[Axis Campaign] GTPG v1.16 FINAL (26/02/17)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Re: GTPG Campaign (GTPG6 update/SS-GTPG_11-02 available)

Post by nikivdd » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:32 pm

airbornemongo101 wrote:What about Overlord failed,,but the allies continued up the Italian Peninsula and meet the Russians in the Balkans and then they (the Allies/Soviets) continue into Germany proper?

Just an idea,,I know it can be poked full of holes,,it would just be cool to have to fight everbody in the Götterdämmerung....que "Ride of the Valkerie" or some other suitable Wagnerian piece.

Oh,,,that would screw up the whole story/campaign tree so far,,,,oh well :cry: (dejected sigh)
There is no such thing as impossible. I wrote down your idea.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:43 pm

nikivdd wrote:
airbornemongo101 wrote:What about Overlord failed,,but the allies continued up the Italian Peninsula and meet the Russians in the Balkans and then they (the Allies/Soviets) continue into Germany proper?

Just an idea,,I know it can be poked full of holes,,it would just be cool to have to fight everbody in the Götterdämmerung....que "Ride of the Valkerie" or some other suitable Wagnerian piece.

Oh,,,that would screw up the whole story/campaign tree so far,,,,oh well :cry: (dejected sigh)
There is no such thing as impossible. I wrote down your idea.
This is not far from reality and history, Don't forget the Invasion in Southern France, Operation Dragoon. When they reached a point into France, they turned east and north to join and proceed with the Third Army. I believe it was the 7th Army.
But if D Day failed or was repulsed, even a pocket beachead established, then Dragoon based on it's success could turn north and west to relieve the pocket at Normandy OR simultaneously as Dragoon continued to advance into France, another second D Day could happen with the Germans concentrating on Dragoon's advance through Southern and Central France.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

MartyWard
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by MartyWard » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Ok my SE unit did not cost to deploy so that part is good. I'm on the Balkans scenario and have 710 prestige after re-strenghting my units. Here is my core:
Regular units: 1 x Inf, 1 x Gren, 1 x Para, 1 x Jager, 1 x Pioneer, 1 x Bridge Eng, 1 x IIIH, 3 x IVE, 3 x 15 cm art., 2 x 88 flak, 1 x sdkfz 10/4, 1 x sdkfz 7/1
SS units: 1 x Inf, 1 x Gren, 1 x Pioneer, 1 x Cav, 3 x IIIH, 2 x IVE, 1 x sdkfs 222, 1 x 15 cm art, 1 x stug IIIB, 2 x sturmpanzer
SE unit: 1 x 232 8 Rad
Air units: 5 x 109E, 2 x 87B, 1 x 110C, 1 x 88A, 1 x 111H
Slovak units: 2 x Inf
Italin units: 1 x Inf, 1 x Bersig, 1 x Breda
Misc. units: 1 x Char b1, 2 x Matilda, 1 x Panhard

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Awesome data Marty,,thank you very much

How is the prestige?..is ok? or... do you think it should me more? or... less?
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

MartyWard

Post by MartyWard » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 pm

airbornemongo101 wrote:Awesome data Marty,,thank you very much

How is the prestige?..is ok? or... do you think it should me more? or... less?
I think the prestige is good. I'm playing on Colonel level. I have enough to get by but not so much I can get reckless. Plus all those other units are my reserve bank for when the really expensive unit come out. :D

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Thank you very mcuh

Input on SS-GTPG and how the the Elite Units are used in it and how the pretige is affected is invaluable

Thanks again
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

nikivdd

Proposed expansion to the campaign tree

Post by nikivdd » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Although GTPG is not yet finished, Airbornemongo and i had a very constructive tête-a-tête about adding more scenario's and thus more possibilities and variance to the campaign.
I translated his storyline into additional scenario's. Notice that the existing campaign paths have been altered a bit as well to commodate the future scenario's but well within logic (Vulcans!). We'll gonna have a blast with all those different units!

The red boxes would be the new scenario's. Note that the scenario names are not definate and are subject to change.
Major changes: a DV on D-Day will send you to Southern-France immediately (at present it is for getting a DV in cobra) for operation Anvil (or Dragoon). A DV there will bring you to some theoretical scenario's like Po: allies try to ommit the Gothic Line (another Anzio as it were).
A DV there will bring you to Balkans2 where you have to protect your comrads in evacuating Greece and part of Yugoslavia from the allies (landed in Greece as Churchill wanted) and the Russians that will appear as well.
A DV in Balkans2 will bring you to Budapest, linking GTPG6Allies and Russians together.
Breakout to the Netherlands is when you get a MV in Po, you have to retreat throu France chased by allies from the south and by the allies that are about to break out of Normandy.
When you get a DV in Ploesti, you will now go to Balkans2. And if you get a DV in Budapest, you go to Prague for another special operation.
Another major change if you fail to get a DV in Germany's last offensive operations (Budapest or Wacht am Rhein),you'll face the Russians and the Allies together in Berlin...the Götterdämmerung!!! (get your sixpack ready...or make that a twelve pack)

Suggestions, feedback = welcome as usual!!!

produit
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by produit » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:17 pm

I like the idea of having a less linear path for the campaign...
Il looked to the whole tree of the scenarii, and what surprised me was how few influence had missions results and that there was not so many decisions to take.
This more intricated campaign will really be a nice addition.

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:30 pm

produit wrote:I like the idea of having a less linear path for the campaign...
Il looked to the whole tree of the scenarii, and what surprised me was how few influence had missions results and that there was not so many decisions to take.
That's the downside of a dynamic linked campaign...or you must make at least 10 missions in one part to achieve a little maneuverability.

