Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.99b on 31st of May, 2023.)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.95 on 6th April 2018)

Post by Teku »

jeffoot77 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:26 pm you have a file with it : "Install and Readme 1.95.txt"
Ive followed it to the letter, and it will not work. The GME it says i have to use crashes every time i try to make a snapshot of my games files or trying to insert the modpack
Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Teku »

oh nvm, the MOD folder it kept making was going in the wrong place :P
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Hello Uhu,
When will you continue your passionate Italian campaign?
Best regards
Yves
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

Hello Yves,

sorry, but I do not plan to continue it.
It would be really nice, if I would finish my Hungarian Zrínyi campaign, but I don't know, if it will happen. There are several maps/battles needed to built and tested, so a lot of work would for that needed.
Honestly, I would make a Battlefield Europe game with the PzC, or OOB engine, but with a much more sophisticated supply system. Problem is, that I'm no programmer...
glaude1955 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:44 am Hello Uhu,
Best regards
Yves
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

I am not sure why, but I can't get this mod or another Volksgrenadier campaign to work for me. Not sure what my problem is, but hoping I can still get mods to work for me
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Hello Goose,
thank you for interesting for this mod! I don't know the cause, I also did not long time played with it. Did you tried also simple to make another copy of the base game and simply copy the mod files on it?
Or could it be, that maybe the mod was with v1.30 and most of us use already 1.31? I try to look for it later on my computer, to see what happens.

goose_2 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:03 pm I am not sure why, but I can't get this mod or another Volksgrenadier campaign to work for me. Not sure what my problem is, but hoping I can still get mods to work for me
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Uhu wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:00 pm Hello Goose,
thank you for interesting for this mod! I don't know the cause, I also did not long time played with it. Did you tried also simple to make another copy of the base game and simply copy the mod files on it?
Or could it be, that maybe the mod was with v1.30 and most of us use already 1.31? I try to look for it later on my computer, to see what happens.

goose_2 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:03 pm I am not sure why, but I can't get this mod or another Volksgrenadier campaign to work for me. Not sure what my problem is, but hoping I can still get mods to work for me
Thanks buddy. I tried doing what I normally did for other mods, but maybe I have lost my touch. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Uhu wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:00 pm Hello Goose,

Hey Buddy....Good News!

I figured out what I was doing wrong and it now works.

So excited
goose_2

Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Thats great! :)
What was the cause, why it not worked?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

It is the strangest thing. If you scroll all items and collectively put them in the folder where you have the mod they apply to the right areas and in the right way. But if you individually apply each folder to the appropriate area such as ui to the ui folder and graphics to the graphics folder then it does not apply correctly.

Isn't that weird.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

So this mods starts in Ethiopia and goes through Italian stuff, but does it have the Italian stuff for the Russian campaign. Does anyone know of a mod that deals with Italian contributions to the Russian campaign?
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

One more thing Uhu...could you create a cool graphic that I could include with my playthrough like Locarnus did?

That was awesome and really helped the interest in it.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Uhu wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:38 pm Thats great! :)
Uhu you magnificent SOB.

You did it. You broke me. Mareth 1940. Broke me. I am going to try it again, but I may have to replay the whole campaign because of how much pain I find myself in and the difficulty of that map. I am not sure.

You have turned me into an obsessed nut ball about your mod. I am loving the set up and execution of each scenario so far. The pressure is on. If I need to start again I still want to try Double Rommel and here is why.

I am loving the feeling of immersion while playing the campaign. I feel like an Italian commander that wants better equipment and units, but am constantly forced to work with green cheap units and to somehow make the most of it. Just terribly difficult. Maybe I should just try regular Rommel, but I found myself finishing Nice last night and could not sleep worth a darn because I was mulling over what I wanted verses what I could afford for Mareth. Then I woke up this morning and tried to execute a plan only to have my A## handed to me on like the 2nd or 3rd turn. I will try a different strategy this time, but again, I may need to start the whole thing over. And the point is I want to. I am being challenged so very much. Maybe I need to just do a Field Marshall playthrough or Rommel Field Marshall together. But I want to do Double Rommel.

You clever dog you. I didn't even know this piece of art was created, so thank you.
goose_2

Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I'm happy you like it! :)

Well, it was optimised for simple Rommel, I really d not know, how it could be succeed on double Rommel (what exactly is that difficulty?). Even for me, for the creator, the normal Rommel difficulty gave enough challenge.

goose_2 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:50 pm
Uhu you magnificent SOB.

You did it. You broke me. Mareth 1940. Broke me. I am going to try it again, but I may have to replay the whole campaign because of how much pain I find myself in and the difficulty of that map. I am not sure.

You have turned me into an obsessed nut ball about your mod. I am loving the set up and execution of each scenario so far. The pressure is on. If I need to start again I still want to try Double Rommel and here is why.

I am loving the feeling of immersion while playing the campaign. I feel like an Italian commander that wants better equipment and units, but am constantly forced to work with green cheap units and to somehow make the most of it. Just terribly difficult. Maybe I should just try regular Rommel, but I found myself finishing Nice last night and could not sleep worth a darn because I was mulling over what I wanted verses what I could afford for Mareth. Then I woke up this morning and tried to execute a plan only to have my A## handed to me on like the 2nd or 3rd turn. I will try a different strategy this time, but again, I may need to start the whole thing over. And the point is I want to. I am being challenged so very much. Maybe I need to just do a Field Marshall playthrough or Rommel Field Marshall together. But I want to do Double Rommel.

You clever dog you. I didn't even know this piece of art was created, so thank you.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Uhu wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:07 pm I'm happy you like it! :)

Well, it was optimised for simple Rommel, I really d not know, how it could be succeed on double Rommel (what exactly is that difficulty?). Even for me, for the creator, the normal Rommel difficulty gave enough challenge.

goose_2 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:50 pm
Uhu you magnificent SOB.

Double Rommel 25% prestige
super tight...maybe too tight for blindthrough
goose_2

Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Hi Glaude,

Good news! Goose_2 made me appetite with the double Rommel difficulty to play the campaign again! And with this, it made me also appetite to make some changes in the mod too. They are mostly cosmetic changes (skins, a little unit editing, rebranding an existing scn - Tug Argan - to a more realistic battle place), but also I did ironing out some significat bugs. :shock:

That means, soon I will bring out v1.99. it is worth to wait for it.
So it is not a brand new campaign, but still there are improvement which can bring the mood to (re)play again. :)

glaude1955 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:44 am Hello Uhu,
Best regards
Yves
glaude1955

Post by glaude1955 »

Very very good news! :D
alex1917
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by alex1917 »

good news) do you plan to add new units?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Not really.
- 65mm montain arty will have a 2 movement instead of 1, but it will be also more expensive therefore.
- Many air units will get tropical skins - ot at least I hope some talented pals from this forum will do it. :) (Already asked for it.)

alex1917 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:44 am good news) do you plan to add new units?
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Uhu:

I am very happy about your decision to further develop your mod... I will tryu to help with the re-skinningh of the Italian aircraft... For starters, I prepared a Ju-87B and R pack, with desert, green and vanilla looking light brown. Go to "my"thread to dowload and see them, if you like...

By the way, I am sure I read the list of aircraft you were needing, but now I cannot find it. Where did you posted it? Or, can you repost that list?

Thanks!!

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”