Put your unit requests here please

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by El_Condoro » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:03 pm

You got in first - I was just about to add that fact as an edit. :) You're right - rangers are already in the efile.

CarbonMonoxide
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:04 am

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by CarbonMonoxide » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:31 pm

BloodCat wrote: Never knew that version was called KV-1C.
There were not really any such models as KV-1 /A/B/C and so on. According to these criteria there were dozens of T-34 modifications. But there were none. When classifying all those soviet tanks built at the beginning of the war one should keep in mind that these tanks were put into production in the so called "special period" ("особый период" in Russian). Shortages of materials, workers, instruments and time imposed on the production thus leading to minor and major changes: numerous combinations of screens, guns and turrets. These tanks were all addressed as "KV-1" in Soviet Union. The introduction of KV with additional screens (KV-1E "ekranirovanny" (КВ-1Э)) was a part of pre-war plan but it proved excessive and unnecessary. Instead a KV-1S "speedy" (skorostnoi) was developed - the armor was reduced for better reliability and mobility.
IMHO there should be only 3 KV-1 variations left - KV-1, KV-1E and KV-1S.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1572
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:56 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by flakfernrohr » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:38 am

I've requested it before, but I will request it again. Russian Marines! Russian and German Penal troops, Russian Conscripts, British Ghurkas, British-Indian Troops, French Algerian.
For armor, I request an E25, Tiger III E100, E100 Maus turret (that can be skinned) and an E90 Crocodile (what a tank!) :shock: .
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by fliegenderstaub » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:05 pm

A unit I would like to see is the Henschel HS 123, a german prewar construction, that was used throughout 1944. The HS 123 was a biplane, used as a fighter bomber and a dive bomber. It looks like it was very effective and well-liked by the troops.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henschel_Hs_123
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henschel_Hs_123

Greetings!
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by rezaf » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:30 pm

fliegenderstaub wrote:A unit I would like to see is the Henschel HS 123, a german prewar construction, that was used throughout 1944. The HS 123 was a biplane, used as a fighter bomber and a dive bomber. It looks like it was very effective and well-liked by the troops.
Fliegenderstaub, here's a Hs123 I made a long time ago. Sorry, I didn't make a bigpic back in the day.

Image

Btw., welcome to the forums - you should post some more!
_____
rezaf

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats
Posts: 3315
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by bebro » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Looking pretty cool :thumbsup:

bt2steam
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by bt2steam » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:23 pm

I would like to see a more in-depth series of armored personnel carriers for all sides many different types such as the flammenwerfer,some of wich were coverted to hold 50cm pak guns, mutiple mg34/42 mounted front and rear ,mortars. If anyone remembers the Blitzkrieg game series those modders had a good amount of those incorporated into thier mods the MISSION KURSK add on was a very good example! it would be awsome to have those imagine running through lines with minimal causlties dropp the troops and bushwhack dat azz!! :lol:

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by fliegenderstaub » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:23 am

rezaf wrote:
fliegenderstaub wrote:A unit I would like to see is the Henschel HS 123, a german prewar construction, that was used throughout 1944. The HS 123 was a biplane, used as a fighter bomber and a dive bomber. It looks like it was very effective and well-liked by the troops.
Fliegenderstaub, here's a Hs123 I made a long time ago. Sorry, I didn't make a bigpic back in the day.

Image

Btw., welcome to the forums - you should post some more!
_____
rezaf
Thanks for the welcome and for the beautiful picture of the "Einszweidrei" (onetwothree)! Looks really pretty. Would be great to actually use it in the game. I am not a modder at all, so I will have to wait...

And yes, I intend to post a bit more from time to time. For me as a Panzer General veteran Panzer Corps feels like a oasis in a gaming desert... :wink:
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by El_Condoro » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:50 am

If they have been done by someone already, please LMK: P-39 Airacobra (Allies and/or Russians); Beaufighter; Wellington. Cheers

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8048
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by VPaulus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Bebro has a beautiful P-39.

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:06 am
Location: Spain

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Chris10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Well, here is a little P-39 Aircobra from the lend lease to USSR.
I made this for a very tiny custom scenario. No big unit though,sry.
These have been totally overlooked but the soviet air force used them to great success.
In fact five out of the top ten soviet aces scored the majority of their kills with the P-39.
A total of aprx. 4700 planes were delivered to the USSR between 1941-1944.
Funny things is that the PE-8 Bomber exists as a model in the game when not even a total of 100 have been build.
Feel free to use it.
Image

Still could use a Tupolev Tu-2...an overlooked unit,too....anybody ?

