Italian campaign

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Italian campaign

Post by nikivdd » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Checkout the continuation in the Italian Campaign 2.0 by Uhu and Nikivdd.
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=32748


Italian campaign v0.62 (for Panzer Corps v1.04) (01/11/11) !!!Use GME and load the sound mod for sound, then launch Panzer Corps!!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9l6770

After scene 19, the core should be saved automatically. Ofcourse, this is still all very new to me.

Italian campaign v0.61 (for Panzer Corps v1.01/02) (01/11/11)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eamhcf

Install for v1.04
Unrar this file under your \my games\panzer corps\mods folder (you might need to create the mods folder)
Start the main game as usual, click on new game and then click on the "more campaigns" folder, you should find the campaign there to start.

Install for v1.01/02
Unrar in your mods folder for use with the generic mod enabler (highly recommended).
If not, back-up \data \graphics \UI folders first! before overwriting.
Start the campaign with the italian picture (previous Barbarossa picture)

Changelog (v0.62):
-compatible with Panzer Corps v1.04

Changelog (v0.61):
-decreased number of turns in scenario Middle-East from 40 to 30
-scenario Egypt
-campaign.pzdat correction (forgot to put END after last scenario)

Changelog (v0.6):
-Compatible with the Real Sound Mod of VPaulus, a big thank you!
-Gameplay update! Cherish your units even more since prestige allocation is (much) tighter. Decission what to upgrade next has become more important. To capture a non VH is much more tempting to add points to your prestige.
-Implementing triggers to certain scenario's (zones/time); some unit strength points adjustments (due to latest feedback).
- Captured equipment expansion, equipment file itself remains unaltered (and won't be anymore for this campaign).
- Campaign pzdat file prestige awards altered (not the scenario names) and version update. Strings and Elba briefing version update.
- New game menu screen: Exchanged the Barabarossa (Nach Osten) png's with something more Italian.
Scenario 1 (final): Luftwaffe gift. Starting prestige -400.
Scenario 2 (final): No more shallow sea hexes, changed the road in the deployment area, zone triggers, core changed from 10 to 11. Starting prestige unchanged.
Scenario 3 (final): Minor road changes, added deployment zones in south Albania, zone trigger, core changed from 13 to 14. Starting prestige -700.
Scenario 4 (final): Zone trigger, time trigger, core changed from 15 to 16, deployment area moved to south-west. Scenario re-balance, removed prestige cap.Starting prestige -300.
Scenario 5 (final): Zone triggers. Starting prestige -100.
Scenario 6 (final): Starting prestige -300.
Scenario 7 (final): Time triggers. Starting prestige -900.
Scenario 8 (final): Time triggers, zone triggers, core changed from 21 to 24. Starting prestige -800.
Scenario 9 (final): Starting prestige -600.
Scenario 10 (final): Zone trigger, time triggers. Starting prestige -400.
Scenario 11 (final): Starting prestige +400.
Scenario 12 (final): Core from 22 to 20. Starting prestige -800.
Scenario 13 (final): Minor map change (roads), time trigger. No change in starting prestige.
Scenario 14 (final): Zone triggers, time triggers. Starting prestige -400.
Scenario 15 (Moskow), Scenario 16 (Rostov), Scenario 17 (Middle-East)

Unrar in your mods folder for use with the generic mod enabler (highly recommended).
If not, back-up \data \graphics \UI folders first! before overwriting.
Start the campaign with the italian picture (previous Barbarossa picture)



Suggestions (for scenario's) and feedback (especially prestige allocations) = welcome!
Last edited by nikivdd on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 90 times in total.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator
Posts: 3304
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:49 am
Location: USA

Post by Razz1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:52 am

Your better off increasing the experience of those units rather than changing the equipment file.

