Streitmacht.com registration- and other problems

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Hanny
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Streitmacht.com registration- and other problems

Post by Hanny » Wed May 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Given up attempting to register, endless failures at different parts of registration.

TangSooDo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TangSooDo » Wed May 13, 2015 2:18 pm

I have managed to get registered and have a workable user name and password, but it wasn't easy. The most difficult part seems to be getting translations to English, which if memory serves, is a sometimes thing on this site. Most recently I was able to download a Panzer Corps mod, but in previous attempts my high school German plus trial and error were required.

hugh2711
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by hugh2711 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Over the YEARS i have tried to download thier mods and 9 times out of 10 it wont let me register even though in theory i have been registered for years and have been through the relevant processes many times. Havent managed to get through for a couple of YEARS of trying now. I remember the odd time i have managed to get through and the download gets interrupted it wont let you get through a second time and even if you go through the registration process again it still wont work and eventually blocks your email address
It is a shame they restrict thier work against english speakers as there is some REALLY good stuff on there.
I presume if someone hosted thier files so everyone could get at them it would break copyright laws or something?

floplop
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by floplop » Thu May 14, 2015 3:48 pm

The website is a cluster 'F' always was. It should be in English and working correctly so everyone can enjoy it.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Thu May 14, 2015 5:37 pm

I got registered after several attempts. But it is a difficult website to navigate if you do not know German. The DMP website was much easier for me to use several years ago. I really try to understand and communicate as best I can with the German websites, but Streitmacht is difficult for me. Lots of good stuff and information, just cannot always obtain or access it. :cry:
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd » Thu May 14, 2015 8:11 pm

Streitmacht and Designmodproject are German websites mainly for the German speaking community. They have a lot of topics that are also discussed here, but for most German speaking easier to discuss, to explain and to share in their own language. I'm certain there are also sites dedicated to PzC in Russian, Polish, and so on. Slitherine prefers to communicate in English, so we can all be grateful. If the USA would have voted German as official language (it had one vote less than English) nobody would make a fuzz that Streitmacht and Designmodproject is in German language. BTW, both have an English section where you can post registration problems for example. The only thing i do disagree with, is that registration is mandatory in order to be able to download something. I assume they want a lot of members, but the majority never posts, just leech from the downloadsection.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Fri May 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Actually even though it is difficult for someone like me to navigate the German websites, I am very grateful for all the contributions made on those websites. The game is much better with them being made available to everyone.
Additionally I have found the members on the websites to be very helpful to those ignorant "Yanks" who sometimes prowl their websites for plums and goodies. :)

PS: One thing I might add........people from the South in the USA prefer NOT to be called "Yanks", but unfortunately the rest of the world has associated the term with everyone from the USA. And if you are from the South, you take pride in your home State, like Texas. :lol:
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

rambo919
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by rambo919 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:47 am

You know you really should stop thinking that most of the English speaking internet is American or that English is even their first language...
Having to use google translate to register and use a site is no problem, it's especially needed with some obscure Russian or French sites, the problem is that it's almost impossible to get registered in the first place because they chose a stupidly long anti-bot question that seems flaky anyway.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Sat May 16, 2015 11:42 am

Don't know if you are addressing me or someone else, but:

"You know you really should stop thinking that most of the English speaking internet is American or that English is even their first language..."

That is not one of my misconceptions at all. I make great use surfing the internet worldwide and enjoy the variety and challenges. I understand (hearing) some German, Czech, Spanish, Russian and Pig Latin. :lol:
My wife is from Kharkiv Ukraine so we have a bit of an international home of sorts.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”