Battlefield: Europe V1.9 - Operation Walhalla

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

oladelmar
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Battlefield: Europe V1.9 - Operation Walhalla

Post by oladelmar »

@Goose_2: Have you tried installing it? I had no trouble with my installation. Give it a go man, I've read some of your AAR entries and I'd love to see how you handle this challenge!

@Werner: this was an epic read. I'm in the middle of a furious battle for Moscow myself("damn that Russian winter! Damn it! I want my Panzers and Grenadiers back!!") and reading about the losses you've absorbed and still managed to pull off a respectable result makes me feel better. But damn, why, why WHY do I still get surprised by the Russians in December!!

@McGuba if you're reading this: few others on this planet have given me more fun for free than you have. Your mod is now masterfully tuned, and creates a in the player a relentless drive for the next objective in an effort to stay ahead of the onrushing avalanche of Allied reinforcements.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

oladelmar wrote:@Goose_2: Have you tried installing it? I had no trouble with my installation. Give it a go man, I've read some of your AAR entries and I'd love to see how you handle this challenge!

@Werner: this was an epic read. I'm in the middle of a furious battle for Moscow myself("damn that Russian winter! Damn it! I want my Panzers and Grenadiers back!!") and reading about the losses you've absorbed and still managed to pull off a respectable result makes me feel better. But damn, why, why WHY do I still get surprised by the Russians in December!!

@McGuba if you're reading this: few others on this planet have given me more fun for free than you have. Your mod is now masterfully tuned, and creates a in the player a relentless drive for the next objective in an effort to stay ahead of the onrushing avalanche of Allied reinforcements.

I am at a point where I would almost pay someone to come to Winterset and show my dumb a** what I am doing wrong when I try to download these mods. I even watched Nico's youtube video trying to illustrate what to do, and it does not matter I am unable to make it work. :(
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

goose_2 wrote:
oladelmar wrote:@Goose_2: Have you tried installing it? I had no trouble with my installation. Give it a go man, I've read some of your AAR entries and I'd love to see how you handle this challenge!

I am at a point where I would almost pay someone to come to Winterset and show my dumb a** what I am doing wrong when I try to download these mods. I even watched Nico's youtube video trying to illustrate what to do, and it does not matter I am unable to make it work. :(

Perhaps it would be a got idea to give your soon to be born Panzer Corps 2 Hero Alter Ego the attributes

Hardware Attack + 6 Installation Iniative +9 Software Movement + 9 :wink: :mrgreen:
JimmyC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by JimmyC »

Best AAR report so far GW and all the rest have also been great. I like that you zoom in and out of the action to important events. Plus all the period photos etc. to give it more flavor. Your strategy in invading Nrth Ireland was also an interesting idea that i'd never even considered previously.

I'm still surprised that your force was overrun during Torch. It really seemed like a strong defence on paper. The American’s have just reached Kasserine Pass in my current playthrough and I have a weaker force than yours, so I am worried…

Anyway, great AAR and congrats on the result, which although a draw was very close to a Minor Victory.
GeneralWerner
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by GeneralWerner »

Indeed it is a dramatic AAR because it was a dramatic game.

Main idea was to make an easy landing in Ireland. Control from there the convoy routes for a long time (gives you prestige like for two oil fields) and weaken the British fleet and air force. And later it is also easy to land in England because it is only two Hex away. To some extend this worked.

I expected to keep the control at Ireland but then the American destroyers appeared in a group of 4 and they attacked a submarine with 4/1 so with the first attack they nearly kill half of the Flottille. This was supported by tactical bombers and good weather. Starting of my round the weather got bad and I could not strike back with my strong bomber and fighter fleet from Belfast. This happened twice. First time I was able to repell the Americans but all my submarines were damaged or nearly out of ammo. With the second attack the Allies overwhelmed my naval forces and blocked the sea between Ireland and England. At that moment I had already half of my invasion force at Glasgow but half of it still was stuck in Belfast.

Biggest surprise was of course that my defense of Tunis (that worked in all games in the past easily) failed. It was like in the east like a steamroller of tanks from west and east where you see that you can't stop it and you have to retreat. But in Tunis there is no place to retreat. Loosing so many troops including Tiger, Panther and a lot of artillery and anti tank was a shock. So for the future I would try to stop the British already at Tobruk.

Also big (positive) surprise for me was that the last winter offensive of the Red Army suddenly was exhausted. My advantage here was of course to avoid D-Day so I could leave all my experienced troops in the east.

So it was really a very exciting play through.

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”