Royal Hungarian Army - Turan Campaign v1.2 (Mar 23, 2016)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Ason
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Royal Hungarian Army - Turan Campaign v1.1

Post by Ason »

Hey, I'm having some problem running this mod..

I installed with JSGME, everything works fine in the menu I can select the campaigns etc but when I start the campaign and after the briefing the sound start to "crackle"/make weird noises and then the game crashes :/

I also don't see the expansion MDM in JSGME..

I don't understand what this means:
to install this MOD copy the files in the folder:
\ Panzer Corps \ Graphics \ Tiles
So I should just copy them? not paste them anywhere?
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Hi,

I guess you are using the steam version of Panzer Corps. Quote from earlier:
Hi,

It is indeed a sound related problem. :( Interestingly enough, while the earlier versions of PzC could handle mp3 files encoded with many codecs, the latest Steam version only seems to support certain codecs and if the game music is not encoded with these the game crashes.

So what you have to do is to overwrite the "battlefield.mp3" file in your "...\Panzer Corps\MODS\Hungarian Mod v1.1\Audio\Music\" folder with this corrected "battlefield.mp3" file, which is encoded with the right codec:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qqoqc ... efield.mp3

And then you have to disable and reinstall the mod with the GME.

This should make the game run on the Steam version.

P.S.
I do plan to release an update to this mod as well, which, among other changes, would fix this known problem as well, but I still work on the next update for the Battlefield: Europe mod and I would release that one first. One at a time...
The MDM expansion is included in the mod, so you do not need to install it seperately. Sorry for not being clear with the installing instructions. Now I really do plan to release a fixed version of this mod as several people had problems installing it with the steam verison of PzC.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
MarechalJoffre
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MarechalJoffre »

Sound fix didn't work for me... I find this one really decent mod. Is there anything I can do in order to make it work?
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

Hello McGuba,

after a long time of retirement a played your great Turan mod to the end of heavy fighting around Budapest. What a great feeling with beautiful maps and dramatic assault moves from the other side of the trench line. The last battles in Transsylvanian, Torda (cool split decision to fight with Axis/Allies), Budapest and finally Spring Awakening makes the night gaming very short and intensive. Also nice to see the fighting material altering besides the battles: Hetzers and the Tas comes around to help against the russian troops. Sometimes it was very hard to manage all of the storming troops to hold at the defence points, but here you could imagine, what a hell of fight it was!

Thank you very much for these nice storys with the Hungarian troops! Love it...!!! :D

...and now I would like to go to the bigger one ... Battlefield Europe!
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Thanks, and good luck with Battlefield. You will need it! :D

Now I am planning to update this earlier Hungarian campaign as it is quite old now...
ImageImage
ppanzer
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by ppanzer »

Hello McGuba,i downloaded this mod and ran into the same problem (audio),could you please upload the mp3 version of this mod's audio files too ?
godspeed
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

If you are running the Steam version of Panzer Corps you have to overwrite the "battlefield.mp3" file in your "...\Panzer Corps\MODS\Hungarian Mod v1.1\Audio\Music\" folder with this corrected "battlefield.mp3" file, which is encoded with the right codec:

and then reinstall the mod.

Other than that there should be no problem using this mod if you are using Panzer Corps v1.20-v1.22.
ImageImage
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

When are you intending to release a new version for this mod? Any ETA as yet?
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Hopefully by the end of January. I do not have much time for PzC these days. :(
ImageImage
ppanzer

Post by ppanzer »

Hi Mcguba,will we see the new version soon ? Or is it delayed ? Thanks for all your hard work and mods
Godspeed
Kalasz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Kalasz »

