Annoying issue with unit upgrade image

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Annoying issue with unit upgrade image

Post by Chris10 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:31 pm

While rebuilding the efx file I run tests if animations, sounds and upgrades are working I ran into this issue..
Pic 1: Clicking on 9SS Wespe to upgrade...look for 9SS Hummel and when hoover with mouse over it another image pops up
with a beige background. Did anybody ever came across such issue ?...Its nothing gamebreaking but a disturbing inconsitency :roll:
Thing is not all units suffer from this...most images display just fine when hoovering over them

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: Annoying issue with unit upgrade image

Post by bebro » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Judging from the look on the pic - could this be related to overlong unit names?

Because they sometimes go over the "rectangle" in the back from the UI, maybe the software tries to display the complete name on mouseover?

Just a guess, but could be worth trying if the same happens with a short name (if possible).

Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Wenn der Name der Einheit zulange ist, denn kommt es zu diesem Anzeige Bug. Kürze den Namen in "Shortname" dann klappts wieder. In der Spalte "Longname" kannste ja den vollen Namen eingeben. :wink:

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:46 pm

bebro wrote:Judging from the look on the pic - could this be related to overlong unit names?
Because they sometimes go over the "rectangle" in the back from the UI, maybe the software tries to display the complete name on mouseover?
Just a guess, but could be worth trying if the same happens with a short name (if possible).
Jelinobas wrote:Wenn der Name der Einheit zulange ist, denn kommt es zu diesem Anzeige Bug. Kürze den Namen in "Shortname" dann klappts wieder. In der Spalte "Longname" kannste ja den vollen Namen eingeben. :wink:
yeah...I was thinking just the same while staring at it :D and made a quick test and its indeed due to the name which doesnt fit into the image...
I think I have to rework some of the naming schemes and look for plausible abbreviations since I really dont wanna see this ugly pop up...if at least it would use a vanilla unit frame with vanilla background :(
Man findet halt immer was neues mit der Zeit...meistens jedoch engine limitations :)

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”