Equipment\FX\Campaign Editor - New version 0.9.0

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

Excellent pickup - thanks for the heads up. I was testing on Colonel but there should always be the possibility to increase or decrease the difficulty level. I'll pick up one of the other slots. Cheers.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

AgentX wrote:
El_Condoro wrote:What I did for my campaign that I'm working on is use the first Tutorial slot and just change all the result fields, prestige and briefings. Leave it as "Tutorial" because, as Ranta points out the name is important. Then use that first entry to point to all the following scenarios that have been added at the end of the list. The interesting thing with using the Tutorial name slot is that it must be hard coded to set the tutorial messages to on because every time I start this campaign they pop up. :)
Another drawback to using the Tutorial slot is that the player can't set the difficulty settings (or any of the other settings: fog of war, weather, supply). A couple of modders were doing that on their modded campaigns and that was the result. If you are releasing your mod, you may want to consider using the normal campaign slot, so we can have control over the settings. Most (really should be everyone) use the Generic Mod Enabler so there's no need to make backup files and the original files stay intact. Just something to think about, El_Condoro. It's nice to be able to set the difficulty level (I always play with the other settings on, but some may want to change those as well).
I’m not sure about that…. Or am I again not reading a post correctly?
:?

I have my campaign in the Tutorial spot and when I run it I can pick all of those options.
AgentX
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by AgentX »

Xerkis wrote:I’m not sure about that…. Or am I again not reading a post correctly?
:?

I have my campaign in the Tutorial spot and when I run it I can pick all of those options.
I guess I'm mistaken. So far, though, on all the modded campaigns I have played that use the tutorial slot, I haven't been able to change the settings. Maybe you have a secret that you can share with them?
Panzer Corps Beta Tester
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

I had checked mine before my reply above and the option for difficulty level was not available.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Obviously I had to go check myself, because I was thinking, “what in the world did I do?”
:lol:

I did add my campaign to the bottom of the list in the campaign file but in gamesetup.htm I did a replace of “StartTutorial” with “MyCampaign”. The end result of that was being able to keep all the regular PzC campaigns – except for the Tutorial. And your campaign is now in the Tutorial slot, but when I run it I have all the options.
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

Yeah, editing gamesetup will fix it but it means another file to make available in the download. No biggie, especially with the mod-swapper app.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

El_Condoro wrote:Yeah, editing gamesetup will fix it but it means another file to make available in the download. No biggie, especially with the mod-swapper app.
gamesetup.hrm is quite a small file, so I don't think it would be an issue.

And you are so right; the mod-swapper app sure is very nice and easy. I can't imagine trying any of this without it.
:D
MG43
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by MG43 »

Hi

I have a question about the Movement parameter. I gave all the bigger AD and Artillery guns a native movement rate of zero instead of one, but when testing, I noticed that sometimes if the enemy unit is compelled to either move or surrender, it will move one hex; how is this possible when the unit is not mounted in transport and has a movement rate of zero? :shock:
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

I haven't tried it but you may need to change the data\movement.pzdat entries for #Towed to something like -200 to prevent it. ATM they are all 1 which I assume allows them to move 1 hex unless there is no hex in which to move. Let us know if it works if you try it.
MG43

Post by MG43 »

El_Condoro wrote:I haven't tried it but you may need to change the data\movement.pzdat entries for #Towed to something like -200 to prevent it. ATM they are all 1 which I assume allows them to move 1 hex unless there is no hex in which to move. Let us know if it works if you try it.
Thanks for the suggestion; I will try it, although it seems strange to me that sometimes a zero movement towed unit will logically surrender, and sometimes it will move 1 hex when it should not be allowed to because of zero native movement being set for the towed AA, AT, or Artillery...:think
zombiehunter1977
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by zombiehunter1977 »

I don't suppose there is any way that you could make the nations list editable on your editor? I mean I suppose both the reminder box next to nation flag box, and the one for the nation search filter. I've added several nations and it doesn't work well with your great editor. Ideas?
mgarnett
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by mgarnett »

Hi Ranta,

Apologies for the late response. I'll look at adding the DIFF/MERGE functionality once I finish the campaign editor, I'll let you know how I go.

