guderian

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Grand Campaign West 39-45 Guderian

Post by hurly »

(04.05.2017) Maginot Line, Turn 11 Guderian.zip
(70.8 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Belgrade 1st Time

Starting prestige 21448 after replacements, upgrades, and Overstrengthening 19839.
Upgraded all Bf-109e’s to f’s for fuel, Albert Kerscher to Panzer 4E both Pz3F’s to H’s and 3.7cm Pak to 5 cm Pak with half-track and Regular Inf to Grenadier with half-track.

I have 13 Rounds to do this so I am expecting this to be easy.

Bringing in the air 2 Fallschimjager’s the 10th and 16th Battalions, 3 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter; also brought 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent and +3 Att; and 2 Tac Bombers including +1 Att and +2 Def hero’s.
Around Ulvar brought: 2 Grenadier units; 5cm Pak; 88; 10.5cm arty; Sturmpanzer including +3 Att; Oleh Der; and Albert Kerscher. (Mainly swinging them left to Becej including the 2 Fallschimjager’s then moving South.
Central Force around Ciacova brought: +3 Att Pioniere, Oleh Dir; 3 Sturmpanzer’s including +1 Attack; 88; 1st SE Pz3F +1 Def, 2 Char B’s, and +2 Att Pz3H. (Going to focus on the central area around Zrenjanin.)
Force with Romanian’s around Deta brought: +1 Def SE Pz3H; Panzerjaeger; and additional Sturmpanzer. (Plan is to proceed South towards Vlandimirovac.)

Let’s see how I did and how I chose to represent it for this playthrough.

All right Men! Almost an entire year has gone past since we were last together and astonishingly the Brits have not sued for peace but are continuing this futile war against our control of the European Continent. In fact they have been bolstering and buttressing the defense of Greece from our Italian allies who have looked to increase their territorial claims. We shall help remove the Brits from the Continent yet again, but first we need to deal a crippling blow to the impudent Yugoslav’s who dared defy our leader, even though they have tried to capitulate in every conceivable way since their defiance we are throwing our weight against them directly and showing our Romanian allies how it is done. It is time to train our allies in our refined Blitzkrieg tactics. Onward to victory!

I split this into 3 phases split over 3 days covered in time scale.

Battle Report Day 1 April 6th, 1941 Turns 1-4 (This was an incredibly easy battle and one you should use to train new units or gain heroes, avoid using auxiliary units.)
Clouds greeted us on the first hours of battle.
In the first hours we were able to seize Toba followed by the airfield near Toba as well as Becej, Kikinda, and Vrsec, by the afternoon we seized airfield near Vrsac and before night time fell seized Zabalj, Zrenjanin and pressuring Opovo and Vlandimirovac.
3rd Sturmpanzer awarded +1 Att hero. :?
With the speed of our units many times we found ourselves outpacing our Romanian officers pursuing on their horses.
The only enemy attacks were some fighter traps, but Captain Zunjic was able to cripple a couple of our Sturmpanzers as well as the last hours found our boys in our Sturmpanzers without ammo and assaulted, as well as almost lost one of our Romanian infantry battalions, but we already have over half of the battle map at the end of the 1st day.

Day 2 April 7th/1940
2nd Day with the speed of my advance I am continuing slowly but this is too easy at this point in my playing.
During the First Morning Hours as the sun continues to shine pressuring much and before the morning is over seized Novi Sad, Opovo, Vladimirovac, and Ruma. By the afternoon I seized Pancevo, Durakovo-Popovac and it’s airfield, Smederevo and last airfield near Belgrade. Before the day was over I was even beginning to pressure Belgrade itself.
The enemies only counter attack’s were moving their reserve units forward, but unable or unwilling to attack.
+3 Attack Pioniere awarded 2nd hero +1 Attack hero, will he make the cut. :?
Panzerjaeger awarded +3 Defense hero. 8)
This leaves only Belgrad itself and Obrenovac left to conquer.

Day 3 April 8th, 1940
Sun continues to shine as the sun sets on the Yugoslavian country.
The plan these last hours are to finish the rest of the enemy and seize last objectives.
In the morning hours seized all of Belgrade and moved both Romanian Officers within the city limits.
The morning saw the rest of the enemy Cavalry led by Colonel Mihailovic coming out but attacking nothing. :roll:
The later morning hours were spent systematically destroying Colonel Mihailovic and the remaining horse Cavalry accompanying them.
88 awarded +1 Initiative hero. :roll: :? :roll:

Decisive Victory ending with 21273 in prestige and 1 round early
Nothing really to worry about in this battle, so I would use it to build up green units and minimize use of auxiliary units available.
Next will be Metaxas Line with 22223 and awarded with a SE Pz3F. Yes!

Here are the final words of my fictional commander.

That is how it is done!!! :twisted:
Our Romanian allies are in awe of our prowess and speed as they are still trying to catch up to our more advanced units, let’s hope we never have to rely solely on their defense as they were brave, but are not exactly equipped at our level of mechanization. Now that we have “punished” our Yugoslavian neighbors for their brazen assertion of autonomy we can now deal with expunging the remainder of the Brits still clinging on to the Continent. Onward into the mountains to wrest the defensive Greeks from their strongholds.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Metaxas Line 1st Time

Starting prestige 22223 after replacements, upgrades, and Overstrengthening 20939.
I was awarded an SE Pz3F but I upgraded to a Pz4E because I want a Panzer 4, and prestige is of no concern.

I only have 9 Rounds to do this so I need to focus solely on my Main Objectives.

Bringing in the air 4 Fallschimjager’s including +1 Def super star, 3 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter; also brought 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent and +3 Att.
(Plan to fly this oversized Brigade of Fallschimjager around Sochos and Apollonia. I initially thought about steering completely clear around placing anything in the Western side as there are no Main Objectives and I do not need that Matilda 2, but ended up bringing Oleh Dir near Sandanski so I can use him to create havoc. My main thrust is around Sturmica with a small force around Serrai.)
Brought SE Grenadier, 10.5cm arty, and +1 Att Sturmpanzer help push towards Serrai.
Around Strumica: +4 Att Pioniere, +1 Init Gerbisjager, +1 Att Gerbisjager, 4 Sturmpanzers inc +1 Att and +3 Att; 10.5cm arty; 2 Char B’s; Grenadier; Albert Kirscher; +2 Att Pz3H; +3 Def Panzerjaeger; +1 Def SE Pz3H and SE Pz4E.

Men we are here in the Mountains to show our Italian allies how this Mountain fighting is done. We have our last remaining British forces trying to bolster their Greek allies. We are here to end their presence for good. Now let’s use our experience to scour them from the Mountains.

I split this into 3 phases split over 3 days covered in time scale.

Battle Report Day 1 April 12th, 1941 Turns 1-3 (This battle was a little tricky, as I was a touch too Aggressive with my Fallschimjager)
Rain impedes are progress during most of the first day. However this did not prevent us from taking Paranesti, Bogdanci, and in the afternoon Kerkini, and before the finish of the day Nikiforos and airfield near Sockos.
The sun came out at the end of the day to help our assault, but again we were a little too aggressive as our 16th Battalion of Fallschimjager’s were reduced to just 1/3rd of their original strength from a fierce Counter Attack, this is the same situation for our 2nd SE Grenadier battalion pressuring the Fortification near Serrai as attempting to press past the river. This forced as to make an effort to retreat the 16th Battalion and bring up replacements for the 2nd SE Grenadier’s. The last remaining hours of this first day left me with many bumps and bruises as many of our units were hit hard by the enemies fierce Counter Attack but thankfully no battalions destroyed, so we can and will recover.

Day 2 April 13th/1941
2nd Day was able to retreat the 16th Batallion to save for the next battle.
During the First Morning Hours as the sun comes up moved forward with our strongest units to seize Sochos, Gallikos, Polykastro, and Strymoniko. For our units that were battered we called up replacements to bolster the forces of 2nd SE Grenadier’s, 16th Sturmpanzer, and Romanian Cavalry.
Our advance was too brazen as it cost us our first casualty of the 1941 Campaign as our 4th Battalion of Fallschimjager’s was wiped out by an assault from the British Battalion led by Matilda 1’s. This is more strength from the Brits than we had anticipated. :oops:
Because of this loss we brought in another Bomber to help rain death.
We called up additional forces for our struggling Bulgarian Cavalry.
The afternoon found our seizure of the Northern province of Serrai complete as the forces in and around it were overwhelmed. This left them neutered and picking up the pieces, so into the evening we pressed the attack into seizing Agrios Athanasios and Nea Zickni, as well as even pressuring Thessalonica and Appollonia.

The day ended with the enemy floundering, causing only problems for our Romanian brothers in arms.

Day 3 April 14th, 1941
Using this last day of operations to destroy as much as possible.
Morning hours find us seizing 2 Fortifications, early afternoon seizing Apollonia, leaving only Thessalonica for the evening, which I used these last hours to also seize another fortification and Kevala.

