Is there a tutorial on making campaigns?

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Is there a tutorial on making campaigns?

Post by pcpilot »

I would love to make a small campaign but haven't an idea of where to start. Thanks.
oasis22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Is there a tutorial on making campaigns?

Post by oasis22 »

hi,
in the scenario design page, go to the stickies title (tools and guides for modding) best place to start...
pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pcpilot »

I did. I didn't see anything specifically for making my own campaigns. Did several searches too.
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

racketyjack, oasis22 is right, there is actually a section in the stickies, I'll give a direct link. Below this linked post are some basic guides, maybe you will find something you need in there: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=39053#p365352

There is no step-by-step tutorial, but there are a lot of friendly modders who might be able to help out with specific questions. For making a campaign you will need some scenarios first, actually linking them is not very hard, but creating nice scenarios is.
pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pcpilot »

Yes, I looked thru there and didn't find anything on linking scenarios. That was my big question; how do I do that?
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Sorry for the delay, I've been very busy lately; I read through the guides, and you are right, the information you asked for is not listed, sorry about that. I'm not a scenario/campaign modder, but I do know some of the basics:

The main campaigns are controlled by a file in the 'Panzer Corps\Data' folder, called 'campaign.pzdat'. You can open it with Excel or even Notepad, but using the last might be harder to read as the data is in columns. The GC (DLC) campaign have their own (similar) file in their folder structure.

This file lists what happens during a campaign. It has a very simple layout, just read it from left to right, the data is linked in rows, not columns. From the starting scenario, you can designate follow-up scenarios for each the different outcomes (DV, MV or Loss), and how many prestige is earned with each type of victory. It lists which briefings (.pzbrf) to show to the player in case of a certain outcome. It is also possible to make a path so that it will present the player with a choice of two scenarios, I'm not 100% sure how that works, but studying the campaign structure and examining the campaign file will help here.

I hope this helps.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”