Goose vs the World MP Challenge

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Goose vs the World MP Challenge

Post by hurly » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:29 pm

Commander Goose has challenged anyone and everything who was part of the Multiplayer Tourney to compensate his lust to shock and awe

So here are the first Replays he mailed me

I have not watched any of them and can't say who is the opponent of goose, but well you will find out anyway
(21.10.2017) Bocage Breakout, Turn 17.zip
(60.96 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
(23.10.2017) Summer Offensive, Turn 18.zip
(58.31 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
(27.10.2017) Partisan Uprising, Turn 21.zip
(84.16 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

hurly

Re: Goose vs the World MP Challenge

Post by hurly » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:31 pm

can add only 3 files per post so here is part 2
(27.10.2017) Blood and Sand, Turn 28.zip
(75.07 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
(28.10.2017) Iron Cross, Red Star, Turn 25.zip
(78.98 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
(28.10.2017) Iron Cross, Red Star, Turn 17.zip
(67.51 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

hurly

Post by hurly » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:32 pm

expecting more to come and to keep it on top of the thread

placeholder for Part 3

hurly

Part 4

hurly

Part 5

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks so much for posting these Hurly, you r assistance is always appreciated to us technologically challenged. ;)

Ok small breakdown of the maps.

I highly recommend watching the Summer Offensive and 25 Round Iron Cross Red Star fights. They were both with RAG116 and the Summer Offensive was one that I won against my old time play partner, but when it came down to Iron Cross Red Star, my only hope became a sneaky Pete action that I prepared for well over half the mission. I was pulling it off too until he caught wind of it and turned it all around yet again. Watch for one of the funnest bite your nail battles I have had...

Blood and Sand was a blood bath that I was able to wrangle all areas from my opponent BIGDOGCURT, that was completely one sided, but the Bocage Breakout was a real nail biter that I almost lost. Watch for the fun...

The other Iron Cross Red Star scenario was all mine as I whipped around the map on my worthy opponent Leonidas

Partisan Uprising was my other unfortunate loss against a very worthy competitor paulwalvoord. He schooled me hard on bad tactics on my part in that blood bath of a scenario.
Watch for my shame. :oops:

So I can be beaten. and I will have further comments as I finish my other matches I will post them here and on the Tournament page.

More info coming soon.

Happy Reformation Day...500th Anniversary...Great Day to be a Lutheran :mrgreen:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

goose_2

Post by goose_2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 pm

OK I need to get this out because it is the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation and I have been sitting on my thoughts way too long on this game.

First let me say that I am grateful for the message of salvation found in Scripture Alone, based on Grace alone through Faith alone, in Christ alone, to the Glory of God Alone, that saves me and all in Christ. (That is the most comforting news I can share on this day)

OK now to my thoughts on this great Tournament.

First about the honor of getting a character named David (Goose) Garlich in the game. WOW! Just wow, now the Garlich name will live on in not just my 8 kids but in a game. Truly honored.

Second, things I have learned.
1st: Always used a paired game.
2nd: Lay out parameters around winning the paired game.
3rd: This is the best community on the internet. (but I already knew that one) ;)

Third, I have been asked not to share any specific dates around the next Tournament, but I want to give you a heads up so you can share your thoughts, ideas, and most importantly, begin to prepare...

1) It will be a triple elimination Tournament, meaning you have to lose 3 times before you are eliminated from the Tournament, this will minimize the effect of bad rolls and that darn RNG which can doom us all, plus it gives newbies a longer chance to get their feet wet.

2) I will be playing in this Tournament. (It was very hard to stay out last time, so this time I'm in Baby!) :mrgreen:

3) We will be playing the Vanilla Campaign Historical scenarios, starting in Poland and going through as much of the Campaign before the final 2 face off. Not sure how far that will go as it will depend on the number of players, but you have been warned so prepare now.

4) I can't give out dates yet, but it will not be a super long wait, unlike new screenshots of Panzer Corps 2, :oops: (Did I just type that) :o :P :roll:

It will be another Slitherine sponsored and rewarded Tournament, and with the amount of views this topic is still garnering I am hoping the participation eclipses the last one.
(I am seriously hoping for over 100) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We shall see.

So start preparing and please share your thoughts overall on the Tournament or thoughts on the next one.

Blessings on your Endeavors...and as always...Stay Lutheran My Friends... :mrgreen:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

TSPC37730

Post by TSPC37730 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:09 am

goose_2 wrote:
1) It will be a triple elimination Tournament, meaning you have to lose 3 times before you are eliminated from the Tournament, this will minimize the effect of bad rolls and that darn RNG which can doom us all, plus it gives newbies a longer chance to get their feet wet.

It will be another Slitherine sponsored and rewarded Tournament, and with the amount of views this topic is still garnering I am hoping the participation eclipses the last one.
(I am seriously hoping for over 100)

An impressively ambitious idea - but, with that many entries AND triple elimination, what does the math look like? How long will the tournament take?

I may try to figure out multiplayer & join next time. I'll be cannon fodder & an easy win for someone out there...

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”