(The only thing I was unable to take was Keramoti and it’s hidden Matilda 2 that I have no interest in. Not sure if I am going to try on Manstein as it may prove too difficult, but will at least try as I want as much prestige as possible.)
Grenadier awarded +1 Attach Hero. :? :|

Decisive Victory ending with 22378 in prestige
Do not underestimate the British as they can pack a punch on even your experienced units, use Gerbisjager’s without trucks and you should be able to maneuver just fine. I will proceed a lot more cautiously on Manstein.
Next will be Crete Airborne (doing the same for Manstein as it is the easier of the 2) with 22378 and awarded with a SE Pz4E. Yes! So selling SE Grenadier so I can hopefully get that 4th tank. I am finally getting a break on some SE units. :twisted:

We all mourn the loss of our fellow brothers on the battlefield, specifically the 4th Fallschimjager Battalion, but their loss was not in vain as we have now removed those British Bas**** from the Continent for good. Our intelligence led us astray and led to us making false assumptions about what the enemy had waiting for us, plus those Greek infantry sure to pack a brutal punch, but this distraction is now over…what is this…hold on…
It appears we are preparing to fly our most effective boys to the fleeing forces on Crete to complete this overrun od the remaining British forces and remove any further threat to the Ploesti oil fields.
To the airfield men as we prepare to move the assault to the enemy.
For their continued assistance on weakening if not flat out wiping out enemy units our boys flying in the 20th Bf110D Fighter/Bomber wing were awarded the Iron Cross 1st Class, as well as our boys fielding our 1st CharB’s their Iron Cross 2nd Class. 8)

Until next time…Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

same procedure for the Guderian Campaign
(this Guy gets no rest, organizes a MP Tourney, plays 3 Ultra Hard Campaigns at the same time and is screaming for more and harder challenges aka as the Ultimate Difficulty. Ah and besides that has a challenging job and manages a family with 8 children. I assume a day has at least 34 hours in Iowa)
(12.05.2017) Belgrade, Turn 13 Guderian .zip
(69.78 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
(13.05.2017) Metaxas Line, Turn 9 Guderian.zip
(68.38 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
and also here ahead of the actual AAR
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Crete Airborne 1st Time

Starting prestige 23228 after replacements and Overstrengthening 22495.
Disbanded SE Grenadier.

I have 10 Rounds so the plan is to hold everything and start pushing almost immediately to seize and move.

Bringing in the air 3 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter; also brought 3 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent and +3 Att, 1 Junkers, 16th and 22nd Fallschimjager’s and 2 Henkels.
Around Area Next to Krousnas: Albert Kirscher; +2 Att Pz3H; 2 Sturmpanzers; and Oleh Dir
Around Airfield next to Arkadi: 2 Char B’s; 2 Sturmpanzers
Around Maleme Airfield: 2 10.5cm arty’s and 2 SE Panzers
In Sea: +Sturmpanzer; SE Pz; 10.5cm arty; 2 Gerbisjagers; Pioniere; and Panzerjaeger.

SHOUTING!!!:
Do you hear that? The flak is coming on heavy. Prepare to land and fight immediately, it appears our intelligence was misled, as those sounds you here are defenders ready to kick us out of our landing site’s. So we are in for fight. Let’s land and seize our objectives quickly before we are shot out of the air. GO! GO!! GO!!

I split this into 3 phases split over 3 days covered in time scale. (There was a 4th day but I didn’t need it so I did not write it down, just used the extra time to try and destroy more enemy units to help get more heroes.)

Battle Report Day 1 May 20th, 1941 Turns 1-3 (I love using Guderian to help test how to do Manstein, it helps prepare what I think will work, and then try to implement it on my Manstein playthrough it doesn’t always work but it is nice nonetheless. I am going to miss it once I go West with Guderian army, and East with Manstein army)
Sun shines as our landings push their immediate areas.
The morning hours Counter attack saw them sinking a Destroyer, and their Bombers hitting our Panzerjaegers making their way to shore. They are not making this easy at all. :oops:
That afternoon we seized Gazi Krousonas, they counter attacked with a lot more ships and we are receiving a lot stronger defense of this island than we anticipated.
As evening approached we again pressed them as we seized part of Heraklion and Arkadi, and we were able to sink the HMS Dido, and some destroyers. But they followed up by continuing to press back where they could, but their damage is minimal compared to our infliction of casualties. 8)

Day 2 May 21st/1941
2nd Day started with cloudy skies, but quickly passes by as afternoon and evening sets in.
(6th 10.5cm arty awarded with a +1 Range Hero. :twisted:)
During the First Morning Hours seized Galatos, Rethinnon, Geropotamos, and airfield in Heraklion.
As the afternoon sun comes out we continue our advance as we seize Mousourai, Heraklion, Nikiforos Fokas, and Khania. We also sank both HMS Ajax and Orion.
This gave us some breathing room to fly in some replacements for the damaged Sturmpanzers.
At this halfway point we only have Souda left as a main objective to seize for Decisive Victory, so we are guaranteed to take it all men. This airborne assault is going over swimmingly and is a true rout of the enemy.
Before the sun went down for the evening we seized Lampi, Georgioupoli, and Akrotiri.
They are running out of strength, as the evening passed by with a quiet regrouping of the enemy.

Day 3 May 22nd, 1941
Using this last day of operations to destroy as much as possible.
Since we are now pressing on Souda in the morning hours we are using this morning to press in and call up ammo for the final assault. In the afternoon captured General Freubera as the remaining defense is falling apart. All gets wrapped up as everything on the island is seized and destroyed.

(The ships will be a lot more difficult on Manstein, and you want to be wary of what you bring to help hold and press on Heraklion as the ships bombardment can be damaging, and potentially deadly to your units, especially on Manstein level, but Airborne Crete is definitely easier, and less costly)

Decisive Victory ending with 23834 in prestige
Next will be Minsk, don’t forget Rudel ;), with 25334.

Crack open that Champagne! Yes, yes drink up for a job very well done! :twisted:
Despite dogged resistance, which we had not prepared for, you men staved off their assaults and fiercely pushed them back on all fronts, because of this we have gathered much important information from Freubera and his staff that surrendered on the 3rd day. The documents we recovered will provide valuable insight into our enemies current condition and future plans. :twisted:
Celebrate tonight and into tomorrow, men you deserve all the accolades you are receiving from the general staff, and the mucky mucks up the chain. We will deploying soon for a new front, with our experience and flawless victory thus far I expect nothing but the best on this new front. ALLGEMEIN!
For their aerial assault and strafing of the enemies on the ground our boys flying in the +3 att 7th Fighter wing were awarded the Iron Cross 1st Class, as well as our boys fielding our 2nd CharB’s, 23rd Fighter Wing, 17th 10.5cm arty awarded with an Iron Cross 2nd Class. 8)

goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Minsk 1st Time

Starting prestige 25334 after replacements, upgrades, and Overstrengthening 24447.
Upgraded Albert Kerscher to a Pz4F same for 2nd and 3rd SE Pz4’s.

Finally, it is time to storm Russia, 15 rounds should be plenty of time.

Bringing in the air 3 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter; also brought 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent and +3 Att, 4 Junkers including Rudel, +2 Def, +1 Att, and +1 Att, 3rd, 10th, and 16th Fallschimjager’s.
Around Siedlice Brought: +3 Att Sturmpanzer; +1 Range arty; +4 Att Pioniere and +1 Att Grenadier
North of Bug River brought: Sturmpanzer; +1 Att Gerbisjager; +3 Def Panzerjaeger; +1 Def 1st SE Pz3H
Around Lomza: +1 Att Sturmpanzer; Char B; +1 Init Gerbisjager; 3rd SE Pz4F; +2 Att Pz3H
East of Pisz: Albert Kirscher; Char B; +1 att Sturmpanzer; 2nd SE Pz 4F; 10.5cm arty; 2 Gerbisjagers
West of Nyoma River brought: Oleh Dir, Sturmpanzer, Recon

We are about to embark on our biggest mission to date men!
Britain has refused to capitulate; they stand defiant despite our appeals to sue for peace in their futile hope that they still have the Russian Bear as an ace up their sleeve to pull out to attack our back when we switch to fully attack England herself. So now we are here to kick in the door so that their whole structure will collapse and we can finally end this destructive conflict. Once we take Russia off the table as a hope for the Brit’s I am confident that they will sue for peace and we can turn our work to building the 1000 year Reich!
Now, make your final preparations as we attack at dawn.

I split this into 7 phases split over 7 days covered in time scale. (There was a 8th day but I didn’t need it so I did not write it down, just used the extra time to try and destroy more enemy units to help get more heroes.)

Battle Report Day 1 June 22nd, 1941 Turns 1-2
Oh My Goodness! :shock: :shock: :shock:
We have caught them with their pants down gentleman, they aren’t even ready to counter attack and we are repulsing them on all fronts. Destroyed many, many frontline units and seized Bialystock and pressuring Hrodna.
1st Recon awarded with a +2 Def hero.
Afternoon found Uber Rudel joining us in battle. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sun shines over the whole day as we continue our advance into Hrodna and its airfield.
That afternoon they counter attacked by attacking our boys manning our mobile AA, and their AA knocking a couple of planes down flying with Heinrich’s wing.

Day 2 June 23rd/1941
2nd Day continues to see sun shine.
The plan is to continue pressuring Brest Fortress and to get around Navahrudak.
During the Morning Hours seized Lida and airfield as well as the airfield’s North of Brest and next to Navahrudak. Before the morning hours were done even was able to seize Vaukavysk and airfield.
Only attacks were nicks from their AA guns on some of our bombers and arty hitting our auxiliary units.
In the afternoon we continue our advance as we seize Navahrudak, Masty, and airfield near Ivacevicy.
The enemy started to press around the Brest region as they were able to reclaim the airfield North of Brest

Day 3 June 24th, 1941
Ahhhhh! This is the perfect weather to continue this Blitzkrieg. Sun going into the 3rd day of operations.
The plan for this day is to set up the destruction of the Brest Fortress and continue to work towards Minsk.
This started out in the morning with us retaking the airfield and Baranavicy, Biaroza, Ivacevicy, and the very central airfield.
The enemies only response are AA batteries hitting on our Strategic Bombers. :lol:
The afternoon we are starting to pressure the Brest Fortress itself and seized Sailhorsk and its nearby airfield and the Southern most airfield, as well as airfield near Maladziecna.
The Fallschimjager Battalion that seized the airfield near Maladziecna felt the pressure as the enemy tanks brought some pain, as well as Brest attacking our Grenadier’s pressuring it.

