USMC Campaign v0.9, released 25 Mar 2012

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Tarawa

Post by Erik2 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:24 pm

bebro wrote:So it's time to say how this will go on :)

---------
Nov 43 you will get to do the major amphib assault on Tarawa. This one will be "normal" again, so with full core deployment. This will be the main campaign path leading to other major amphib ops in 44 and 45, ending with Iwo Jima and Okinawa.
Hi

I have followed this thread with much interest. Great work!

A few years back I created a detailed Tarawa scenario for TOAW (The Operational Art of War).
After installing your USMC mod I have now started converting the scenario. I will probably be platoon sized units for the Japanese and company units for the Marines.
If you haven't already done your own Tarawa version I could send you mine when the first version is finished.
You can of course do whatever you want with it :)
I have the map ready and have just started adding the Japanese units (if anybody can tell med how to embedd pictures I will add a screenshot too :oops: ).

Regards
Erik

Edit: BTW, this is an interesting link to a Handbook on Japanese Military Forces. http://ibiblio.org/hyperwar/Japan/IJA/H ... html#index

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Erik wrote:(if anybody can tell med how to embedd pictures I will add a screenshot too :oops: ).
You have to host the image in image hosting site.
I use imgur:
http://imgur.com/

Than just copy the link in BBCode to your post, for example like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/xxxx.jpg[/img]

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Erik wrote:
Hi

I have followed this thread with much interest. Great work!
A few years back I created a detailed Tarawa scenario for TOAW (The Operational Art of War).
After installing your USMC mod I have now started converting the scenario. I will probably be platoon sized units for the Japanese and company units for the Marines.
If you haven't already done your own Tarawa version I could send you mine when the first version is finished.
You can of course do whatever you want with it :)
I have the map ready and have just started adding the Japanese units (if anybody can tell med how to embedd pictures I will add a screenshot too :oops: ).

Regards
Erik
I have completed work on mine, just playtested it in recent days, but would be very interested to see yours. I found some things difficult to depict, so it would be nice to see another creator's take on this. I pm you my email ...
Edit: BTW, this is an interesting link to a Handbook on Japanese Military Forces. http://ibiblio.org/hyperwar/Japan/IJA/H ... html#index
[/quote]

Yeah, I know the link, it's very good ;)

Erik2

Post by Erik2 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm

VPaulus wrote:
Erik wrote:(if anybody can tell med how to embedd pictures I will add a screenshot too :oops: ).
You have to host the image in image hosting site.
I use imgur:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=32388&p=303784#p303784

Than just copy the link in BBCode to your post, for example like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/xxxx.jpg[/img]
Thanks
Erik

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: USMC Campaign, Part I released 15 Jan 2012

Post by VPaulus » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Sorry Erik, I've posted a wrong link about imgur site. This is the correct:
http://imgur.com/

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Had a look at Erik's Tarawa scn, it's in another scale than mine, but looking good nonetheless... :)

Meanwhile, I completed testing the 9th scn of mine, started creation of No.10 (Saipan). From the tests I'm overall satisfied, just some problems:

- After scn 7 (Tarawa), bonus units are enabled, but even after gazillion reloads I never got any in the following scns. I'm wondering if those bonus mechanics work for the non-axis side at all (same with medals btw, but they have no impact anyway). Right now I circumvented the prob by placing one bonus unit in scn 8 on the map so the player always gets that (will test the case further of course)...

- Morge, if you read that - I had the "axis surrendered" prob in one case too, but have found the cause (so I hope): it's probably something with the victory conditions. I hope to have it ironed out now...

- A rather funny thing: I had a case where one of the Japanese units set to immobile did still retreat :mrgreen:

Overall nothing in the sense of dramatic errors or bugs, so I hope to get the rest done in a matter of weeks, not months, but I'm not at the point yet to give a real ETA.