Hi, i just recently played Panzer Corps by downloading it from Steam, however as soon as i found out about the Turan campaign, i was very excited to play it. I downloaded the Turan campaign mod, althought my knowledge to mod Panzer corps is very newbie. When i play the Turan campaign, the main menu, library, music is working, but when i start playing campaign or scenario, for couple of minutes or after the first Axis turn, the icon comes up saying, "the program needs to close", the game crashed after.
Could you please help me how to fix this?
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Kalasz wrote:Hi, i just recently played Panzer Corps by downloading it from Steam, however as soon as i found out about the Turan campaign, i was very excited to play it. I downloaded the Turan campaign mod, althought my knowledge to mod Panzer corps is very newbie. When i play the Turan campaign, the main menu, library, music is working, but when i start playing campaign or scenario, for couple of minutes or after the first Axis turn, the icon comes up saying, "the program needs to close", the game crashed after.
Could you please help me how to fix this?
Hi,

I think it should be a sound problem. As far as I know the steam version of PzC is currently not compatible with this mod. But you should be able to fix it if you download and replace a sound file:

(quote from two pages earlier)
"Interestingly enough, while the earlier versions of PzC could handle mp3 files encoded with many codecs, the latest Steam version only seems to support certain codecs and if the game music is not encoded with these the game crashes.

So what you have to do is to overwrite the "battlefield.mp3" file in your "...\Panzer Corps\MODS\Hungarian Mod v1.1\Audio\Music\" folder with this corrected "battlefield.mp3" file, which is encoded with the right codec:

And then you have to disable and reinstall the mod with the GME.

This should make the game run on the Steam version."

ppanzer wrote:Hi Mcguba,will we see the new version soon ? Or is it delayed ? Thanks for all your hard work and mods
Godspeed
Now I am waiting for the release of Soviet Corps as I plan to add a few of the new units which will hopefully come with the new patch. It is announced for 18th Febr so hopefully some time after.
ImageImage
Kalasz

Post by Kalasz »

Thanks alot McGuba, indeed it was the sound problem, the game is perfectly working now. This is the best game i've ever played, since of course im Hungarian myself. :-D
I played the fortress Budapest scenario, i successfully smashed all the Romanian and Soviet corps hardly using the German auxillary corps, using the Hungarian corps the most. Big Soviet army failed to defeat little Hungarian army over Budapest. lol :-D
Down with Trianon, everything back.
TangSooDo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TangSooDo »

Just for the record, my copy of Panzer Corps is not the Steam version, and I had exactly the same problem.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Kalasz wrote:Thanks alot McGuba, indeed it was the sound problem, the game is perfectly working now. This is the best game i've ever played, since of course im Hungarian myself.
You are welcome! :wink:
Chodan wrote:Just for the record, my copy of Panzer Corps is not the Steam version, and I had exactly the same problem.
Ah, yes, I think in the latest versions even the non-steam version uses the same limited sound codecs making this mod incompatible. :( That's why I have to release a new version soon.
ImageImage
Rockety
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Rockety »

Best mod, played it through like 6 times :)) nice that our nations war participation for panzer corps got into good hands :)
BR4ZIL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BR4ZIL »

Hey McGuba!

Just wanted to say that the link to the file is broken, so i cant download your mod.

Also the link to the fixed soundfile, essential to get the mod working is also broken =(
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Looks like mediafire was down yesterday. Should be back today.
ImageImage
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Royal Hungarian Army - Turan Campaign v1.2

Post by McGuba »

v1.2 is out. Download and more info is on the first page of this topic.

- Unit roster is updated to Battlefield: Europe v1.7 standard (unit stats, graphics, animations, etc.)
- Several scenarios are rebalanced, some new units (both official and unofficial) added
- Many light AA guns are made multipurpose with secondary AT role, complete with new/modified graphics and animations
- Transylvania 1940 scenario added
- More in-game message boxes added, complete with colour pictures
- Localization incompatibility fixed (however, only playable in English)
- Previous incompatibility with the Steam verison of PzC is fixed
ImageImage
Oxybeles
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Royal Hungarian Army - Turan Campaign v1.2 (Mar 23, 2016

Post by Oxybeles »

Thank you so much.
Appreciate the update!
A very unique mod.