Day 4 June 25th, 1941
Sun continues to shine on our assaulting troops into this fourth day.
The plan is to overwhelm Brest and takeover everything but around Minsk.
So in the morning we seized Uzda and Pinsk.
We found some abandoned T-34/40’s in the city of Brest itself in order to from a tank Battalion. 8)
Unfortunately the enemies counter attack finally bloodied our nose by destroying the 3rd Battalion of Fallschimjager along with one of our mobile AA battery’s.
In the afternoon we seized Dziarzynsk and airfield near Uzda, but the enemy reseized the airfield near Maladziecna. (Definitely do not try to take on Minsk until you have a strong combined force to handle their counter attacks, I will have to remember that in my Manstein play.)

Day 5 June 26th, 1941
As the battle goes into this 5th day, the sun starts bringing us fear, fear of an impending airforce, if we are unable to suppress or seize all of the necessary airfields.
But started the day by seizing all of Brest by finally destroying their Fortress. 8) :twisted:
I also retook the airfield near Maladziecna in the afternoon.
(Oleh Dir was awarded with a +2 Defensive 2nd hero. 8) )
The afternoon counter attack consisted of an assault on our Sturmpanzer’s and destroying another mobil AA battery.

Day 6 June 27th, 1940
All that we have left to seize is Minsk which I continue to harass into Day 7 as maximizing casualties to increase experience and kill count. All airfields are seized or suppressed so only airforce is that which I find lying idle and destroying for additional kill count.
Nothing left for enemy to counter attack with so seizure of all objectives and destruction of all units finished on Day 7

(First foray into Russia has me thinking this will be easy, not so easy in Manstein I figure, but this is another good scenario to attempt to build up inexperienced units and utilize those auxiliary Strat Bombers to try and neutralize those far flung airfields that are guarded by AA. But any force facing my elite forces at this point is going to have difficulty. Not really expecting this to get too difficult until I go West and try and fly blind. Oh yeah Vyazma and Streets of Moscow, those will be a challenge trying to complete 5 rounds early.)

Decisive Victory ending with 26297 in prestige
Next will be Smolensk with 27547.

The leadership appears to be correct for once the rotten structure that is Soviet High Command has proven quite vulnerable as we cut through the battlefield like a hot knife through butter. I am tired after this very rapid advance so let’s take the next few days to rest up, regroup and prepare for our next major assault. Well done Men, well done!
For their aerial assault and strafing of the enemies on the ground our boys flying in the +2 def 3rd Bomber wing were awarded the Iron Cross 1st Class, as well as our boys fielding advancing in the +1 Def 1st SE Pz3H; for their bravery and resilience despite constant enemy pressure the boys in the 16th Fallschimjager have been awarded with an Iron Cross 2nd Class. 8)

goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

replay update
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Smolensk 1st Time

Starting prestige 27547 after replacements and Overstrengthening and New Purchase 25522.
Bought another Fallschimjager.
Upgraded 10.5 +1 Range artillery to a 17cm artillery and +1 Att Sturmpanzer to Wurfrahmen, and upgraded Uber Rudel to a JU-87R.

I have 16 Rounds so the plan is to take a force North to grab all 2ndary and primary Objectives there, and then the bulk of my forces will be split between South and Center to push towards getting the KV-1B in the South and push towards everything in the center. (I should have broken out who I was taking where, but didn’t. :oops:

Bringing in the air 3 Fallschimjager (which are being sent directly to Krasny) 3 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter; also brought 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent and +3 Att, 4 Junkers inc Uber Rudel, +2 Def, and 2 +1 Att bombers.
On the ground brought: 4 Sturmpanzers inc +3 Att, +1 Att, +1 Att; +1 Att Wurfrahmen, +1 Range 17cm arty, 2 Char B’s, 3 SE Pz’s, +2 Att Pz3H, Albert Kerscher, +3 Def Panzerjaeger, +1 Att Grenadier, +4 Att Pioniere, Oleh Dir, +1 Init Gebirgsjaeger, +1 Att Gebirgsjaeger, 88.

Ok men! The rush continues. We have paused here before the Berezina River to regroup and refit, but the time to move forward has come. We are to bring all our might to bear across The Berezina and across The Dnieper in order to surround and destroy all forces in and around Smolensk. We have 16 days to get this done, and I do not for see this being a problem. Let’s roll.

I split this into 4 phases split over 16 days covered in time scale.

Battle Report Day 1-4 July 3rd through 6th, 1941

Sun shines on this 1st day as we push forward completely overpowering all opposition in our way, but the counter attack found an AA battery hitting our Fallschimjager boys in planes, a Battalion of T-34/40’s hitting our Bruckenpioniere in trucks guarded by our Wurfrahmen; and a nice Fighter trap.
Clouds roll in on the 2nd day which seized Berezino and Barysau and the AA nicked again our Fallschimjager’s in their planes, but I once again caught Bombers in a well-placed fighter trap.
Sun is out again on this 3rd day which freed us to seize Knyahinin and was able to successfully cross the Berezina River in the South and the Center. Helmut Wirnsberger and the 2nd Company of Gebirsjaeger’s and Heinz Rondorf and their 4th Panzer Regiment have joined the fight. :twisted: The rush forward continues into the 4th day as we seized Kpynki and even started pressuring Krasny. (We have caught the enemy so off guard that they have nothing left to counter attack with.)

Day 5-8 July 7th through 10th/1941
The plan over the next 4 days will be to seize Krasny, cross the Dneiper, and everything north of Polotsk.
Started by seizing North Eastern most airfield, as well as Mogilev, and the nearby airfield. Used the down time to call up the appropriate Flammpanzers for the 4th Pz Regiment.
The rush continues in the 6th day as Krasny is seized as well as the nearby airfield in the South and Hlybokaje as well as pressuring Orsha. Nothing is standing in our way as we continue to press forward.
We even used our reserves to man the captured KV-1B’s found abandoned in Krasny as we moved into the 7th day. This brought out the enemy in the air as a Bomber and fighter nicked some of my units.
This didn’t stop us on Day 8 from seizing Mscislau, pressuring Pochinok and Polotsk because I seized the nearby airfield, even able to begin pressuring Orsha. Our army is ripping apart force centered around Captain Flyorov which allowed us to even pressure Lepel. The only response from the enemy was to hit our 88 in a truck which destroyed 5 more of our units.

Day 9-12 July 11th through 14th, 1941
This next phase is to seize everything except Smolensk which will give us plenty of time to tear it apart.
In the sun of this 9th day we seized Pochinok, Orsha, Lepel, and Polotsk. Our army destroyed Captain Flyorov and almost all of his remaining forces.
On the 10th day we seized Roslavi and Rudnya. And the only enemy response was to use their AA guns to knock a couple of planes out of the sky.
Day 11 allowed us the time to completely pressure Smolensk and Vitebsk.
This pressure though created the opportunity for some BT-7’s hit the Gebirsjaeger’s rolling with Helmut Wirnsberger, which reduced their number by half as well as a T-3441 hit one third of our 3rd SE Pz4F.
By the end of Day 12 the only objectives left to take are Demidov, Vitebsk, and Smolensk.

Day 13-16 July 15th through 18th, 1941
At this point in the battle I just used the time to get more kills and final objectives seized to get the Decisive Victory.

Decisive Victory ending with 28550 in prestige
Going to Kiev in Guderian so next will be Zhitomir with 30300 in prestige

Crack open that Champagne! Yes, yes drink up for a job very well done! :twisted:
Men this is getting way too easy we should be in Moscow before the end of next month. Let’s take this time to rest and regroup before we continue on to push towards Moscow. Men you have earned this rest, but this battle is far from over so use these next few days to take it all in how much territory we have already seized for the Fatherland, not since Alexander the Great has an army taken so much so fast.

Amazing work!

goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Zhitomir 1st Time

Starting prestige 30300 after replacements and Overstrengthening 29145.

Going the Kiev route for Guderian, 12 rounds should be enough time to get objectives, but not enough time to take on Kiev.

Bringing in the air 3 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter; also brought 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent and +3 Att, 2 Junkers including Rudel, +2 Def, 3 Fallschimjaeger’s.
2 sets of Ground Forces:
Around Ihnatpil Brought: Albert Kirscher; Oleh Dir, +1 Def 1st SE Pz3H; 10.5cm arty; +4 Att Pioniere; Helmut Wirnsberger; +1 Att Wurfrahmen; +1 Range arty; Sturmpanzer; 88; and 3rd SE Pz4F.

Around Rahivka: +1 Att Sturmpanzer; 2 Char B’s; +2 Att Pz3H; 2nd SE Pz 4F; +3 Def Panzerjaeger; Heinz Rondorf; +1 Init Gebirsjaeger; +1 Att Gebirsjaeger; +1 Att Grenadier; 2 +1 att Sturmpanzer’s; +3 Att Sturmpanzer.

Well here we are. I do not understand this anymore than you do, but we have been redirected South to help trap an enormous Russian group of various armies, in and around Kiev. We were about to continue pressure on the capitol, but we are now being told this area of Russia is more important. If their assessment is correct the size of these army groups would make this encirclement extremely beneficial for our conquering this vast and expansive country. So we find ourselves here given the task, over the next 6 days to seize Zhitomir and closing the remaining gaps on this side of Kiev. So let’s show these Russian’s who commands the battlefield.

I split this into 3 phases split over 6 days covered in time scale.

