About patch v1.10 new features

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.
guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

About patch v1.10 new features

Post by guille1434 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Hello! I would like to know...

Is there any documentation about the use of traits in the equipment file?
I would like to know if there is a list of them (old and new) and which are their effects, what units do they apply to, etc...

I like very much the new "Usable transport" column added to the eqp file!!!

Besides, refering to transport: I see some units are classified in the "Transport Category" as "heavypull"... This corresponds to the "heavypull" usable transport "trait"... This way you can add specific transport units to determined units, giving more variety to the transport units uses (it was not real to use the same transport unit for light an super heavy arty for example).

The question is: Can new types of "Transport Category" and "Usable transport" be added in the equipment file? For example: If I create a new "usable transport" type called "HeavyTransp1" (for example) can it be done that this unit can only be towed/transported by a tranport vehicle with the trait "HeavyTransp1" in the "Transport Category" column?

Can a unit have more than one usable transport? Example: The german 88 mm Gun could have the following traits in Usable transport: heavypull Heavytransp1 sea rail air glider.

I think I can mod the eqp file and to check, but perhaps some of the game designers can give a morer "technical" advice about this question... :-)

With this new feature, I think we shuld be able to model more accurately the special rail transport used by the "Karl Gerat" gun, to improve its "strategic" mobility in a battlefield... Besides, a lot of interesting possibilites arises!!

I think I'm falling in love with this game an how it is improving!!!

Carius
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: About patch v1.10 new features

Post by Carius » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:02 pm

On the "Karl Gerat" and all railroad guns, you can give it a train to pull it in the scenario editor. The draw back is that you have to unload it at town with train stations. I think all railroad guns should come with a train to pull them. I find the ability of the railroad guns to move and fire on the same turn unrealistic since it took time to build emplacement for them to fire 360 degrees.

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Yes, what I thought about the "special" rail transport is that you can deploy the transported unit in any railine hex (not only a city hex with train station), and to have it available for any scenario (including it in the eqp file, avoiding to use the scenario editor to mod a scenario file). And about your accurate comment about the time used to prepare the gun emplacement, may be a trait can be created making the unit that disembarks from its rail transporter not bein able to fire till the next turn. This way we would be able to differentiate armored trains, which can fire-and-move or move-and-fire from heavy railroad guns wich could be modeled to fire one turn after they deply from transport.

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:17 pm

guille1434 wrote:Yes, what I thought about the "special" rail transport is that you can deploy the transported unit in any railine hex (not only a city hex with train station), and to have it available for any scenario (including it in the eqp file, avoiding to use the scenario editor to mod a scenario file). And about your accurate comment about the time used to prepare the gun emplacement, may be a trait can be created making the unit that disembarks from its rail transporter not bein able to fire till the next turn. This way we would be able to differentiate armored trains, which can fire-and-move or move-and-fire from heavy railroad guns wich could be modeled to fire one turn after they deply from transport.
Since patch 1.10 has just been released and AK follows on Tuesday its a bit of a moot point to discuss adding things and mechanics to the engine cause neither of the two things are possible without coding it into the exe...just sayin :)

Carius
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Carius » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:21 pm

I thought about bring this up during beta as something to look into when they do an Allied addition.

Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:11 pm

I think you can make railguns "multipurpose" and it selfs with moverange 0, for move must switch in a new "transport train". Then can only fire or move in a turn.

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Very good idea Jelinobas!
The unit wich is able to fire would have 0 movement, so you can fire in this turn, but not move. If you decide to switch, this unit becames one that can move, but not fire... In this case you can move it... But you will fire on next turn, not the present! Very well thought!

I love this multipuporse thing and the possibilities it gives to mod the game. I think this is one of the most important improvements to the game, since the old PG times!

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”