How to edit the air transport unit type?

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Uhu
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

How to edit the air transport unit type?

Post by Uhu » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:24 pm

Can me answer somebody please, how can be changed if I don't want to use the default Ju 52 for air transport?

OK, if i set a unit in the editor as it is already transported by the tranport vehicle that works.
But how can I change if I want to the given air transport unit to be the default transporter (like the Italian SM.82)? In which files which entries has to be changed. I tried it in the editor_unitfilter change the "Ju 52" entry to "SM.82", but nothing happened - the editor still showed only the Ju 52 option.

Thanks!

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Re: How to edit the air transport unit type?

Post by nikivdd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Uhu wrote:Can me answer somebody please, how can be changed if I don't want to use the default Ju 52 for air transport?

OK, if i set a unit in the editor as it is already transported by the tranport vehicle that works.
But how can I change if I want to the given air transport unit to be the default transporter (like the Italian SM.82)? In which files which entries has to be changed. I tried it in the editor_unitfilter change the "Ju 52" entry to "SM.82", but nothing happened - the editor still showed only the Ju 52 option.

Thanks!
Just an idea.
Change the Ju.52 name to SM.82, the Ju52.png to SM.82.png in the equipment file.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: How to edit the air transport unit type?

Post by bebro » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Uhu wrote: But how can I change if I want to the given air transport unit to be the default transporter (like the Italian SM.82)? In which files which entries has to be changed. I tried it in the editor_unitfilter change the "Ju 52" entry to "SM.82", but nothing happened - the editor still showed only the Ju 52 option.
Hm, is the SM.82 correctly set up in the eqp file? I can select in the editor > scenario params > sides between several types (though didn't test so far whether it really has an effect).

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:16 pm

If I understand your question there are two options:

1. Assign the air transport to the infantry unit in the Editor as you do for land transport: place the infantry unit then click the air transport on it.

2. Modify the htm file. This is a better option if you are going to do a lot of assigning transports outside the standard ones. The one I have done does not include the Italian transports but a bit of a search for the unit numbers in the equipment.pzeqp file will allow you to make your own htm file. Make sure you back it up or use it in the GME so it doesn't get overwritten by updates. Link: http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =transport

fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:56 am

Hallo!

I tried to use Air Transports for this issue:
1. Move a unit to a airfield (is a infanterie unit that shows a fighter on the ground)
2. Use air transport (air transport is the same fighter unit, but now on air)

I changed in the UI folder to select the new air transport:
1. editor_unitfilter.htm for ading the new transport unit below the Ju 52 (with the unit-ID of the new air transport unit)
2. editor_scnparams to add the now possible selection for the new air transport unit (also searched the Ju 52 and added after that string the new selection

Uhu

Post by Uhu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks for the many tipps!

nikivdd: I tried that first, it worked, but the unit is still labeled as Ju 52. So, it is not a full problem solving.

bebro: it was not the problem the SM.82 sits good in the equipment file

El Condoro: we are getting closer to my destinaton, but I don't downloaded the file...

...because I don't needed it. :) Instead I edited the "editor_scnparams.htm" file - I added an additonal line for the SM.82 beyond the Ju 52 line, as

fsx suggested.

The editor_unitfilter.htm hadn't to be changed.
Nice work boys, I thank you everybody, it was a great teamwork! 8)

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”