Can't Access Saved Games after 1.22

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Zleepyhead
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Can't Access Saved Games after 1.22

Post by Zleepyhead »

I have been playing Panzer Corp since Christmas without any problems. I updated to 1.22 and I can't access my old games. When I go to the Main Menu screen and select Load Games, I get an empty list. I can still see all the folders with the games in My Documents so they didn't go missing.

Also, I am playing under Windows 7 Pro and I am not in the Admin account. In 1.21, it started fine. Now, I have to enter the Admin password. I don't want to have to share that for my kid to play. Is there some trick for that? I selected "make available to all users" during upgrade.

All I really wanted to do was get Rudel in Minsk 41. Hope this can be worked out. I went through the support postings and didn't see anything similar.

The Build on the Main Menu screen says 1.22

My log file says 1.21 - maybe because I haven't started anything yet in the new version.

Version 1.21 (Sep 10 2013)
WINDOWS VERSION: 6.1.7601. Platform ID: 2. CSDVersion: Service Pack 1
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Can't Access Saved Games after 1.22

Post by VPaulus »

In terms of saving compatibility there's no difference between 1.22 or 1.21.
Are you playing in the same Windows user account where you have your save games?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

In terms of saving compatibility there's no difference between 1.22 or 1.21.
Are you playing in the same Windows user account where you have your save games?
Zleepyhead

Post by Zleepyhead »

Yes, I am playing in the same account. I have backed up that directory for safety too.

I tried pulling up a "New Game" and playing a little and then saving it. It saved somewhere - but not in the standard My Games\Panzer General\Save directory as previously. I didn't have time to figure out where it was saved. Is that directory configurable somewhere? I was just wondering if I needed to point the directory back to My Games.

Thanks,
Bill
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

No this is not configurable. The issue might be related with administrative rights.
You can always uninstall and reinstall the game and check if it corrects the issue.
Zleepyhead

Post by Zleepyhead »

I figured it might come to that. I have all the keys so that should be doable.

What is the correct sequence of events for that? I am playing the PC Wehrmacht version. Do you think I should go ahead and re-install that first - and then reinstall the DLC? And do I need to install the patch after the DLC?

Thanks - I want to try to just do this once.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

You can do the following sequence:

1. Uninstall the game
2. Check if there are any files left in the folder where the game was previously installed (not the Documents folder)
3. Install Panzer Corps Wehrmacht
4. Install Update 1.22
5. Check if you are able to load and save
6. Install DLC

To uninstall the game and reinstall it, you'll need to install it from a Windows account with administrative privileges.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”