Historical Flag and Insignia Mod Gold

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Wargamer74
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Historical Flag and Insignia Mod Gold

Post by Wargamer74 »

New Game Screen.jpg
New Game Screen.jpg (228.69 KiB) Viewed 21311 times
Please note: This mod is not intended to condone or endorse Nazism, it's only for historical purposes.

The Historical Flag and Insiginia Mod has been updated for PanzerCorp Gold

After alot of work and thanks to VPaulus's assistance this is a German flag and Insignia Mod that makes the game look more historically accurate.

Full Version Download https://www.mediafire.com/file/tfnxfepn ... d.zip/file

To install the mod you can use the Generic Mod Enabler. Full instructions on how to use GME can be found here viewtopic.php?f=147&t=27158. If you're using GME, extract the zip file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\MODS" or from within GME click on tasks then import mod. I highly recommend using GME since the mod can be easily disabled so if you want to post screenshots of the game on the forum or playing the game in front of someone who might get their panties in a not seeing swastikas,lol, then afterwards you can re-enable the mod.

You can also install the mod manually by copying and pasting the contents of each folder with the same name in your Panzer Corps install folder.

A few notes about the mod:

With PC Gold the mod will switch from the modified logo to the original logo when clicking on the Allied Corps or Soviet icons on the campaign selection screen.

Some will probably notice the eagle faces to the left rather than the right. It's supposed to be a Officer Visor Cap insignia which historically along with Wehrmacht breast eagles always faced left. I thought it was perfect since from a roleplay point of view you're a German Officer or General. For a historical comparison you can look here on the Axis History website http://www.axishistory.com/axis-nations ... ignia-heer

I included a modified version of the panzer_taskwindow_02_03.png that is loosely based on actual WWII German military documents that I figure not everybody will like, if you don't want it make sure to delete the image before installing the mod.

talian and Bulgarian flags also come with the mod

The full version also comes with the library German plane images from the 1.10 patch before the swastika emblems were removed in 1.11.
Last edited by Wargamer74 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:22 am, edited 49 times in total.
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

Afrika Korps Add On
This is a optional add on that can be used with the historical flag and insignia mod when playing the AK expansion. It replaces the eagle in the headbase and purchase screen with a Afrika korps insignia. It also includes a briefing letter with a AK rubber stamp. With the 1.20 patch the add on can be used along with the historical flag and insignia mod, when you click on the ak icon and load up a scenario or campaign it will use the AK headbase.

AK Add On Download Mirror 1 http://www.gamefront.com/files/23556958 ... .20A.zipAK Add On

Download Mirror 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?7xgl6gzm6m22528
Last edited by Wargamer74 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 44 times in total.
kop101
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kop101 »

good job! thank you
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Great job. :D
Maybe you could add an option with the whole package include in one download. I'm sure some people people will want the whole package. :)
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

Great job.
Maybe you could add an option with the whole package include in one download. I'm sure some people people will want the whole package.
Thanks!
The second version is the whole package but with the additional changes. Also the only difference between the two downloads of each package is one includes your flags and the other doesn't.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Ok.
You've retouched the medals, didn't you?
They look much better, now. And the Wehrmacht eagle, after so many indecisions, really end up being the best solution.
Congratulations, it's very good. :D

Please could you also post in the Matrix forums, as well?
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

You've retouched the medals, didn't you?
There all new medals, I found a bitmap image of a Iron Cross on Google images and copied then pasted the whole inner part of the medal into the original. I think it turned out very good. :)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Indeed.
marlon2300
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by marlon2300 »

Very good!

:D
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

The full historical 1.06 mod has been updated with VPaulus's new Slovakian flag.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Great! :)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: New Historical Flag and Insignia Mod

Post by VPaulus »

Scott, we will need your skills for extending your mod to Afrika Korps.
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

I do have something that might work for Afrika Korps but from looking at the screenshots it looks like it still uses the same headbase and flag from the core game. To be honest I haven't been keep up on the details for AK. Do you know how much the new add on will cost for existing PC owners?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Scott900091 wrote:I do have something that might work for Afrika Korps but from looking at the screenshots it looks like it still uses the same headbase and flag from the core game. To be honest I haven't been keep up on the details for AK. Do you know how much the new add on will cost for existing PC owners?
We don't know yet.
I only know for sure what differences we will have in the final version of AK. But besides the maps and the main menu screen, the rest might not need to be changed.
I can do the adaptation myself (with your approval of course), or even given you the screens for you to work, in case you can't buy AK. :)
I could use my mod, but I think your mod is better than mine.
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

While we are here I wanted to ask you if you would mind if I make your mod the default UI setting for Panzercorps East ? :D
I havent ask before because its still far from release but I think its time to get some basic things done before continuing after AK release.. :D
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=33244
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

As long as I get credit for my work anyone can use the mod as they please. :) I didn't upload it just for people to look at. :lol: I've never understood why some people are so stingy with their mods. If people want to use my work, I consider it a compliment.
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

Scott900091 wrote:As long as I get credit for my work ............ :)
the obvious is the obvious :wink:
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Scott900091 wrote: I've never understood why some people are so stingy with their mods.
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

The historical flag and insignia mod has been updated for the 1.10 patch and Afrika Korps.
kop101
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kop101 »

thanks mate! I was looking for this thread immediately after download of Africa Korps.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”