Well, thanks to Airbornemongo's alternative storyline, i put down 5 additional scenario's for the campaign.
I actually started making the map for one, which i'm using in the "guide to make a map" thread.
Bob kicked it off, more people came forward with ideas. I'll have to check what's possible and what's not.
And also Flak offered me an entire map pack to incorporate into GTPG as well. I am really moved! :oops:

Live long and prosper

nikivdd

Looking for playtesters

Post by nikivdd » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:41 pm

Looking for playtesters to test one or more of the following scenario's:
Gothic Line (29/08/44)
Retreat to The Netherlands (09/09/44)
Balkans44 (12/09/44)
Königsberg (03/04/45)

Gothic Line: the allies attempt another landing in Italy, this time north of the Gothic Line.
DV: hold Milan, Verona and Venice + move 12 CORE units to the hexes marked with A
MV: hold Milan, Verona and Venice

Retreat to The Netherlands: the allies are about to breakout of Normandy and your battlegroup is on the retreat chased by vanguard elements of allied forces from Italy and Southern France.
DV: Move 25 CORE groundunits to A
MV: Move no less than 20 CORE groundunits to A

Balkans44: the allies make a landing in Southern-Greece, the Russians and Bulgarians are about to help...and don't forget Tito's partisans.
DV: Move 10 evacuee's to the hexes marked with A
MV: Move at least 8 evacuee's to the hexes marked with A

Königsberg: Königsberg is surrounded by the Russians and they launch their "final" attack...
DV: Move 10 civilian transports to A, move 20 CORE groundunits to B
MV: Move no less than 8 civilian transports to A, move no less than 18 CORE groundunits to B

They are to be tested as standalone scenario's. These proposed scenario's will be incorporated into (SS-)GTPG Grand Campaign 1.0 once properly balanced.
Interested? Send PM. Thank you for your interest.

Gothic Line, Balkans44 and Retreat to The Netherlands are proposed scenario's by Airbornemongo.
Königsberg is a proposed scenario by The_Finger.
Thanks lads for the input!
Last edited by nikivdd on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:20 am

nikivdd wrote:
produit wrote:I like the idea of having a less linear path for the campaign...
That's the downside of a dynamic linked campaign...or you must make at least 10 missions in one part to achieve a little maneuverability.

Well, thanks to Airbornemongo's alternative storyline, i put down 5 additional scenario's for the campaign.
I actually started making the map for one, which i'm using in the "guide to make a map" thread.
Bob kicked it off, more people came forward with ideas. I'll have to check what's possible and what's not.
And also Flak offered me an entire map pack to incorporate into GTPG as well. I am really moved! :oops:

Live long and prosper
As one happy and content cold beer drinking aquaintence of mine said one hot as hell day here in Texas as we sat under a shade tree catching the breeze and building our buzz with ice cold beer from a rock salted ice cooler, "IT'S ALL GOOD". :wink:
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

produit

Re: GTPG Campaign (Looking for playtesters)

Post by produit » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:23 am

I just finished the whole campaign. It was really interesting !! Thank you a lot for the job. These huge battles are really something more than PC DLC.

nikivdd

Re: GTPG Campaign (Looking for playtesters)

Post by nikivdd » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:21 am

produit wrote:I just finished the whole campaign. It was really interesting !! Thank you a lot for the job. These huge battles are really something more than PC DLC.
Thanks a lot :)
I'm working on the (complicated) single campaign tree. Some scenario's in this version went thru a few minor tweaks, incl some foreign core units (which you can keep or sell for prestige). It will also include 5 new scenario's for the period 44-45.
I'm also still busy with the (theoretical) scenario's after may 1945.

nikivdd

GTPG7 scenario list/ Flowchart

Post by nikivdd » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:42 pm

The scenario list for GTPG7

1) The Channel
2) UK45a
3) UK45b
4) USA East (vanilla map)
5) USA Mid (vanilla map)
6) San Francisco
7) North Africa (*)
8 ) Middle East (*)
9) Iran (*)
(*) No desert tiles, so i had to be a little creative...

Flowchart Moscow43 to Iran (most likely the definive version for GTPG Grand Campaign v1.0)

airbornemongo101

Re: GTPG Campaign

Post by airbornemongo101 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Dude....THAT'S AWESOME

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

MartyWard

Post by MartyWard » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:08 pm

What is the most current version of the SS version of this mod?

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:17 pm

MartyWard wrote:What is the most current version of the SS version of this mod?
The current version is the fifth and last beta. All scenario's from GTPG1 till GTPG6Russians and Allies are included in a single campaign tree.
The upcoming SS-GTPG Grand Campaign v1.0 will have all the scenario's from the GTPG packs (1-7) + new scenario's for 1944-45. In total over 50!

I'm busy in overdrive to complete GTPG7 first (for the players with their GTPG6 core), the rest should follow afterwards.

MartyWard

Post by MartyWard » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks.

I hope they are taking care of you . This mod is as good as any add on pack and really adds value to the base PZC game.

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:00 pm

MartyWard wrote:Thanks.

I hope they are taking care of you . This mod is as good as any add on pack and really adds value to the base PZC game.
I'm sure they are keeping an eye on me ;).
I'm not doing it for the fame and glory, i'm just making a free-for-all contribution to the great game Panzer Corps is.

4kEY
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by 4kEY » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:11 pm

The pack I downloaded contains 25 scenarios, Poland to Moscow 43. How do I add the scenarios that come after? It came with the Eqp file with SS units, but I've since been playing the DLC's with a custom Eqp file. Can I use my own? I can't remember if I used the Total Heer SE file or if I copy/pasted into the SS Eqp file. Whatever the case, I've made several modifications to a file containing both SS and SE units.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”