Battle Report Day 1 and 2 August 5th and 6th, 1941 Turns 1-4
In the morning hours we moved forward and seized Korosten, the counter attack was their fighters hitting our Wurfrahmen units as well as having their bombers fly into our Bomber trap. ;)
Afternoon found as continuing the assault as we seized Dytyatky, Nedashky, Ivankiv, as well as airfield near Ryzhany. The enemy came and pressured the Flamm’s riding with Heinz Rondorf, but they gave as good as they got.
By the 2nd day we seized Ryzhany, Malyn, and nearby airfield and by the afternoon we seized Kosachivka.
Our boys riding with the 8th Gebirsjaeger have been not only recognized with fast shooting (+1 Init) but also kill at a greater rate (+2 Att), this includes our tanks riding with Albert Kerscher with additional kills (+1 Att)
The day ended with 2 Fighters strafing Heinz Rondorf and 2nd Pz3H. This left our boys riding with Heinz with half of their starting Strength. May need some additional replacements to help bolster their Strength.

Day 3 and 4 August 7th and 8th/1941
As the sun continues to shine on this 2nd day we were able to roll up on Krasnobirka, Strybizh, Potivka, and Katyuzhanka. The enemies only counter attack consisted of 2 T-34/40’s hit our 1st SE Pz3H that left me with half original strength, which will need to be bolstered with Replacements. We did send a couple of replacements for boys riding with Heinz Rondorf.
By the next day we have seized Korostyshiv, Kocheriv, and Borodyanka, as well as already beginning to pressure Zhitomir. Unfortunately our brazen speed has caught our boys riding with the 2nd SE Pz4F’s to get devastated by their T-34/40’s and leaving their strength depleted to 1/3rd their original strength.

Day 5 and 6 August 9th and 10th, 1941
These last couple of days found our air attacks diminished by unfortunate cloudy weather.
This first day found us able to seize Borodyanka as well as Zhitomir, but the enemies ended this fifth day by coming out of the Kiev area stronger than expected. KV-1B and T-34/40 and Conscript all ganged up on hitting our boys riding with the 3rd SE Pz4F’s this left our worn out boys with less than 10% of their starting strength, the remaining forces will retreat and lick their wounds for the next battle. The same is also for the boys running with the 1st Fallschimjaeger as they were reduced to 25% of their original strength by Mountain Inantry Battalion as well as a group of Conscript’s.
The last day found ourselves repelling, as much as possible, the strong forces assaulting us from Kiev and seizing Korostyshiv and even pressuring Boyarka. The enemy continued to bring the pressure by assaulting our Char B’s, 10th Fallschimjaeger, T-34/40 hitting Heinz Rondorf defended alongside our Wurfrahmen, and their AA guns hitting the boys flying with Helmut Lent.

Decisive Victory ending with 32002 in prestige
Next will be Zhurivka with 33002.

I found this pretty easy until you get near Kiev, as this seems too much to handle for most army’s to handle at this point. So be careful once crossing the River and going anywhere near Kiev.

All right so ends the first phase of this encirclement. They are correct when they assessed the forces in and around Kiev, it will be to all of our allies advantage for us to crush this force, so with that let’s cross the Dnieper and complete the encirclement of Kiev from the other side.
For their rushed assault and continued ability to show up where they are needed most the 8th Gebirsjaeger were awarded Iron Cross 1st Class, but the tanks riding and assaulting everywhere on the map the tanks riding with Albert Kerscher was awarded with the Knight’s Cross. 8)

goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

the latest Replays
(04.06.2017) Zhurivka, Turn 13 Guderian 1st time.zip
(72.37 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Zhurivka 1st Time

Starting prestige 33002 after replacements and Overstrengthening 30677.

I have 13 Rounds so separating out in 2 days 4 round turns.

Bringing in the air 3 Fallschimjager 4 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter, +2 Def; also brought 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent and +3 Att, 1 Junkers inc Uber Rudel.
Near Chernigov: 3 Sturmpanzers, 1 10.5 cm arty, KV-1B, Heinz Rondorf, Grenadier, +4 Att Pioniere.
Near Zhukivka: Helmut Wirnsberger, Oleh Dir, +1 Init/+2 Att Geb; Wurfrahmen, Sturmpanzer, 88, Char B, Albert Kirscher.
Near Blystora: Panzerjaeger, +2 Att Pz 3H, Char B, 3 SE Pz’s.

The plan is to bring these Panzer’s East to seize everything over to Konotop, while the rest are swinging down through Nizhyn.

We have swung around the Kyivs’ke Reservoir across the Dneiper River to finish the surrounding and in order to systematically choke out the Kiev Salient. In order to do this we are pushing through to seize Zhurivka and the surrounding area. Expect many attempts to break out and try to bring in relief forces for the accosted salient. We will crush them and secure the victory for the Fatherland.

Battle Report Turns 1-4 August 20th and 21st, 1941

Sun shines on this 1st day as we push forward completely overpowering all opposition in our way as we were able to seize Smolyanka and airfield, Nizhyn and pressuring Shayovalivka and Plysky all within the first day.
Their counter attacks were mostly their troops getting surprised by our well placed troops, nevertheless they were able to inflict minor casualties on some of our forward units, biggest being their AA guns shooting down 4 of our brazen flying Fallschimjager planes.
It was in this 2nd day that the enemies defense really started taking shape as we were only able to seize the airfield near Plysky in the morning hours and their morning counterattack began to really mount pressure on our forward landing Fallschimjager units, and their airfield easily found vulnerable units to rain death on. Luckily our tenaciousness caused no unit permanent losses.
In the afternoon we pressed forward our advance as we seized Plysky, Baturyn, Shapovalivka, and even beginning to pressure Konotop, Dmitrivka, Ichnya, Kozelets, and even Kobyzhcha. We started flying in replacements for the beleaguered Fallschimjager Corps and unfortunately I am fearing we may lose the 10th Fallschimjager Battalion.

Turns 5-8 August 22nd and 23rd/1941
The plan for the next 2 days is to coalesce and consolidate our forces in the East and then to begin pushing South with them, try and salvage the Fallschimjager pressured, and to continue to push West towards Kiev.
Clouds greeted us on this 3rd day of battle but this didn’t stop us from fully relieving the 10th Fallschimjager and calling in full replacements for them and even seized Konotop, Dmitrivka, Ichnya, Kozelets, and even Kobyzhcha. The enemy’s only effective attacks were with their artillery and unfortunately our brazen push towards Kiev means that we are going to lose our boys riding with the captured KV-1B. Our cocky brethren are paying the price for their overconfidence in enemy equipment. Otherwise we are cutting through all other forces like a hot knife through butter.
The rush continues in the 4th day as sun helped in our assault and seizure of Schenkove, Schryntsi, Mala Divytsya, Zhravka, and most of Priluki, as the day ends we only have Zhurivka and the rest of Priluki.
Unfortunately I was correct in my assessment of the pressured KV-1B’s as the enemy’s morning counter attack saw them being completely wiped out. :x :oops: :cry: :evil:

Turn 9-13 August 24th through 26th, 1941
This last phase is to take my time with the seizure of all of Kiev and saving Zhurivka for our last day.
These last days of the battle limited our ability to seize much of anything around Kiev as fortifications proved to be too strong to garner much of it for the Wehrmacht, but their remaining counter attack tried to damage our Pionier’s with thei KV-1B’s but found our artillery defense too strong even though they reduced them to 2/3rds their original strength.
The last day we seized part of Kiev, Priluki, and Zhurivka for the Decisive Victory!!! :twisted:

Decisive Victory ending with 33162 in prestige
Next will be Zolotonotha with 34162 and I used 2nd try as 1st try got too crazy with Fallschimjager and lost them, and I wanted/needed them for Vyazma. :oops:

All right men, let’s stick to orders now, because of our pig headedness of our boys riding the captured KV’s we lost a unit, let’s avoid that kind of one battalion assault from now on, combined arms wins the day. With that said the complete encirclement is complete now all that stands in our way of the entire annihilation of 3 complete Soviet armies is a final push to eliminate the expected counterattack South. Hopefully our boys will never have to go through something like what our Soviet counter parts are. :roll:
Now let’s finish this Secondary mission so we can get back to the job of seizing the Soviet Capital Moscow for German High Command.
Because of their overall contribution to the rush of our troops the tanks running with Heinz Rondorf and 2nd and 3rd SE Panzers were all awarded with Iron Crosses 2nd Class, plus their amazing assist with the rush the 13th Wurfrahmen were awarded with Iron Cross 1st Class.

goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Zolotonotha (Kiev) 2nd Time :oops:

Starting prestige 34162 after replacements and Overstrengthening 32607.

1st Time I used my Fallschimjager foolishly and lost 2 of them rather quickly, so trying again as I want them for the upcoming Vyazma battle.

Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter, and +2 Def; also brought 3 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent, +1 Att and +3 Att, 3 Junkers including Rudel, and 2 +1 Att.
2 sets of Ground Forces:
Around airfield in the West Brought: +4 Att Pioniere; Oleh Dir; +3 Att Sturmpanzer; 3rd SE Pz4F; and ; +2 Att Pz3H
Around Zhurivka: +1 Range arty; 2 +1 att Sturmpanzer’s; +3 Def Panzerjaeger; Albert Kirscher; +1 Att Grenadier; Heinz Rondorf; and Char B-1.
Around Priluki: 88; +1 Def 1st SE Pz3H; Char B-1; +1 Att Wurfrahmen; +1 Att Gebirsjaeger; and Sturmpanzer.
Around Zhuravka: Helmut Wirnsberger; 10.5cm arty; +1 Init/+2 Att Gebirsjaeger; 2nd SE Pz 4F;

We are now assembled to not only finish the great assault of Kiev itself but also to crush the remaining forces pressuring South of Kiev, before we can swing back up North to finish the assault on Moscow itself. Let’s make quick work of these forces arrayed against us so we can finally get back to the business of seizing Moscow itself.