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by nikivdd » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:29 am

Razz1 wrote:Your better off increasing the experience of those units rather than changing the equipment file.
True. On request i changed the infantry units only for earlier availability (except for the date parameter, the rest i left unchanged). The best thing is to keep your core intact and only purchase new units when additional slots open up. The elite units i added, have slightly better values as a kind of reward for finishing a scenario with a decisive :).

preadr
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:04 am
Location: Italy

Post by preadr » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 am

as you can see, i'm italian and so i've found great fun playing your campaign....
I repeat my thanks to you for this additional fun :lol:

(you could make the campaign in hard version... and more scenarios... )

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by nikivdd » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:10 am

preadr wrote:as you can see, i'm italian and so i've found great fun playing your campaign....
I repeat my thanks to you for this additional fun :lol:

(you could make the campaign in hard version... and more scenarios... )
I'm working on the next scenario.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 7978
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Post by VPaulus » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:57 am

nikivdd, could you also announce your campaign in the sticky thread for campaigns?
viewtopic.php?t=26902
This way you don't need to be bumping the old thread or creating new threads with the same subject.
Thanks.

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by nikivdd » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:13 pm

update 13/08/11

Fritz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Fritz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:51 am

I played the first scenario Elba and i really like it. Well done! :D

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by nikivdd » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Fritz wrote:I played the first scenario Elba and i really like it. Well done! :D
thanks :)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Fritz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Fritz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:11 pm

I encountered a bug in the Nice scenario. If you buy new units during the game, they are marked as auxilary units. So you cant take them to the next scenario.

Also it seems that you can actually deploy more troops at the beginning as should be allowed. :P

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by nikivdd » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Fritz wrote:I encountered a bug in the Nice scenario. If you buy new units during the game, they are marked as auxilary units. So you cant take them to the next scenario.

Also it seems that you can actually deploy more troops at the beginning as should be allowed. :P
I put enough deployment hexes, incase someone wanted to take a swim ;)
I did not encounter this problem which you mention. The number of core units you can have in this scenario is 16 (elite not counted). Do you have 16 core units?
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Fritz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Fritz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:31 pm

I had 21 units. The 5 plus I bought are marked as auxilary units. Since you start with no auxilary it must be a bug.

One more bug:
I noticed also a spelling error at the Tunesia debriefing. Correct would be: "Your marching orders (not others) should arrive in a few weeks".

Conclusion:
I finished all scenarios decisive on Field Marshal. The difficulty is spot-on.
The maps are well designed and dont look boring.
Also the Italien units fit in good, although the 2 smaller artillery units are complete useless.

Rating: 10 of 10 points.
nikivdd you are a real skilled designer. Actually you could sell this campaign for money. :D

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by nikivdd » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Fritz wrote:I had 21 units. The 5 plus I bought are marked as auxilary units. Since you start with no auxilary it must be a bug.

One more bug:
I noticed also a spelling error at the Tunesia debriefing. Correct would be: "Your marching orders (not others) should arrive in a few weeks".

Conclusion:
I finished all scenarios decisive on Field Marshal. The difficulty is spot-on.
The maps are well designed and dont look boring.
Also the Italien units fit in good, although the 2 smaller artillery units are complete useless.

Rating: 10 of 10 points.
nikivdd you are a real skilled designer. Actually you could sell this campaign for money. :D
Thanks a lot :). It is a big motivation. I put a lot of time and effort in this.

I checked my notes (i'm still a paper and pencil fellow), and appearingly i wrote aux=5 in the scenario design, so it is not really a bug. I can leave it or change it to 0.
I'm surprised there aren't more typo's, since dutch, not english is my spoken/written language.
The campaign is not finished yet, i'm slowly working on the next scenario's. I'm actually testing a defender scenario and that is a pain lol.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by nikivdd » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:24 pm

Updated 20/08
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator
Posts: 1183
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Tarrak » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:19 am

I played the campaign a bit, haven't finished it tho, and i quite like it but i noticed one strange thing: The units seems to be taking a lot more random spiky damage then in the original game. It's quite common to lose huge amounts of strength of your units in one attack. I know the Italian tanks was weak but an enemy infantry killing 7 out of 9 of them in open field seems a bit harsh. Had this happen at least twice to me. Infantry vs infantry fights where one or sometimes even both sides tends to lose 7+ strength happen quite often as well. Is it a bug, side effect of the generally weaker units or is the RNG just going mad on me?

