Dwight's Camo Sprayshop

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Dwight's Camo Sprayshop

Post by flakfernrohr »

nikivdd: you can skin any icon that has a mask made for it. Some soviet units in the icons that are skinned have German crosses on them. If there is no mask for an icon, you will need to make the mask. Rezaf is working on the tutoral how to do the masking and will be posting it soon.

So, the answer to your question is YES, you can make any icon in the same skin as another as long as there is a mask for it. You can find the masks that are made in the mod in the Masking File. If it's not there, just make one when Rezaf posts the instructions. There are a bunch I want to make masks for myself.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

flakfernrohr wrote:nikivdd: you can skin any icon that has a mask made for it. Some soviet units in the icons that are skinned have German crosses on them. If there is no mask for an icon, you will need to make the mask. Rezaf is working on the tutoral how to do the masking and will be posting it soon.

So, the answer to your question is YES, you can make any icon in the same skin as another as long as there is a mask for it. You can find the masks that are made in the mod in the Masking File. If it's not there, just make one when Rezaf posts the instructions. There are a bunch I want to make masks for myself.
I was actually asking if a modder could use the tool to skin any unit, to become part of the "the axis minor coalition" unitgroup that are having the same skin and then afterwards to stamp them with the same flag.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

As far as I understand your question Nico, the answer is yes.
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

VPaulus wrote:As far as I understand your question Nico, the answer is yes.
Been writing too much german this evening :lol:
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Nico,

If you are asking about National emblems, it still must be done manually unless the icon already has it and you mask it to save it on the icon. If the icon has no National emblem, then it must be applied manually. Rezaf is working on this mod for the skinning machine as well. I expect when he is all done with the whole skinning machine mod most likely it will wash the kitchen dishes after dinner as well so you can get down to playing some PzC.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Vulcan54
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Vulcan54 »

Just downloaded and installed this amazing tool, and began just 'playing about' with it, trying out different schemes on various units. The last time I had this much fun was when PC was first released (I still love the game, btw). Thanks a million, guys! :D
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

flakfernrohr wrote:Nico,

If you are asking about National emblems, it still must be done manually unless the icon already has it and you mask it to save it on the icon. If the icon has no National emblem, then it must be applied manually. Rezaf is working on this mod for the skinning machine as well. I expect when he is all done with the whole skinning machine mod most likely it will wash the kitchen dishes after dinner as well so you can get down to playing some PzC.
Great. Thanks for the head's up :)
churchlakecity
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by churchlakecity »

Churchy like,churchy like.... :D Great Job...
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@rezaf
I saw that you haven't yet, adapted the program for aircraft units.
I suppose you intend to do it..
rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf »

I've updated the second post of this thread with a tutorial on how to make a unit mask.
VPaulus wrote:@rezaf
Maybe, if there's demand for it. Air unit icons have a different size, so I'd need to tweak the app in multiple places.
_____
rezaf
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

:(
rezaf wrote:I've updated the second post of this thread with a tutorial on how to make a unit mask.
VPaulus wrote:@rezaf
Maybe, if there's demand for it. Air unit icons have a different size, so I'd need to tweak the app in multiple places.
That was what I was afraid. :(
Anyway I like to paint them manually. :wink:

I still I was able to test and made a mask of a FW-190. They look Ok.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Thx for the tut about masks, found that is overall easy to do. Some units might require a bit more work than others depending on complexity and detail, but that's no biggie.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Made a couple of skins, and want to ask if anybody wants those. Like others, they look better on some units than on others. But there some different shades available for most (lighter/darker, more yellow/brown or rather greenish).

They're are "inspired" by the swirl and squiggle patterns included which I like most, but these add a bit variation, and look overall more "dirty".

Examples
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Hi Bebro,

I like them. I think the skins are getting better and better and more realistic all the time. I would like to have them to add to my folders. Right now I am doing some skins to make a new skin folder that I will put on mediafire for anyone who wants to download them. I figure when I get about 20 to put in it, I will make it available and I will put these in it credited to you of course.

Flak
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

I uploaded them here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1b86sl4t6uu1pk7

I didn't bother with that ID and group stuff, the zip has just both the skins and their thumbs in own folders...hope it works that way.
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Thanks bebro and Flak

The work is mucho appreciated
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Thank you Bebro. I do like those skins and I will put them in a group of 20 when I get enough made to post on the forum. Quality is always appreciated.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

airbornemongo101 wrote:Thanks bebro and Flak

The work is mucho appreciated
Mongo, your SS and SE mods are just like hand in glove for someone who wants to skin their own armies and put them in the field. Your mod makes this mod go together like peanut butter and jelly.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Many thanks for this amazing tool! It really makes re-skinning very easy!

I think it is good for all types of units in the game. Currently I work on Hungarian equipment, I re-skinned Bebro's 35M Ansaldo, a vanilla PC German Hetzer and a Pak38, and my 14M 10cm Howitzer with the same skin to match Uhu's 40M Nimrod mobile AA and they all seem to go together well.

ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

McGuba: I really like those Hungarian Icons. Will you make them available to the rest of us or maybe even better a "grey" vanilla icon with the Hungarian Cross?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”