I have 12 rounds which I will split into 4 3 day rounds.

Battle Report Day 1 - 3 September 5th – 7th, 1941 Turns 1-3
Our first goal over these next 3 days is to seize both main objective cities directly South of our current position Shrumkivaka and Valyka as well as seize all 2ndary cities around Kiev.
The clouds hover overhead all day but this did not keep us from seizing Shevchenkove and Lekhnivka. The nicest thing is their air attacks fell into a brilliantly executed double fighter trap. (I have never been able to pull one of these off, but the clouds made this possible. ;) ) A few other nicks and bits off various units in their initial counterattack.
By the 2nd day, 9/6/41, the sun came out and allowed us to roll up much of the resistance including able to seize Divychiky and Boryspil. All counter attacks this day were innefective.
The 3rd day, 9/7/41, found the clouds roll in again but this did nothing to stop our advance as we seized Zhovtneve, Velyka, Shramkivka, we are even beginning to pressure Kiev itself.
Our veterans now riding with our 1st group of captured Char-B’s have been recognized as being especially skilled at killing more units than expected. (+1 Att)
However the day ended with requiring us to call in replacements for the beleaguered Romanian forces struggling in the South.
The day ended with the enemy coming out in full force as 2 Brigade’s of T-34/40’s coming up against our Char-B’s as well as a nick from our 88’s in a half track guarded by unseen artillery batteries, as well as artillery around Kiev assaulting the members of the 2nd Gebirsjaeger, and a brazen Battalion reseizing control of Boryspil.

Day 4 - 6 August 8th - 10th/1941
Sun shines and the plan over the next 2 days is to complete the encirclement and dismantling of Kiev and to seize Lubny and Orzhystya.
Started by eliminating many enemy units and calling up replacements for the beleaguered Romanians. Based on this destruction of major Soviet formations this completely blunted their counter attack.
By the next day we dismantled the forces in and around Kiev as we have begun seizing part of it, along with Tsybil, Lubny, and Drabiv. The only enemy counter attack was artillery nicking Grenadier’s in half track.
As the sun continues to shine on this sixth day are assault continues to take shape as this allowed us to seize Velykyi, Khutir, and retook Boryspil. We come to the end of the day with Kiev having 1 defending Bridge Engineer Battalion and pressuring Orzhytsya. The enemy’s counter attack consisted of their AA hitting our Fighter Bombers and formations trying to assist their pressured city of Cherkassy.

Day 7 9/11/1941
I plan on finishing this battle 3 days early as there is next to nothing standing in my way. :twisted:
Clouds kept us from seizing Obolon and its airfield. But first day was able to seize the rest of Kiev and Orzhytsya. As they called up the rest of their reserves to assault all that they could, which caught our auxiliary Anti-tanks in a truck reducing it to just 1/3rd their starting strength. I could have finished this on Day 8 but kept going into day 12 to keep building up kills for our veteran units. Trying to get 2nd heroes, for the final cut off.

Decisive Victory ending with 34639 in prestige
Next will be Vyazma with 35839.

I found this pretty easy unless you try to use Fallschimjager. :roll: I like this rush play, but limits a lot of army diversity and makes your favorite units that much more important to retain.

High Command proved correct that the vast amount of forces and captured equipment certainly will go far in pushing these Soviets to total collapse. I cannot imagine any army recovering from the loss of as many men and equipment we have been able to inflict on them, now that all that stands in our way is our push towards the capital. Back to the front at Vyazma, brothers as I hear they have been having a great deal of difficulty in that area since our departure. I am sure with our presence we will easily wrest control and bring this entire regime to its knees.
For their continued rain of destruction on the enemy our boys flying with the 1st Ju-87D’s were awarded Iron Cross 1st Class, also the boys assaulting with Helmut Weinsberger were awarded the Iron Cross 2nd class for their contributions. 8)

goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Vyazma 1st Time

Starting prestige 35839 after replacements and Overstrengthening 34607.

I have 15 Rounds so separating out in 10 days 3 round turns.

Bringing in the air 3 Fallschimjager 4 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter, +2 Def; also brought 3 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent, +1 Att and +3 Att, 1 Junkers inc Uber Rudel. (Oh yeah I upgraded the BF-110D’s to F’s.)
Near Zhirkovskiy: 2 Sturmpanzers inc +3 Att Beast, 88, T-34/40, 3rd SE Pz, 1 10.5 cm arty, +1 Att Grenadier, +4 Att Pioniere, Albert Kirscher, +3 Def Panzerjaeger, +1 Init/+2 Att Gebirsjaeger, and +1 Att Wurfrahmen.
Near Yelnya: Polish Arty, +1 Range 17cm arty, Helmut Wirnsberger, +2 Att Pz 3H, Heinz Rondorf, Oleh Dir, +1 Init/+2 Att Geb; 2 +1 Att Sturmpanzer’s,+1 Def 1st SE Pz3H, and 2nd SE Pz4F.
In Safonovo: +1 Att Gebirsjaeger.

The plan is to take Yelnya and to push forward and sieze Ugra and leave Yukhnov off and go straight for Vyazma by the 2nd and 3rd phases move towards Mozhaysk. I am sending 3 Fallschimjager straight away to take Moscow. Northern Group going for Zhirhovskiy then swinging down to Vyazma and by 3rd phase going for Mozhaysk.

It is time to close this operation up as we push forward towards the Soviet Capital of Moscow. I have heard that the city of Yelnya which we had in our possession months ago has been retaken by our enemy’s persistent pressure. Our forces that remained are happy to have us back to bolster this assault. So this is where we will start our advance, crush all that stands in your way, I am sure this stormy weather is just a passing phase and we can get back to our “Blitzkrieg” weather soon enough. We shall move hard and fast so we can be back home in time for Christmas in the Fatherland.

Battle Report Turns 1-5 10/2-11/1941

Rainy weather greets us on this first and second day which will limit our Luftwaffe, but will allow our Fallschimjaeger to slip past anything standing in their way. These rainy first couple of days still allowed us to seize Zhirkovskiy and Yelnya back from the enemy. (It was surprisingly easy after the months of fighting for this remote town. )
Their counter attack consisted of a BT-5 getting ambushed by Albert Kerscher, their tanks were still lucky enough to damage 1 of our vehicles riding with his tanks.
It was on the 3rd and 4th day that the effects of the rain really became cumbersome as slogging through it proved extremely difficult. We were able to press forward to begin to pressure Ugra, the mud did not go away under the clouds of the 5th and 6th day, but our forward units overwhelmed the Soviet forces in Ugra and its nearby airfield. (Used the down time to call up replacements for our damaged T-34/41’s) The rain and clouds in the remaining days of this first phase really become oppressive but still able to seize Belyj.
2nd SE Pz4F was awarded with a +1 Defensive Hero. :( (I have not been blessed with hero’s for my SE units.)
This First phase of battle was brutal where or biggest opponent has been the weather, I am hoping the 2nd phase will be better.

Turns 6-10 10/12th through the 21st/1941
This next phase, weather allowing, will be to pincer movement on Vyazma itself as well as use our Fallschimjager’s dropped around Moscow begin to pressure Moscow itself.
Rain at the start of this 2nd phase does not bode well as the first 2 days of this 2nd phase was used to repair our broken down 3rd SE Pz4F’s and +1 Att 19th Bf-110F. The rain caused an ambush with our Flamm’s riding with Heinz Rondorf with us being able to destroy 6 of their BT-5’s, but this was followed up by their T-34/40’s taking their revenge by disabling 4 of our Flamm’s.
The sun finally shines on the day 13 and 14 of this battle which allowed our air force the ability to completely destroy the Counter attack coming out of the South and the North. We continued to call up additional forces for the damaged T-34/40’s. This sun also brought out their AA and T-34/40’s to damage our units.
The clouds returned in the 15th and 16th day of battle. But we were beginning to pressure Vyazma and Zvenigorod. The enemy’s counter attack was mostly artillery, their biggest attack came on our +4 Att Pioniere which left them with 1/3rd of their starting strength.
Much to our boys in the air consternation the rain returned on the 17th and 18th day of battle. This kept our planes grounded, but our forward forces are pressuring all of Vyazma, seized all of Sycyovka, and its airfield and even Zvenigorod. The enemy had nothing left to throw at us in counter attack.
The last 2 days of this 2nd phase found the sun out again and the ground dry enough to roll forward. This good weather allowed us to rain large amounts of bombs and bullets on the enemy around Vyazma, which helped us to seize all of Vyazma and Nikol’shoye, and even have begun pressuring Moscow itself, much to the surprise of the enemy. We have sent all the senor officials in the Moscow area in disarray.
We also used this time to call up replacements for our 4th +4 attack Pioniere. This 2nd phase of battle ended with the enemy bringing up reserves for accosted forces towards Vyazma and trying unsuccessfully to dislodge our forces around Moscow.

Turn 11-15 October 22nd through 31st, 1941
This last phase force capitulation of Moscow itself and to seize Mozhaysk.
Seasonable weather, almost like an omen from the heavens shined on us the 1st 2 days of this last phase. We have decided to use Heinz Rondorf and possibly other forces to guard Ugra, just in case the enemy gets overly creative and ambitious. Only enemy counter attack was a minor attack by their AA guns. The sun continued to shine on day 23 and 24 of this incredible battle. Which meant we were able to pressure Mazhaysk and Ruza as well as part of Moscow. We flew in additional forces for the diminished +1 Def 36th Fallschimjaeger’s. The enemy Conscript’s were able to find our +1 Att Grenadier in half tracks reducing our number by 3 but costing them 1/3rd of their entire battalion as well as their anti air guns continue to hit our fly boys.
The sun shines again on days 25 and 26 of this great battle which allowed us to be able to seize Mozhaysk, but I desire to prolong this battle as I want more glory for our boys, continuing to press their attack. Days 27 and 28 saw us seizing Moscow and Ruza and even pressuring Yukhnov as well as Volokolansk. On the last couple of days of this historic battle our boys were able to seize Yukhnov, Obninsk, Mozhaysk, and Volokolamsk as well as it’s airfield. We were even pressuring Medyn.
The start to this battle had me worried, but once the weather cleared up our pressure became overwhelming.

