Grandest Campaigner

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Grandest Campaigner

Post by Rork »

One week later after posting on the Steam achievement thread (imho rather dead, to put in a rhyme) and getting zero replies, I decided to open here a new thread.

I recently finished the Grand Campaign on Colonel difficulty, both East and West, only decisive victories, no cheats. After sinking hundreds of hour in it, I didn't get the Grandest Campaigner achievement. I fail to understand why it hasn't unlocked (hidden conditions and, if so, which ones?), so I'd sure like to hear some feedback from tech support, but also perhaps from someone who actually unlocked it. The relevant saves (and more) are available, should anyone need them.

Also this is a tech support problem, as the achievements are introduced in the game by the dev team, not by anyone at Steam. And it's not the only bug present in the achievs at this moment. Those curious enough to find the others can go through the Steam achievements thread elsewhere in the forum.
Last edited by Rork on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Grandest Campaigner

Post by goose_2 »

I would really like to see a response to this seeing as I am trying to work up to this achievement and hope to receive it by the end of this year after I finally finish my Grand Campaign West
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Another week gone by, no reply either from the community or, more important, from tech support. I'm not the only one with this problem, perhaps you should also look at the Steam forums and here as well. I can understand (maybe) not offering solutions or suggestions, but how hard is it for a dev to check what are the exact conditions for unlocking this achiev (conditions which, it must be said, should've been public knowledge, not to mention included in the achiev description, especially if they're not that obvious or logical)?
blocknius
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by blocknius »

Hi Rork. You are right. I've just wrote on the Steam forum. It's very odd that there is no answer from tech support. I would accept even a "sorry it's a bug, there will be no update". Did you write to Slitherine Support?
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Yes, I'll keep bumping this thread with any news.
Fun fact: there are other achievs bugged as well or that include hidden conditions involving guesswork from a player to make them unlock.
I read your Steam message and you should post it here as well, as it's the only one that actually clears a lot of variables in this mess.

Ironic, isn't it, to think that I nominated PC for the Labor of Love Steam Award 2017. Read the award's description and weep... or laugh :evil: .
Last edited by Rork on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Hi Rork. Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately the forums are huge and sometimes some threads could go unnoticed by the staff.

I will forward the query to the developers and let you know.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

It looks like it's a bug and that achievement is currently broken.

We reported the problem to the Devs but we don't know when they will be able to fix it, busy as they are with Panzer Corps 2.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Better late than never and not the answer I was hoping for, but it'll do.
Quick solution: remove said achievement (you've done it for other achievs and it's an easy fix). And any fix - that is, if there'll ever be a proper one - should work for for the last save of a GC, not ask players to go once again through the GC.
In any case, thank you. I will post this in the Steam achievements thread here, as well as on Steam.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Oh, and here's a novel idea: mayhap that for PC2 the devs will steer clear from stupidities such as Steam trading cards and Steam achievements and instead focus on more important things, like, for instance, an actual AI.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”