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by nikivdd » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:53 am

Tarrak wrote:I played the campaign a bit, haven't finished it tho, and i quite like it but i noticed one strange thing: The units seems to be taking a lot more random spiky damage then in the original game. It's quite common to lose huge amounts of strength of your units in one attack. I know the Italian tanks was weak but an enemy infantry killing 7 out of 9 of them in open field seems a bit harsh. Had this happen at least twice to me. Infantry vs infantry fights where one or sometimes even both sides tends to lose 7+ strength happen quite often as well. Is it a bug, side effect of the generally weaker units or is the RNG just going mad on me?
The only thing i changed in the equipment file, was adding a few "special units" (the ones you might get for a DV) since there were none for Italy and gave them slightly better attack values.
You can always check combat details. If you plan an attack, use CTRL+click on the target; if you already attacked press L.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Fritz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Fritz » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Congratulations on the new scenario Besserabia!

When I first started it, I wanted to play it offensive and badly lost. I played it on FM as you might know. I thought this time you made a bad scenario, but I was wrong.

On my second play I focused on defense and this time the extra auxilary were worth gold.
I guarded the 4 bridges (east down to the south) and killed every enemy who tried to cross the bridges. Often the AI blocked itself and 10-15 units surrendered.

At the city of Balti I made a big defense line with tanks, infantry and artillery, so only a few enemy could bypass me and the 2-3 who escaped where encountered by a second defense line in the southeast.

After 10 rounds the units at the southernmost bridges had defeated all enemies and I could launch a secret counter offensive and after 19 rounds I captured all win hexes and won decisive.

A hell of a scenario, really clever designed.

10 of 10 points for sure! :D

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by nikivdd » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Fritz wrote:Congratulations on the new scenario Besserabia!

When I first started it, I wanted to play it offensive and badly lost. I played it on FM as you might know. I thought this time you made a bad scenario, but I was wrong.

On my second play I focused on defense and this time the extra auxilary were worth gold.
I guarded the 4 bridges (east down to the south) and killed every enemy who tried to cross the bridges. Often the AI blocked itself and 10-15 units surrendered.

At the city of Balti I made a big defense line with tanks, infantry and artillery, so only a few enemy could bypass me and the 2-3 who escaped where encountered by a second defense line in the southeast.

After 10 rounds the units at the southernmost bridges had defeated all enemies and I could launch a secret counter offensive and after 19 rounds I captured all win hexes and won decisive.

A hell of a scenario, really clever designed.

10 of 10 points for sure! :D
I didn't want to add the scenario to the update i posted on 13/08. So instead of 1, i used 2 weeks of thorough playtesting and trying different tactics. The biggest pain (and still is) is the AI.
Thanks for playtesting and feedback :)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Fritz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Fritz » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:07 am

I tested the Greece 1 scenario. This time I only managed marginal victory since I captured allmost all cities. I found no bug. But I couldn't scroll the map with my mouse in the right direction. I don't know if its only my PC.

The scenario plays fast and smooth. Good work! :)

Greece 2 was also fun to play. Nice design and fast gameplay.
BTW did you copy the defriefing from the original Low Countries campaign?
:roll:

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by nikivdd » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:11 am

Fritz wrote:
BTW did you copy the defriefing from the original Low Countries campaign?
:roll:
Not intentionally. I might have picked up a line or two from PG, which i played countless hours.
It would be easier if i could write the (de-)briefings in Dutch but surely not many people would be able to understand ;)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”