Decisive Victory ending with 36223 in prestige
Next will be Streets of Moscow with 38223 I was awarded a 4th SE unit, but it was a Gebirsjaeger so… Going to be selling off

That weather had me worried. I have never seen anything quite so dreary and cumbersome as that rain. It slowed down all of our vehicles and men, making the rush to Moscow impossible within the time frame allowed. Thank God for the brave and capable Fallschimjager Corps as their brazen assault on the Capital caught the Soviet High Command completely off guard and allowed our boys the time needed to handle the forces around Vyazma. Now that we have Moscow just about in our gras…what is this?
It appears the seizure of Moscow was premature as the men keep pouring in bolstering the defense of this city, it appears the Soviets are putting all their eggs in this basket, now let’s smash these eggs and go home victors..
Here 22nd +2 Att Pz3H and the +1 Range 6th Artillery Battery were awarded Iron Cross 1st Class. We have no time for ceremony gear up and let’s hit the battlefield again.

goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

(25.06.2017) Vyazma, Turn 15 Guderian 1st time.zip
(78.52 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
The 41 Campaign in its final stages
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Streets of Moscow Guderian 1st Time

Starting prestige 38223 after replacements and Overstrengthening 36258.

I am keeping the Gebirsjaeger I was awarded for at least this scenario to help me win it, and disband before the end of the scenario, in hopes that I will finally be awarded that last SE Tank desired.

Bringing in the air 3 Fallschimjager’s to land immediately. 3 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter, and +2 Def; also brought 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent and +3 Att, 3 Junkers including Rudel, and 1 +1 Att and +2 Def.
Around Vidnoye: +3 Att Sturmpanzer and another Sturmpanzer, Heinz Rondorf; +1 Def 1st SE Pz3H and Oleh Dir.
Around Eastern Southern District: Polish Arty; Helmut Wirnsberger; +1 Att Gebirsjaeger; and +1 Def Fallschimjager.
Around Central Southern District: 2 +1 att Sturmpanzer’s; +1 Init/ +2 Att Gebirsjaeger; and 88.
Around Western Southern District: +4 Att Pioniere; +1 Att Grenadier; +1 Range arty; +1 Att Wurfrahmen; 10.5cm arty; 2nd and 3rd SE Pz’s, +2 Att Pz3H; and Green SE Gebirsjaeger.

Well here we find ourselves fighting in the Streets of Moscow itself with the enemy fighting for every single house, in every single street. They are pulling troops up from all fronts on their trains attempting to bolster their defenses. They are making every effort to defend their capital and once this city falls, which it will, I am sure the enemy will capitulate. So let’s dg in for this final push as when we puch them out of the Kremlin itself and Red Square, I am sure we will be on the next train heading home to spend the Holidays with our loved ones. Let’s finish this.

I have 19 rounds which I will split into 6 3 day rounds.

Battle Report Day 1 - 3 12/2-4, 1941 Turns 1-3
The plan is to take our Northern Group around the Kremlin and the Northwest District to seize Kransogorsk and Khimki, before I swing it around to seize the Northwern District and finally to come down for the Kremlin and the Northwestern District. (The first 3 days will be spent swinging it around)
The plan in the Southern District will go as far East as possible then push North to get the rest of the pincer formed with the Northern Group to utilize the bulk of my forces to seize the North Eastern District. So that we can push together towards the Kremlin and the North Western District. (The first 3 days will be to secure the Southern District.)
We rushed forward the first day of combat which brought out enemy fighters to bring harassment on our Sturmpanzers, because of this leadership has released the fighter wing associated with Otto Kittel. I am sure with him in the air we will quickly seize control of the air.
By the 2nd day, 12/03/41, the sun continued to shine which helped us to seize the Rail Depot (15,15) and Southern District (22,24). The Sturmpanzers rolling with the 14th battery have been recognized for their ability to hit units from further away. (+1 Range)
The 3rd day, 12/04/41, found the snow begin to fall on our units and the cold really settle in. This did not prevent our advance as we continued pressing forward seizing the last of the Southern District (18,18) and 1st Central District (18,20) as well as the Rail Depot located at (17,14). This brought out their T-26S’s as they tried to hit the Flamm’s riding with Heinz Rondorf but only managed to damage 1 tank, compared to their 6 damaged. Unfortunately their BT-7’s found our vulnerable +1 Def Fallschimjager fording across the Moskva River still gave as good as we got. -2 each

Day 4 - 6 December 5th-7th/1941
Sun is back which gave me plans to seize all of Southern District not yet secured, along with Zheleznodorozhny and even Eastern District in the South in the next 3 days. North plans are to seize at least Krasnogorsk and hopefully airfield and if we can seize Khimki all the better but there appears to be quite a strong force protecting it.
Started 1st day of this 2nd phase by seizing Krasnogorsk and Rail Depot (21,16), but the enemy counter attack came on stronger as T-60 and T-34 units came and reduced our Flamm’s riding with Heinz Rondorf to about 1/3rd it’s fighting strength, 2 combined T-34/41 Battalions ganged up on our 26th Panzerjaegers leaving them with a little less than half their starting strength, the rest of the attacks, which were numerous were pretty ineffective, thank God.
By the next day we were able to seize enough units to man another battalion of captured T-34/40’s around Krasnogorsk, we called up some replacements to bolster 36th Fallschimjager’s, 15th Sturmpanzers, and even brought Heinz Rondorf back up to fighting Strength. Our forces continued to press forward and even seized South Eatsern District, and are already pressuring Zheleznodorozhny and Eastern District. Unfortunately our Northern Force does not appear to be quite strong enough to scare the enemy as they pressed hard as the 3rd SE Pz4F brought down to an anemic 2 tanks and +3 defensive Panzerjaegers reduced to a single functioning unit. YIKES! :evil: :cry: :oops:
As the sun continues to shine on this sixth day are assault continues to take shape as this allowed us to seize the Eastern District. We finished the day by calling up additional replacements for 26th Panzerjaeger’s and the enemy’s only response was to launch artillery damage on us. :roll:

Day 7-9 December 8th-10th/1941
The plan for these next 3 critical days of battle is to seize Zheleznodorozhny and move all the way up to Balasikha, as well as the neighborhing airfield and Rail Depot. In the North the plan is to recover and seize Khimki and the nearby airfield.
Clouds on this 1st day of the 3rd Phase of combat. We started by seizing the airfield in the Northern sector and calling up replacements for the 3rd SE Pz4F, and finished the day by seizing Zheleznodorozhny. The Counter attack is now coming on our Southern force as a T-34/41 and KV-1B came down and hurt the 2nd SE Pz4F and +2 Att 22nd 3H putting them out of commission in order to recover for a day or 2.
Luckily sun shines on this 8th day of Combat which greatly helped me to bring pain on the counter attack pressuring the Southern Force. We seized the airfield near Balashikha which means we are now pressuring this area as well as nearby Rail Depot, even starting to pressure Khimki. The enemy was only able to have some ineffectual counter attacks.
Clouds come in again on this 9th day which meant we were only able to seize Khimki and called up replacements to strengthen my hurt +2 Att 22nd 3H’s and +1 Def 2nd SE pz4F. We also called up replacements for the 6th SE Gebirsjaeger and +1 Def 36th Fallschimjaeger. The counter found a strong force of KV-1B’s hitting our +1 Def 1st SE Pz3H -3 me -4 them.

Day 10-12 December 11th-13th/1941
Sun Shines again as the plan at this phase of the battle is to continue to press North to seize final Northern airfield then swing around to begin assault on North Eastern District while the rest of my forces seize the Northern District.
Started by seizing Balashikha and the enemy had no response. Clouds come in agin on the 11th day of combat but at least no snow and as we seize the Northern most airfield, and begin to pressure North Eastern District and even destroyed this incredible tank battery fielding the KV-5’s 8) found additional replacements fro my damaged T-34/41’s. Clouds continue to fill the sky on the last day of the 3rd phase and was able to seize the North Eastern District as well as the Northern District. Enough enemy units have been gathered to field another battery of KV-1B’s rolling around the Northern most airfield. All attacks at this point in the battle are met with no enemy response. (They realize they are now surrounded and about to be completely wiped out. :D)

Day 13th-15th December 14th-16th/1941
This 4th phase finds sun continuing to bless us in the skies and only 2 remaining Districts, including Red Square itself left to seize for total victory. The plan is to seize all but the Kremlin until the last day to maximize number of kills, in hopes of additional heroes awarded.
The sun on the first day made it easy to seize the last North Eastern District. Unfortunately their AA guns got extremely lucky as they were able to shoot down 5 planes flying with Helmut Lent and the 31st Bomber Wing. As well as their last KV’s hitting our 2nd SE Pz4F reducing them to only 5 functioning machines left. And there artillery nicked our Sturmpanzers.
On the 14th day of battle we are no pressuring the Kremlin itself as well as the Central District. We also had our men seize the last 2 Rail Depots to eliminate any hope for them to escape or to get reinforcements. The enemy’s counter attack consisted of them switching their 85mm guns to take down our 3rd SE Pz3F’s leaving me with half its original fighting strength.
Snow finally falls on the 15th day of this epic battle. (Too little too late.) 8) Their 85mm AT has reduced our +2 Attack Pz3h by 3 less machines.