Uhu
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1188
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Uhu » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Nive work, and very interesting information!
Do somebody know, from which time were the P-39's avaible in significant number in the USSR? I didn't find sources.

chris10 wrote:Well, here is a little P-39 Aircobra from the lend lease to USSR.
I made this for a very tiny custom scenario. No big unit though,sry.
These have been totally overlooked but the soviet air force used them to great success.
In fact five out of the top ten soviet aces scored the majority of their kills with the P-39.
A total of aprx. 4700 planes were delivered to the USSR between 1941-1944.
Funny things is that the PE-8 Bomber exists as a model in the game when not even a total of 100 have been build.
Feel free to use it.
Image

Still could use a Tupolev Tu-2...an overlooked unit,too....anybody ?

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:06 am
Location: Spain

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Chris10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Uhu wrote:Nive work, and very interesting information!
Do somebody know, from which time were the P-39's avaible in significant number in the USSR? I didn't find sources.
thx..
They were delivered gradually as soon as the lend-lease started.
From fall 1941- to fall 1944 a total of 4700 as I already said.
Now if you wanna know the exact shipping dates and quantities I would try some officil US sources about lend-lease.
I mean every single item ever delivered has been religiously accounted even though the russians never bothered to pay a penny :D
A fact which still stands in between US and Russian relations

Uhu
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1188
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Uhu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:50 am

Thank you for the information.
chris10 wrote:
Uhu wrote:Nive work, and very interesting information!
Do somebody know, from which time were the P-39's avaible in significant number in the USSR? I didn't find sources.
thx..
They were delivered gradually as soon as the lend-lease started.
From fall 1941- to fall 1944 a total of 4700 as I already said.
Now if you wanna know the exact shipping dates and quantities I would try some officil US sources about lend-lease.
I mean every single item ever delivered has been religiously accounted even though the russians never bothered to pay a penny :D
A fact which still stands in between US and Russian relations

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:06 am
Location: Spain

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Chris10 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:12 am

As I wasnt really satisfied with my first attempt of the russian lend-lease P-39 Aircobra Icon I made a new one which I think is vastly superior.
Free of charge and free to use.
Image

Uhu
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1188
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Uhu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:17 am

I hope, you will not feel yourself violated, but I also made a Soviet P-39 version, from Bebro's USMC campaing modell used. :)

Image

chris10 wrote:As I wasnt really satisfied with my first attempt of the russian lend-lease P-39 Aircobra Icon I made a new one which I think is vastly superior.
Free of charge and free to use.

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:06 am
Location: Spain

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Chris10 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Uhu wrote:I hope, you will not feel yourself violated, but I also made a Soviet P-39 version, from Bebro's USMC campaing modell used. :)
nah...Iam not really into this stuff...Your P-39 looks more like the ingame models,so..well done...but if you wanna make it available to others you should post it as a png and not as a jpeg cause it does not support the transparency layer
I rather could make a 3d model in 3dsmax but its really not worth the time as all the high resolution and detail is lost once units are converted into the tiny png images the game uses.
While I admire peoples patience and dedication (like H.Balck) to make 3d models for the icons I consider this one of the most effective ways of wasting time and energy.
Last edited by Chris10 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uhu
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1188
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Uhu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Honestly, I like more to desing campaigns, as the create icons. :) Because I'm not a graphician and I don't know much about draw softwares. I do only reskinnig from existing icons, made by PC authors, or modders.
...and it takes horrible amount of time! :shock: :)
chris10 wrote:nah...Iam not really into this stuff...I rather could make a 3d model in 3dsmax but its really not worth the time as all the high resolution and detail is lost once units are converted into the tiny png images the game uses.
While I admire peoples patience and dedication (like H.Balck) to make 3d models for the icons I consider this one of the most effective ways of wasting time and energy.

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:06 am
Location: Spain

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Chris10 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Henschel HS-129 B1/B2...anyone ?
Image

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:06 am
Location: Spain

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Chris10 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:28 am

chris10 wrote:Henschel HS-129 B1/B2...anyone ?
nvmd...made a quick one myself...this has to do until somebody makes a proper one..
in case somebody wants it here you go...the plane looks not so bad ingame
Image

Image
Image

Image
the animation png is hardly be seen on the white background but its there

equipment:
Henschel Hs-129 B2 8 375 8 100 14 2 0 3 12 16 -2 8 18 14 0 2 0 HS_129.png 01.05.1943 01.01.1946 5 Henschel Hs-129 B2 Henschel
efx: HS_129.png 0 0 0 HS129 AirCannons1 air1 air2 air3

In order to have working sound make a copy of AirCannons1, rename it HS129 and put it into the attackgfx folder

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”