Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.99b on 31st of May, 2023.)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

GodsHunt3r
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.9 on 30th March 2017)

Post by GodsHunt3r »

Hey Uhu.... I love your scenario/mod with all its aspects and I am looking forward to the other parts. Just wanted to tell you :) GJ
Forza FCH !!!
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

GodsHunt3r wrote:Hey Uhu.... I love your scenario/mod with all its aspects and I am looking forward to the other parts. Just wanted to tell you :) GJ
I got somehow in the last time no notifications about new messages from the forum... :? so I see your kind words just now.
Thank you very much! The "monstrous" BE 1.9 took my time, so I got delayed, but I hope, soon I will go back to the desert to my loved Italian army! 8)
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I know, this is a known bug from the game - with the transport types going crazy in some way -, which I could not (yet?) fixed. Please read the manual about it, how it has to be handled to play the mod realistic and historical accurate.
Andrewnator wrote:When selecting tanks, there is transport

When choosing artillery, repeated horse transport
Carfax

Post by Carfax »

After a long absence, i finallly can continue with my translation. I won´t be as bold as previous an guess a deadline.
Anyway, i started a new campaign recently and i am as far as greece 1 now. Finished it with 4 turns remaining, but only got a MV. Restarted the scenario and did some testing at the end.
DV was granted with 6 turns remaining. Can somebody confirm this? It was a completely clean reinstall of PanzC and the Campaign. Maybe this snuck in when you where updating the scen because of the
light cruiser bug?
Regards Dschar
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

Hello, Uhu

Killer-question about "Odessa" scenario of your mod campaign. From the looks of the map it's Crimea peninsula (land configuration, mountain ridge on the south, etc, etc) with all town names replaced of Odessa region. While Odessa itself located in the mainland even if ashore. So it's either worth renaming scenario (and towns) to Crimea, or rework entire map to make it less like peninsula in question :)

Regards
Esh
Akkula's Modern Conflicts RU localization mod: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=969460#p969460
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Hi Esh,
good observation, original scn was Sevastopol by Nikivdd. But Odessa could be better implemented in the campaign as semi-historical (time and place of the Italian forces). On the other hand, if you compare the googlemaps view with the picture of the map in editor on 25%, you will see the analogical form. Yes, the "neck" is a little tighter, but so much compromise had to be left, as I do not wanted to change the original scn's design.
Estherr wrote:Hello, Uhu

Killer-question about "Odessa" scenario of your mod campaign. From the looks of the map it's Crimea peninsula (land configuration, mountain ridge on the south, etc, etc) with all town names replaced of Odessa region. While Odessa itself located in the mainland even if ashore. So it's either worth renaming scenario (and towns) to Crimea, or rework entire map to make it less like peninsula in question :)

Regards
Esh
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

I see your point... well, tbh, it's mountain ridge that was the trigger for me. Though I must admit, I only spotted it on my second playthrough (ran 1.6 a while ago). Just I spent some time in Odessa and know it's a flatland thru and thru :D But then again, I see your point.

ps: standing-by for later part of the campaign :roll:
Akkula's Modern Conflicts RU localization mod: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=969460#p969460
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Nice! :) With many playtests, more editing could have been made, but my priority was to make an enjoyable + as much as possible historical realistic campaign.
Yes, I feel bad for it, that I promised it on august and still no development... As I will travel to work tomorrow again away from my computer for two months, next realistic date is may. Sorry! :oops:
Estherr wrote:Just I spent some time in Odessa and know it's a flatland thru and thru :D

ps: standing-by for later part of the campaign :roll:
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

And another quick notice: Malta DV debriefing starts with "I'm worthless, Generale!" :D
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Estherr wrote:And another quick notice: Malta DV debriefing starts with "I'm worthless, Generale!" :D
Well, the value of the narrator, or semi-general, or whatever is smaller, than the greatness end smartness and talented, etc. player-generale! ;)
(by the way, thanks for the info)
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

Uhu wrote: Well, the value of the narrator, or semi-general, or whatever is smaller, than the greatness end smartness and talented, etc. player-generale! ;)
"And last but not least, Spaceballs the doll, me" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Generale's,
I'm back in business now! Already captured Alexandria and nothing stands between my troops and the final victory (and to finish making the rest of the campaign ;) )!
Forza Italia! :)

guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Excelente, Generale! Avanti!!! :-)
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

hip-hip, hurray!
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Uhu Hello,

I wish you welcome back.

Regards

Yves
Ingaric
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Ingaric »

Looking forward to the conclusion.

I'm currently holding the bridges at Bessarabia (2nd try, after i nearly won the first when I discovered that all my undeployed reserves were deleted and rather had sold them for prestige).
It's a challenging campaign.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Thanks, I'm happy, you like it! Well, I can imagine, it made you angry to replay it. You shall read the briefings. ;) (There will be another such cause at Unicorne scn, later in the game.) On the other hand, playing 2nd, 3rd time a scenario brings the positive, that you know the situation, the enemy, the events better, so you can win more effectively, taking less casualties, saving/earning more prestige. At least, this is my experience. :)

Ingaric wrote:Looking forward to the conclusion.

I'm currently holding the bridges at Bessarabia (2nd try, after i nearly won the first when I discovered that all my undeployed reserves were deleted and rather had sold them for prestige).
It's a challenging campaign.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Attentione, attentione, my fellow Generale!
Uhu proudly present the new version of the Italian Campaign! The whole campaign is now playable, hopefully all bugs (except the transport bug) were fixed.
I wish you nice playing and than come here and write nice feedbacks! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxke4d2bxkaam ... 5.ZIP?dl=0

v.1.95
- All "winning path" scenarios revisited, playtested. The whole campaign can be played now!
- The "loosing path" scenarios weren't playtested for the new version, but the needed changes were done. They should also work.
- Transport bug still couldn't be fixed, so many units have unallowed tranports available, there is a TRANSPORTS list in the LIBRARY menu of the game. The list shows the allowed transports for every unit. For game balance purposes it is highly advised to use it and purchase tranport for the given unit as given in the list!
Anduril
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.95 on 6th April 2018)

Post by Anduril »

Many thanks, Uhu!
Sorry for my bad scoolenglish
https://www.designmodproject.de/
glaude1955

Re: Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.95 on 6th April 2018)

Post by glaude1955 »

Thank you very much Uhu

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”