New Scenario Editor Available!

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

HBalck
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Location: Augsburg / Bavaria / Germany...but I am from Eastern Germany !

Post by HBalck »

You can change them. I have done it and Von Paulus has done it.
OK I found them in my old file ! Everything works fine yet !

H.Balck
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

I just tried to download the updated Scenario Editor and I got an error message that says: The file could not be opened because the HTMLayout.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem

What now? I am so mixed up with all of this, an update patch then another then another and now this. I really have no idea what the scenario maps I made were done with, the new one or the 1.03 version and if they are corrupted since I am still working on them.

Anyway to K*I*S*S? (keep it simple for stupid)
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

You have to replace the old scenario editor exe file. It's in the main Panzer Corps folder.
You've to run it from there, not outside. :wink:
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Another question, probably elementary to some, but not me. I have four PzC separate stand along games on one of my computers. One is completely free of mods and changes so it and other files are my "backups". It is installed in My Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps in the Program 86 files of my computer's hard drive.

The other three are the ones I do modifications and edits with experimenting and such. They are installed on the Hard Drive directly and not in the folder of Program 86 files under My Games.

Whenever I initiate a Scenario Editor or Equipment editor, the program will seek out the last place I was visiting in the appropriate file OR I will be able to take the editor to the appropriate map, scenario, units, graphics, etc. Apparently these programs overlap ALL the individual games on my computer apparently and are not independent for each game individually.

When I install updates, patches, etc. on my computer, do the updates, patches, etc. overlap to all individual games installed? The one in My Games/Program 86 and the other three standing alone? How can I detect the patches and updates that are installed on the games to see what version they are running? I ask this because on my second computer I have three individual PzC games installed the same way. There is one that is completely original and the other two are for changes and edits. This computer's games are the final receiving point for changes and edits that pan out and are to be used into the future so I do not mess with them except to play. I cannot remember if I even updated this computer's games from the original installation back in the summer. The only changes I made were the mods I put in the folders. I want to know how to detect which version of the game is on the second computer.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

It just overlaps the one which is where you've "officially" installed your Panzer Corps. Not your backups.

I think that you should use Generic Mod Enabler. I too have different versions of Panzer Corps, but I use Generic Mod Enabler.
It's easier the management with GME.

You can always see the version that you're running, on the Game main menu. Down the screen near the English and the German flags, you'll find there the gmae version which you're running.
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

All versions of PzC on a computer will use the same user data - so your custom mods and saved games, for example, will appear in each version of the game.

The Scenario Editor, on the other hand, uses the settings of the Panzer Corps folder in which it is situated. So an Editor in the PzC install A folder will have the tiles, pzdat files etc of PzC install A. One in another installation folder will have that configuration.

Like VPaulus, I recommend the GME, too. The only time the GME may not be suitable is if you are using different versions of PzC (e.g. 1.02 and 1.04). Myself, I always keep PzC up to the latest version and just use the GME to swap in or out any mods I want to use.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

El_Condoro wrote:The only time the GME may not be suitable is if you are using different versions of PzC (e.g. 1.02 and 1.04).
Actually, I've 1.02 as a mod in Generic Mod Enabler. It works well.
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

Do you have the whole version in the custom folder or just parts of it? I imagine it would take a while to swap in, if it has the whole thing - I know HBalck's Africa Corps mod does. Takes no time at all the swap out, though.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

El_Condoro wrote:Do you have the whole version in the custom folder or just parts of it?
I suppose I could have selected the files, but nah, I just copy the entire folder. It takes 1 minute to swap.
But it might depend in your HD and system speed.

GME works quite well with Panzer Corps.
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

It's an absolute must for modders in PzC! Can you imagine doing it manually? :(
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

El_Condoro wrote:It's an absolute must for modders in PzC! Can you imagine doing it manually? :(
Well, I would have to create some batch files. But this way is so much better.
Once you get used to it, it's a little great tool.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Finally my game has arrived :)

It said v1.03 post-install, then I updated with the patch to 1.04.

Do I still need the editor from the op to be up to date or is this already included in 1.04?
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

I suggest downloading the one from Iain (the OP) - it can't hurt and it's a small download.
ErwinJohannes
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: New Scenario Editor Available!

Post by ErwinJohannes »

iainmcneil wrote:Hi guys,

we've found and fixed the issue with the scenario editor. The issue was a file that did not get checked in properly was not noticed and while the bug was technically fixed, the fix hadn't made it in to the version. Apolgies to everyone for the inconvenience.

You can download the updated scenario editor here:
http://www.slitherine.com/files/panzer_ ... Editor.zip

The bad news is any scenarios that were saved with the bad editor can't be fixed with this new editor - the damage is already done. You need to revert to scenarios that were edited in v1.02. If you do not have backups of your files at v1.02 Alex has offered to help you recover them. Please send these scenarios to info@slitherine.co.uk, with the e-mail title "Pz Corps Scenario Issue" and we'll pass them on to Alex.

Our only excuse is that we are running so fast to keep up with everything that needs to be done that we are occaisonally missing things.

Once again we apologise for the mix up.

Moderators if you can pass this message & new editor on to anyone who was having problems that would be great.

Note - this does not add any additional mod support. That is something we're looking at but is not yet available and we do not have a date for its availability.
This may go without saying but copy the file over the old one in the Panzer Corps folder, took me ten minutes to figure out :( Thought it was a stand alone program that I could run on the desktop...
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

Sometimes things that 'go without saying' really need to be said.
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Problems

Post by Uhu »

Hi guys, please help me with this issue:
I try to edit the italian campaign, therefore I use the new scenario editor. It is suggested to use the italain files with the jsgme - otherways, with the new mod structure, there will be a mess with the files (for example, the scenario editor still want to use the original equipment file, so you have to overwrite it with the italian one...)

So, what's the problem? The problem is, that, after I "installed" the italian campaign files and start the scenario editor - which is this one, at the link!-, there is no SE unit (elite unit) line at the scenario parameter/sides setting. So, I cannot set the max. SE units number, which is important for me. When I deinstall the italian files, than the line is there.

Note1: the scenario editor will not be modified during the jsgme "install".
Note2: nikivdd, creator of the italian campaign has this issue not.

So, please, please help me! :cry:
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

Are you saying you cannot see the elite maximum?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Exactly! Max overstrenght and than comes Sea transport.

El_Condoro wrote:Image

Are you saying you cannot see the elite maximum?
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

I have the Italian Campaign loaded and running and the Scenario Editor shows the elite boxes as above. Can you confirm you have the editor file as 591Kb and dated 8th Nov (might not be the same but the size should be).
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Yes, it is 605184 Bytes big (so 591Kb).
I downloaded it last time yesterday (to try it again).

Did you used the italian campaign files with jsgme? Without that way, so the new mod structure, it is there, still I cannot than work with it (because of the file mess).
El_Condoro wrote:I have the Italian Campaign loaded and running and the Scenario Editor shows the elite boxes as above. Can you confirm you have the editor file as 591Kb and dated 8th Nov (might not be the same but the size should be).

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”