Day 16th-19th December 17th-20th/1941
Here is the final days of battle. The plan is to finish this before Christmas so we can spend time with family. Day 16 pressured the North Western District and seized the Central District.
(I could have finished on turn 16 but fought until turn 19 maximizing kills.)

Decisive Victory ending with 38038 in prestige
Disbanded SE Gebirsjaeger and was awarded an SE Pz3H in Demyansk. Yay! Better late than never.
Next will be Demyansk Pocket with 40238 in prestige.

I am rushing through these scenarios eager to start Blind playthrough in the West.

All right men, settle down, settle down, let’s hand out the accolades first and then we will be sending you all home for some much earned rest from this tremendous campaign. Uber Rudel your bombers for their magnificent destruction of the many tanks and units destroyed are being awarded the Iron Cross 1st Class, for all the pressure placed in every sector we placed them the 10th Fallschimjaeger are being awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Cl… Wait?>?>? What!!!???
Ach du lieber. XXXXXXXXXX
The force that is coming outside from the North is 10 times the size we just faced in the city itself. Apparently the entirety of their Siberian forces ready to defend against a possible Japanese invasion has been called up to push us from the capital. Men, I know it is hard to believe but we will need to do a fighting withdrawal as we try and minimize our losses as the enemy is going to push us from our newly gained prizes.
This is devastating news indeed!!! :evil:

goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Demyansk Pocket Guderian 1st Time

Starting prestige 40238 after replacements 39882 and after Overstrengthening and upgrades 37128.

Upgraded Panzerjaeger to a Marder2A; upgraded 3 Pz3H’s to J/1’s

I have 17 Rounds so separating out in 4 Phases 4 days each phase.

Bringing in the air 2 Fallschimjager; 2 Tac Bombers Uber Rudel and +1 Att hero; 5 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, Otto Kittel, +3 Att Fighter, +2 Def; also brought 3 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent, +1 Att and +3 Att.
In the North West: Heinz Rondorf, +1 Def 1st SE Pz3H, and 2nd SE Pz4F, +3 Def Marder2, 10.5cm arty, 2 +1 Att Sturmpanzer’s, 88, +1 Init/+2 Att Gebirsjaeger, +1 Range 17cm arty.
In the South Central Area:
In the South East Area: +4 Att Pioniere; Albert Kirscher; 10.5 cm arty;
In the North East: +1 Att Grenadier, +1 Att Gebirsjaeger, +2 Pz3J/1, and +1 Att Wurfrahmen.
In the South West Area: Helmut Wirnsberger; Oleh Dir; 3rd SE Pz4F.

The plan is to stop the First Wave, push back until 2nd wave, stop that, finally to push back until everything is destroyed everywhere.

Listen up! I realize that we have been pushed into a corner and are surrounded on all sides. I am appalled at the ground we have lost these past few months in this grueling winter where many brothers have fallen in the night simply due to the cold, but now are enemy has backed us into a corner and we have been assured from High Command that Goering’s Luftwaffe will supply us as we survive in this pocket, but I am of the mindset that the enemy has caged a lion and am prepared to push back once we stop their coming advance now get into position as I hear the rumble of their tanks coming, now let’s stop them dead in their tracks.

Battle Report Turns 1-4 February/8-11/1942 (91 Softcap)
The plan men is to stop this attack on our front lines and push back where possible, I am not expecting much of an advance but believe I will be able to stop all first line assaults.

The day starts with large enemy assault as the sun shines on but thankfully our Air Force and AA units were perfectly positioned to hurt them good.
The First day our forces were able to stop all of the assault coming in the South West and most of the North West assault and completely wiped out their Air Force.
The 2nd day comes with clouds and enemy movement but they are unprepared to assault our front lines.
Unexpectedly have been able to seize Simsk and pressure Peno already.
The 3rd Day finally had snow coming down on the battlefield, but the enemy doing nothing in terms of stopping our push back, as we are now pressing up against Valdaj, and brought up some replacements for our Brothers behind the 5cm AT’s.
The 4th Day started with a few attacks but only against our auxiliary units. We finished this first phase by pressuring Ostashkov and Uglovka as well as seizing Staraya Russa and Valdaj.
This First phase of battle was not as bad as I had prepared for and I am already pressing back waiting for that 2nd wave to get activated.

Turns 5-8 /February12th through the 15th/1942 (94)
The plan on this next phase is to survive the 2nd wave of attacks which is sure to be coming and then to keep pressing forward as able. With the main goal to eliminate remaining forces of 1st wave in both North and South.
First day of 2nd phase the enemy destroyed our auxiliary Battalion of Soldiers as they were also able to reseize Simsk. But we countered by seizing Peno and Uglovka.
The next day found enemy attacks coming against our unprotected and foolish Grenadiers lounging out on the lake next to Simsk as well as our Flamms riding with Heinz Rondorf hit hard by T-34/40. :(
We were able to field another T-34/41 Battalion based on all the captured enemy equipment and have them deployed around Uglovka, and we seized another airfield as we landed our first Supply Carrier.
The enemy was able to gang up and wipe out our +1 Init/+2 Att Gebirsjaegerpressuring around Vypolzovo. Called up replacements for the 9th Grenadiers and the 4th Flamm’s as well as the 26th Marder 2’s.
The final day had our Sturmpanzer’s hit by the enemy’s T-34/40’s but thankfully we were guarded by another Sturmpanzer which minimized our losses.
We used the sun of the last day by seizing Ostashkov.

Turn 9-12 February 16th through 19th, 1942 (96)
Our goal by this phase is to press in the North West and finishing the remaining Force there as well as press forward towards Firovo. (This has not been a mission of defense but of well thought out advance. :P)
Enemy used there AA guns finding some of our planes and they destroyed another of our auxiliary forces in the Southwestern part of our map.
With the sun shining we press forward and even landed our 2nd Supply Carrier. Unfortunately our Flamms were brought low because of our brazen attack around the flank of Vypolzovo and only left with 1/3rd their remaining strength.
We used this 2nd day to press forward despite the hiccups. We seized Vypolzovo and the 16th Fallschimjager recognized at being able to move farther than most. (+1 Movement)
The enemy’s counterattack was mostly against auxiliary units but the boys riding with Albert Kerscher but were only able to disable 2 of those machines while I was able to eliminate 9 of theirs.
The 3rd day of combat pressuring Selizharovo and seized another 2 Airfields in the East as well as airfield near Firovo. I also used the final day to bring Heinz Rondorf and his Flamm’s back up to speed.
Last Day of the 3rd phase found the enemy bringing our 31st Gebirsjaeger down to half its strength by the combination of their attacks. I used the clouds of this final day to bring more of my forces back up to speed for this final phase and am fully pressuring Firovo.

Turn 13th-17th February 19th through 23rd, 1942
This last phase of combat is going to be spent destroying everything on the map and landing the last supply carrier.
This first day of this last phase found the enemy bringing down our aggressive 31st Gebirsjaeger to a mere 200 soldiers in their battalion. (Backing them away from combat to lick their wounds)
I used this 1st day to land the 3rd Supply Carrier. Helmut Lent recognized at skilled at Defense +1 :(
The enemy only has last gasps of a desperate army left and we finish the last days eliminating all remaining forces and seizing all objectives and landing last Supply Carrier for Decisive Victory!

No doubt on this one at any moment, no one can stand against my elite army, not going to be the case in the West! :Yikes!

Decisive Victory ending with 39234 in prestige
Next will be finally going West at a Blindthrough the West!!!
Who will I import into that sharp cutoff?

They thought they were going to wipe out Army Group Center trapping us in this pocket, but you have proven them all wrong by securing our survival, now let’s head home for a much needed rest and refit.
Now that we are back home it is time to hand out your medals. Heinrich Bar, Marder 2 anti-tank Battery, and 9th Grenadier are all being awarded with their Iron Cross 1st Class. 4th Pioniere for their amazing destruction of the Soviet Forces assaulting them have been awarded the Knight’s Cross for their contributions to the enemies routing.

goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

How about a little Twist for the process ?

In WW2 there was only 1 Rudel or Lent or whatever Special Hero.

So what if u have to decide (like in reality) if I use Rudel (or any other of These Special Units) in the Eastern Campaign he is Not available in the West or Vice versa.

I know some self inflicted pain that makes the already very hard Difficulties even Harder.

But I'm sure you won't be satisfied winning the war on just either Guderian or Manstein so this is a Challenge for the next Runs :mrgreen:
goose_2

Grand Campaign West 39-41 Blind 42-45 Guderian

Post by goose_2 »

hurly wrote:How about a little Twist for the process ?

In WW2 there was only 1 Rudel or Lent or whatever Special Hero.

So what if u have to decide (like in reality) if I use Rudel (or any other of These Special Units) in the Eastern Campaign he is Not available in the West or Vice versa.

I know some self inflicted pain that makes the already very hard Difficulties even Harder.

But I'm sure you won't be satisfied winning the war on just either Guderian or Manstein so this is a Challenge for the next Runs :mrgreen:
Maybe next time... I always like new challenges

St. Nazaire Guderian Blind
So excited about this!!!