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:39 pm

bebro wrote:Had a look at Erik's Tarawa scn, it's in another scale than mine, but looking good nonetheless... :)

Meanwhile, I completed testing the 9th scn of mine, started creation of No.10 (Saipan). From the tests I'm overall satishied, just some problems:

- After scn 7 (Tarawa), bonus units are enabled, but even after gazillion reloads I never got any in the following scns. I'm wondering if those bonus mechanics work for the non-axis side at all (same with medals btw, but they have no impact anyway). Right now I circumvented the prob by placing one bonus unit in scn 8 on the map so the player always gets that (will test the case further of course)...

- Morge, if you read that - I had the "axis surrendered" prob in one case too, but have found the cause (so I hope): it's probably something with the victory conditions. I hope to have it ironed out now...

- A rather funny thing: I had a case where one of the Japanese units set to immobile did still retreat :mrgreen:

Overall nothing in the sense of dramatic errors or bugs, so I hope to get the rest done in a matter of weeks, not months, but I'm not at the point yet to give a real ETA.
Putting an ETA is dangerous, it leads to certain expectations.....
Especially when you are in the playtesting phase and get kicked in the butt by your own creations :lol:

About the bonus units, if bonus = 0 up to scenario 7 and bonus = 1 in scenario 8, my best guess is that you will receive the first one in scenario 9.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Can confirm medals and awards work for Allies. I have done them in Red Dawn and they appear as normal according to the settings in game rules.pzdat.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 am

That's good news :) I just wondered because I had none appearing so far, but maybe they're still coming later.
nikivdd wrote: Especially when you are in the playtesting phase and get kicked in the butt by your own creations :lol: .
That's exactly my experience this week ;)

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:38 pm

I've been somewhat busy otherwise in recent days, but at least I'm done until scn 11 (Guam) now. So now it's only three scns left...

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:26 am

Hey Bebro, If you'll fly the Enola Gay in to Hiroshima, you won't even have to do any more scenarios! LOL
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:38 pm

But where's the fun in that ;)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:43 pm

bebro wrote:But where's the fun in that ;)
Mushrooms, sometimes, can provoke some "fun" effects in your brain. :P :mrgreen:

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:20 pm

VPaulus wrote:
bebro wrote:But where's the fun in that ;)
Mushrooms, sometimes, can provoke some "fun" effects in your brain. :P :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

Meanwhile completed scn 12: Peleliu, only two more to go. I found it a difficult to depict since there was the army taking over in the midst due to stubborn Japanese resistance and heavy combat exhaustion of the Marines. I first thought to give free army units from a certain point, but it didn't work well with the map and the rest of the setup.

So it's limited to the USMC assaulting, and in case you get a minor victory it will be explained in the debriefing that the army is finishing the job from there....

The second prob was the caves: I now have two types of "caved" inf units, one on hills, the other for "real" mountains. The latter is used on Saipan and Guam, the first in Peleliu because it fits better to the hill terrain there. Graphically I like the other more though, but I found it quite difficult to get something useable at all that blends in well with the background...

Here's a little preview:

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Brilliant, bebro. The cave idea is great the and the graphic tile is just awesome.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:10 pm

VPaulus wrote:Brilliant, bebro. The cave idea is great the and the graphic tile is just awesome.

I concur with VPaulus, Bebro. Great job. I was curious to know how you would do this. It turns out great. Maybe you can use these on Okinawa and Iwo Jima...................although I would like see more graphics made since you do such a good job. Whether you know it or not, will admit it or not, you are making a big contribution to Panzer Corps with this campaign. I for one appreciate it very much. :D
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

dan_hnnng
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by dan_hnnng » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Looks really good! Can not wait to play :)

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Thx everyone :)

Now only Okinawa has to be done, then it's polishing and testing everything for release. In the days directly before the release I'll post some longer previews showing a bit of the new content and explain some changes and key concepts since they are now quite some additions and changes compared to the first version :)

macnab
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by macnab » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Many thanks for making this Mod ,it looks great, :D

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks :) I hope it's not too long anymore before the next version arrives.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”