Cheers

Mark
Ranta wrote:Hi

Thanks a lot for the effort you put into it, im highly delighted

1. As for adding new nations, why not work with the nations.pzdat, and maybe store it, so one can distinguish between beteen differet ones?
So a warning is thrown when working with different nation files.

2. As mentioned above ( by me), are you planning on a compare or merge concept or function, for different equipment files?

3. The thing with campaigns is, that the beginning scenarios are harcoded (I think in the .htm files). I was not able to start at another sccenario as poland (for the poland campaign). But this could be prevented by renaming my new scenario to "poland" and just loading my custom maps there (as .pzscn file). I realy think this is NOT dependend on the NUMBER of the scenario but on the NAME (though I am not sure).
So a workaround would be some renaming in the first scenario (check my campaign file for details viewtopic.php?t=26817). Essentially, if not dealing with the first scenario, just always add entries at the end of campaigns.pzdat, so that starting numbers are not disturbed (if I was mistaken :) ). Though for a sensible representation in the editor the scenarios might be temporary reordered (for visualisation only).

I think of something like:
- Allways add data/scenarios at the end of the file (standard case)
- For campaign beginning some workaround like shown above is needed (one time), in the campaign.pzdat (special case)
- Presentation in your editor is an ordered list of labes (scenario names), which can be dragged and dropped in the desired order, this is not the same order as in the .pzdat, but induced by the entrie's jumpoints
- labes consists of detail fields, for map names etc (entries in campaigns.pzdat)
- labes can be added (new entry appended at campaigns.pzdat)
If you save (or reorder, add something), the jumppoints in the campaigns.pzdat are modiefied, but the entries itelfe are not moved (maybe except for a new start scenario)

I hope you get my point and it is of any use :)

Best regards

Ranta
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

zombiehunter1977 wrote:I don't suppose there is any way that you could make the nations list editable on your editor? I mean I suppose both the reminder box next to nation flag box, and the one for the nation search filter. I've added several nations and it doesn't work well with your great editor. Ideas?
I'll have a look at that, I don't use the nations file at all (I didn't know it existed until ranta pointed it out to me), so at the moment, only default nations are shown. It shouldn't be too hard to add though, I'll keep ypu posted.

Cheers

Mark
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

mgarnett wrote:
zombiehunter1977 wrote:I don't suppose there is any way that you could make the nations list editable on your editor? I mean I suppose both the reminder box next to nation flag box, and the one for the nation search filter. I've added several nations and it doesn't work well with your great editor. Ideas?
I'll have a look at that, I don't use the nations file at all (I didn't know it existed until ranta pointed it out to me), so at the moment, only default nations are shown. It shouldn't be too hard to add though, I'll keep ypu posted.

Cheers

Mark
......... Other than the hardcoding of nations in the system (scenario editor).
:wink:
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Hi Guys,

I've just uploaded a new version. Apologies for the delay in getting this out, real life intervened for a little while.

Cheers

Mark
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

mgarnett wrote:Hi Guys,

I've just uploaded a new version. Apologies for the delay in getting this out, real life intervened for a little while.

Cheers

Mark
Yeah and now I have real life keeping me from trying this all out right now. what’s up with that?
:lol:

Thanks for the update.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Good job, Mark.
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Hi Guys,

There's a bug in the current version in relation to how it steps through the campaign scenarios looking for the correct path (I made a couple of assumptions which proved incorrect). Anyway, I've fixed the issue and I have a new version ready to go but it's 2 am in the morning here and I'd like to give it another look through when I'm more awake.

Expect a new version tomorrow which correctly steps though a campaign path.

Cheers

Mark
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Hi Guys,

I've uploaded a new version including new scenarior path tracing code which hopefully fixes the display of campaign paths as well as a design change in the way entry points are treated (which I think is much better than the old way).

Cheers and let me know how you go with it.

Mark
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

Hi Mark. The campaign tree displays perfectly. I can see how to add new entries but how do you edit existing campaign scenario details?

[Edit:] Uh-ha - right-click, edit. Would a button be a good idea?

One day - my dream is that a button (the label next to the briefing file name?) will open the briefing file in a text editor of my choice.

Great work, as usual. Cheers.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”