How to restore a Norton false positive file from quarantine

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

How to restore a Norton false positive file from quarantine

Post by VPaulus »

Unfortunately Norton is one of the security programs with a longer record of false positives.
We've been receiving reports that Norton is inadvertently moving Panzer Corps GC DLC 42-43 West to its quarantine after the user download it.
Here's the way to restore a false positive from Norton's Quarantine:.

First please update your NIS (Norton Internet Security) or NAV (Norton AntiVirus) to the most recent version.
Then call Norton's main menu and select "Advanced" option.

After having selected "Advanced" please select "Quarantine" in "Computer Protection" section.

A new window will popup. Now press "Options" in the "Recommended Action" section.

Now please select "Restore & exclude this file".

Please press "Yes" in the "Quarantine Restore" window and don't forget to check "Exclude the risk from future scans".

After having successfully restored the file to its original location, you can close now all Norton windows and finally install DLC GC 42-43' West :)

Please note that obviously, not all files that you might found in the quarantine, are false positives. So in doubt, just ask here in the forum, and we will gladly answer you. :)
Zhivago
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: How to restore a Norton false positive file from quarant

Post by Zhivago »

I have Norton 360 antivirus (updated current) I just purchased PZ Corps West 42-43 (box and download), along with Afrika and 44 west. Afrika and 44 West downloaded and installed fine. 42-43 West downloads, but then Norton automatically checks the file for threats, determines it presents a risk, and then removes it (not quarantines) it. I tried re-downloading 42-43 West three times, and all three times the Norton Anti-Virus identified it as a threat and removed it. Any suggestions on how to surpass this, or do I have to just wait for my hard-copy in the mail?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Try to configure Norton 360 in a way that doesn't delete automatically the file and removes instead for quarantine or even better if it could ask you what to do with the file.
Usually all security programs permits that, I don't want to believe that Norton 360 doesn't allow you to configure it that way.
You can also ask Norton to assist you on how to configure it, in case you don't know how to do it.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

I just recently installed Norton 360 on my wife's laptop, so it's a new program to me. I will do some research and see if I can shut down Norton during the download or something. Thanks.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

If you need new download links, just mail your order details (or your mail address with which you've placed you order) to support@slitherine.co.uk and we will provide with new ones.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Panzer Corps GC DLC 42-43 West released quite a while ago. It is amazing that Norton has not updated its database yet. Maybe we should submit a request to clear this file? As I understand, this web page can be used to report false positives:
https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

VPaulus wrote:If you need new download links, just mail your order details (or your mail address with which you've placed you order) to support@slitherine.co.uk and we will provide with new ones.
Thanks, I do have the e-mail I was sent with the existing link that is good for 14 days. If I forward it to the e-mail address you listed, is there a way to get a new link to the 42-43 West download that will not trigger the false positive virus thing?
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Rudankort wrote:Panzer Corps GC DLC 42-43 West released quite a while ago. It is amazing that Norton has not updated its database yet. Maybe we should submit a request to clear this file? As I understand, this web page can be used to report false positives:
https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/
That might be a good idea. I purchased the Norton 360 program in the Summer of 2011, but never installed it because my computer crashed and I was using my wife's laptop that has McAfee. She recently had her computer repaired, and McAfee (which I didn't care for anyway) was wiped out. As such, I found the Norton 360 and loaded and updated it to its most current version. Whatever the reason, I want to get 42-43 West downloaded tonight when I get home from work. I have always bought the CD copies with each PZ game I've purchased (and I own them all now), so if this fails, I'll just wait for the CD-ROM copy to come in the mail. From past experience, they usually are shipped fairly quickly.

I look forward to downloading 45 West in a couple of weeks. What is on tap next after 45 West? I've been out of the loop for a while and am just getting caught up with the latest releases in the game.

Thanks,
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Zhivago wrote:Thanks, I do have the e-mail I was sent with the existing link that is good for 14 days. If I forward it to the e-mail address you listed, is there a way to get a new link to the 42-43 West download that will not trigger the false positive virus thing?
No, I'm afraid that the false positive will always be triggered by Norton no matter what link you received. I could provide you a link from a different server and Norton would mistakenly flag again as a virus.
The only way is to configure Norton or to download with Norton completely disabled.
We're on the process for asking Symantec to add the file to its white-list, but we don't know how long it will take.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

I finally figured it out and successfully downloaded and installed the 42-43 West file. Thanks.
jordonjoy
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by jordonjoy »

If you have any kind of issue related to Norton antivirus and if you unable to restore a Norton false positive file from quora than you can contact Norton antivirus customer support toll-free phone number and get best solution for your issue, once you called technical experts will provide you quick response for your issue.
tilsi

Post by tilsi »

jordonjoy wrote:you can contact Norton antivirus customer support toll-free phone number and get best solution for your issue, once you called technical experts will provide you quick response for your issue.
Ya, I call them twice, They said that the problem lies on my side...
rozliczamfirme.pl/kredyt-leasing_ksiegowa-kalisz - Księgowa Kalisz
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

tilsi wrote:
jordonjoy wrote:you can contact Norton antivirus customer support toll-free phone number and get best solution for your issue, once you called technical experts will provide you quick response for your issue.
Ya, I call them twice, They said that the problem lies on my side...
Sure. :roll:

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”