Starting prestige 41434 which is about to go to 2000 and only 9 units including 4 SE Tanks. I ended up choosing my 9 units mostly based on kill count since I want 2nd and 3rd heroes for all of these Super Heroes!
Converted all 4 SE Tanks to SE Pz4F/2’s and Fully Overstrengthed.
I brought Albert Kerscher and Heinz Rondorf and made them both Flamms.
In the air I brought Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Fighter, Helmut Lent, and Uber Rudel, which I converted to a Fighter Bomber.
I also brought Oleh Dir as a converted Grenadier, and the last 2 units were my +3 Att and +1 Range Artillery both converted to Wurfrahmen’s. (These units brought my Soft Cap down to 48 which is awfully restrictive, but I am not going to have that money again, so…)

I like you have enjoyed the respite from the grind that was the Eastern Front and I consider it an honor to have led you on the Battlefield. Unfortunately the time has come once again for redeployment. This means many of you have been selected to rejoin our beleaguered forces fighting in Russia, while I have been given the task to secure Fortress Europe. They have allowed me to hand pick the army I shall lead into battle here in Europe. You all have your assignments and I expect it to be carried out with full vigor. Thanks for your service to the Fatherland…

Later speaking to his men stationed in St. Nazaire:
It is nice to be on the coast here in France, but men we are here to hold secure this port. Unfortunately we have already received word from headquarters that the enemy, Britain has already secured the North Eastern Tip, so we must rush forward and stop them from destroying and Submarine pins!
Go! Go! Go!

I have stepped back into my old style as I want to capture all my moves in this walkthrough now that it is all new for me.

Battle Report: March 28/1942 from 8am-4pm
Turn 1 ai CA:
Enemy is rushing forward seizing 2 parts of St. Nazaire and destroying 2 of our reserve forces.
Turn 1: Sunny (48% )
Destroyed 2 British Infantry Battalions.

Turn 2 ai CA:
Enemy hitting Fort; Vickers hit aux AA, as one more part of St. Nazaire has been captured.
Turn 2: Sunny (48%) Uh-Oh! Looks like soft cap effected the amount of prestige I retained, Only have 964 left in prestige. Yikes! :evil:
Destroyed 2 Whitley’s, 2 British Inf’s, and Vickers.

Turn 3 ai CA:
Only minor attack on aux AA as one more part of St. Nazaire is conquered by the British.
Turn 3: Sunny (48%)
Seized 4 Parts of St Nazaire back for Germany!!!
Destroyed Vickers, HMS Atherstone, and 2 British Inf.

Turn 4 ai CA:
Arty nicked +3 Att Wurfrahmen; Inf hit aux AA -2 each and Vickers took another part of St Nazaire.
Turn 4: Sunny (53%)
Seized another part of St Nazaire back.
Destroyed 2 25 pounders, Vickers, and British Inf.

Turn 5 ai CA:
UH OH!!! :evil: Stuff got messed up around the Docks as sneak attacks with Commandos and Para’s showing up to wreak destruction and seize part of St Nazaire.
Turn 5: Sunny (53%)
Seized part of St Nazaire as well as Main Objective of St. Nazaire as well as the Northern Airfield.
Destroyed 2 pdr, HW Inf, and British Inf.

Turn 6 ai CA:
Raiding Party destroyed and seized part of Normandie Dock.
Turn 6: Sunny (53%)
Destroyed 3 British Inf’s.

Turn 7 ai CA:
Enemy Raiding Party destroying more around the docks and seizing even more. (This is a lot more than I can deal with, but I am doing my best. Trying to do blind is pretty hard and makes this extremely fun as you are caught off guard…so frustrating…so much fun… I must love pain. :D)
Turn 7: Sunny (53%)
Seized St. Naizaire
Destroyed British Inf and 3 Commandos.

Day 8 ai CA:
HOLY COW!!! Even more destruction around the Docks, but they are now sending an unexpected 2nd wave out of the North West! :ouch: :oops:
Day 8: Sunny (53%)
Seized part of the dock.
Destroyed Lt. Colonel Newman, 2 M3 Stuart’s, and British Inf.

Day 9 ai CA:
British Commandos took Main Fort and as such Self Emulated on Heinz Rondorf -1 me; Bomber nicked SE Pz; and Crusader nicked Oleh Dir.
(Received a message that the HMS Campbeltown blew up around the docks.)
Day 9: Cloudy (56)
Seized Main Fort and remaining 2 parts of Normandie Dock.
Destroyed Bishop, Whitley, Crusader, and HW Inf.

Marginal Victory ending with 1480 in prestige :oops:
I have less than if I would have played on Rommel, but I choose to not consider soft cap as an issue.
I was hoping since I controlled all the Main Objectives, but I did not have control of all of the 2ndary Objectives, as did not have time, and also received that message about the HMS Campbeltown. I like the historical info in the final breakdown, it made me look up this raid, and I thought this would make a great movie.

This brazen attack has ended in disaster as we were able to throw off the invaders from our coast, but the destruction that HMS Campbeltown has wrought on the Normandie dock is still burning and something that is going to take many months to repair. This kind of defense of the Fatherland will not do we must do better or they may ship us off to the meat grinder in the East, now let’s assist with putting out the inferno that was known as the HMS Campbeltown.

Next time Bayonne with 1598 4/5/1942

goose_2

goose_2

Re: Grand Campaign West 39-41 Blind 42-45 Guderian

Post by goose_2 »

Bayonne Guderian Blind
So excited about this!!!

Starting prestige 1598 which is the same after replacements as using only regular replacements and bought He-177A and Gebirsjaeger to help round out my Army.
Around Capbreton: +1 Range and +3 Attack Wurfrahmen, Oleh Dir, Green Gebirsjaeger, +1 Def 2nd SE Pz4F/2, and Albert Kerscher.
Around Peyrehorade: 1st, 3rd, 4th SE Pz4F/2’s; Heinz Rondorf.
In the Air I did not write it down but I assume I brought both Fighters, both Fighter Bombers, and Henkel, but not sure. :oops:

Our trains pouring in the needed Spanish ore are being assaulted, we cannot let them get destroyed. Move forward and destroy these impudent invaders. We must show more success than we had in St. Nazaire. Now move out and do not return without the heads of these Commando’s.

Battle Report: 4/5/1942 from 8am-2pm
Turn 1: Sunny (71% )
The enemy is already assaulting the trains and are in position around the Coast, we will need to push forward fast if we want to save these trains.
Destroyed 25pdr, Dingo, and British infantry Battalion.
Turn 1 ai CA:
Whitley hit in a Fighter Trap. 8) Than AA hit Heinrich Bar -2 me. :(
Enemy damaging trains and seizing Osses and Hasparren.

Turn 2: Sunny (41%) Uh-Oh! I was awarded additional units that have crippled my prestige I will be able to earn. :shock: :oops:
Destroyed Whitley, Rolls Royce, Cruiser, 25 pdr, 2 pdr, British Inf, and HW Inf.
Men we are putting our captured equipment as these captured Russian soldiers and T-34/41’s acquired on the Battlefield, will be able to help you achieve your objectives. Use them wisely.
Already able to pressure Hasparren, so advancing fast.
Turn 2 ai CA:
The Brits hit our forward Conscripts for 300 casualties. (I consider each kill 100 for a Battalion.)
More attacks on our pressured trains, one being reduced down to 9 Str.

Turn 3: Sunny (42%)
Advancement continues as our forces were able to seize back Osses, Espelette, and Hasparren.
Destroyed Rolls Royce, HW Inf, and 4 British Inf’s.
Turn 3 ai CA:
Enemy is needing to reload so unable to press their attack.

Turn 4: Sunny (42%)
Seized Ondres.
Destroyed 20MM AA, British Saboteur, Matilda 2, and 2 Para’s.
Turn 4 ai CA:
Just a few more nicks on remaining pressured trains, but freedom coming soon.

Turn 5: Sunny (42%)
Seized Bidart.
Destroyed Valentine 2 and 4 British Saboteurs.
Turn 5 ai CA:
Last remaining Saboteur nicking Train.

Turn 6: Sunny (42%)
All right men, this routing is going well as we have already been able to rescue 2 Trains to safety, seize St. Jean-de-Luz, and all of Bayonne. This raid is all but destroyed well done!
Destroyed 20mm AA, 6 inch arty, 2pdr, 6 pdr, and last British Saboteur.
Turn 6 ai CA:
British took their wrath on our vulnerable auxiliary unit as they wiped them out as well as accosting additional casualties on our Russian soldiers.

Turn 7: Sunny (43%)
Rescued the last train and destroyed all remaining enemy units including the Stirling Mk1, 2 Para’s, and even their Aircraft Carrier off site.

Decisive Victory ending with 1228 in prestige :oops:
This was excessively easy but I like the pressure I felt to get it done quickly. Soft Cap is killing the amount of Prestige I have or am earning and is reminding me very much of Afrika Korps. I am hoping that this will not always be a problem, but it is hard to plan for when I am awarded random units and I am playing this blind. It is making this extremely fun though and I am ok with the pain and frustration, actually I am thriving off this and look forward to increased difficulty.

Now that is how you protect your objectives and stop a raid. Well done men! We can now utilize the assets Spain is transporting without much but a hiccup in our distribution. These Brit’s still think they can win. Now that is truly funny.
Oleh Dir for your brazen and wanton destruction your 2nd Gebirsjaeger are being awarded with the Knight’s Cross. Heinz Rondorf you and your tank forces are being awarded with the Iron Cross 1st Class for tearing through the entraenched Paratrooper’s trying to prevent our rescue of our trains.

Next time saving Boulogne in Hardelot with 1356 4/21/1942

goose_2

NightPhoenix
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Grand Campaign West 39-41 Blind 42-45 Guderian

Post by NightPhoenix »

Really enjoying this as a blind playthrough. I think the campbeltown blowing up has to do with the English taking a for me unknown amount of victory hexes in the South-East (the three hexes next to each other). If they don't take those hexes, it doesn't blow up, and you will be able to get a decisive. Once the game stops awarding you these free units throughout the scenarios you should also be doing better with the soft cap. Although judging by how far you are into the game by now i would think you have experienced this for yourself.

Keep up the good work!

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”