How do I make a unit appear in a scenario?

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

How do I make a unit appear in a scenario?

Post by pcpilot »

Say turn 5 a tiger enters on a specific hex or range of hexes. Thanks for the help.
pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: How do I make a unit appear in a scenario?

Post by pcpilot »

Still no luck making this happen. I am using scripts and setting a trigger where a zone is occupied and it is set to run instantly with a run count of 1. I then add unit action for the side who captured the zone. The "update units" part I name the unit as it is named in the units list in the editor, flag is same as the capturing country, class is the class of unit I want placed. "Where" I specify the hex and radius I want it placed. The "change" part I set the parameter part to type, action I have tried both set and add, and value set to 1. And nothing. \
Sorry if this is explained elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it. Thank you for your time.
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

racketyjack, I'm not sure what steps you tried, so I'll have to guess a little bit... Did you place the unit you wanted to appear on the map, and then started to edit the trigger for it? Because that is how it should work.

A quick explanation on the simplest method: You open the scenario in the editor, pull down the menu to place units on the map (Edit - Units) , and select the unit you want to spawn from the list. Place it on the map where you want it to appear in the game. Then you Shift + left mouse click on the placed unit, to open a menu 'Unit Params'. Here you can change the name, heroes, etc.

At the bottom of this menu is a button 'Edit Trigger', this is where you can set the conditions that will cause it to spawn. I assume you got to this point but can't get it to work? The 'Edit Trigger' menu lets you choose under which circumstances the unit appears on the map (but it can only spawn if the hex is unoccupied). For your example, you could use 'Add time condition' and then select the (range of) turns you want it to appear on.

I'm not sure what steps you tried, are you perhaps trying to get it to appear through the 'Scenario Params' menu? Because there you can only set 'tags' etc. that you can use to help script the triggers in the 'Unit Params' menu.

If this doesn't help, let me know. I can try to post a step-by-step guide with some screenshots, but I'm a bit busy, so this will take time.
pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pcpilot »

Thank you THvN, that worked. I was not placing a unit first. I was trying to get a unit to appear using just triggers...it didn't work. Is there a guide somewhere that explains things like this?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”