"Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

What do you think should be done following the end of development for the WWI campaign?

Napoleonic Wars Campaign
23%
1870 Franco-Prussian War Scenario
7%
WWI Entente Campaign
12%
WWI Central Powers Grand Campaign
28%
1914-1945 "Combined" Campaign
25%
WWI Single MP Scenario (Western Front)
2%
WWI Single MP Scenario (Eastern Front)
2%

Total votes: 193

bcnkor5
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: "Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016)

Post by bcnkor5 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:40 pm

NEW UNIT Fuel Truck

Reload fuel in the battlefield away from airfield with Switch
(Only cargo fuel plane over Opel Bauwagen.png
The unit is assigned as an aircraft carrier with the number 13: 217 Gasoline ON 13):

216 Cisterna OFF 2 100 4 50 6 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 5 0 0 0 Opel_Bauwagen.png 15.03.1939 01.01.1946 2 primary 217 sea rail glider
217 Gasolina ON 13 100 4 50 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Opel_BauwagenON.png 01.01.1939 01.01.1946 2 nopurchase fixedt 216 sea rail
Attachments
Opel_BauwagenONENG.png
Opel_BauwagenONENG.png (42.34 KiB) Viewed 4823 times
Opel_BauwagenONGER.png
Opel_BauwagenONGER.png (46.85 KiB) Viewed 5101 times
Opel_Bauwagen.png
Opel_Bauwagen.png (24.1 KiB) Viewed 5101 times
Last edited by bcnkor5 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

bcnkor5

Post by bcnkor5 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Units
Attachments
Opel_BauwagenON.png
Opel_BauwagenON.png (68.06 KiB) Viewed 5101 times
Opel_Bauwagen.png
Opel_Bauwagen.png (44.49 KiB) Viewed 5101 times

AJE
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by AJE » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:53 pm

I don't know about BNC, but I am very grateful for your images bcnkor. I'll make sure to add them to the version of this mod I use.

Anyway, I've finally gotten to finishing the expanded version of this mod that I started a while back. I've finally added the units to make use of the images I took from War of the World 1.6, and also added units with images taken from Guille1434's Unit Pack. I of course made some German units pretty powerful, because I suck at the game and need all the help I can get. :lol: For example, I gave the German Albatros 108 the stats to replace all German bombers in almost every category in the last segment, and gave German destroyers stats equivalent to other nations' cruisers, allowing them to replace cruisers in the last mission. This last part, however, has a purpose: In WWI, the Kaiserliche Marine used mostly torpedo boats and had no dedicated destroyers. When they finally did order destroyers, they were designated as "large torpedo boats model 1916" (Grosses Torpedoboot 1916), with broadsides almost equal to that of light cruisers in almost any navy. In most scenarios, Germany has no destroyers, and I intend to replace most of them where they do appear with torpedo boats, except in the USA scenario, where they replace most torpedo boats as well as light cruisers.

I've also added things like post-war fast battleships (the L20 alpha for Germany and the Admiral-class for the UK (It had the same protection as the Queen Elizabeths, so it counts as a battleship to me)), and the Standard-Type Battleships for the US.

Units that I wanted to make but don't have any icons for (in case anyone wants to make them) include: the BE2c, the Sopwith Dolphin (I and II), SPAD XX, Char 2C, Siemens-Schuckert D.VI, Fokker V.29, Mark VIII Tank, the Sturmpanzerwagen Oberschlesien, the LK II (with 37mm turret), the A7V/U, the DFW C.V and C.1, the Rumpler C.1, and most importantly, the Canon de 155mm GPF- France could really use proper heavy artillery. I suppose I could represent the 7.5cm Skoda M.15 as the Mortier de 220mm TR Schneider, since they look identical, but that wouldn't look very distinctive, and that mortar was not nearly as important as the GPF was to France's heavy artillery.

Anyway, the link to my improved (in my opinion) version of the mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1a7gH ... sp=sharing

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:00 am

AJE wrote:I don't know about BNC, but I am very grateful for your images bcnkor. I'll make sure to add them to the version of this mod I use.

Anyway, I've finally gotten to finishing the expanded version of this mod that I started a while back. I've finally added the units to make use of the images I took from War of the World 1.6
1.1? or the new mod?
, and also added units with images taken from Guille1434's Unit Pack. I of course made some German units pretty powerful, because I suck at the game and need all the help I can get. :lol: For example, I gave the German Albatros 108 the stats to replace all German bombers in almost every category
The 108 is a fictional Stuka-equivalent with a Bf108 (~1936) icon. The German WWI bombers (Albatros and the Junkers j.I) were garbage. I see no real correlation here :roll:
in the last segment, and gave German destroyers stats equivalent to other nations' cruisers, allowing them to replace cruisers in the last mission. This last part, however, has a purpose: In WWI, the Kaiserliche Marine used mostly torpedo boats and had no dedicated destroyers. When they finally did order destroyers, they were designated as "large torpedo boats model 1916" (Grosses Torpedoboot 1916), with broadsides almost equal to that of light cruisers in almost any navy. In most scenarios, Germany has no destroyers, and I intend to replace most of them where they do appear with torpedo boats, except in the USA scenario, where they replace most torpedo boats as well as light cruisers.

I've also added things like post-war fast battleships (the L20 alpha for Germany and the Admiral-class for the UK (It had the same protection as the Queen Elizabeths, so it counts as a battleship to me)), and the Standard-Type Battleships for the US.
L20 was doomed from the start. For one, it would never appear until like 1924, as Wurttemberg and Saschen still had to be finished (1920 or so in a wishful scenario). And they didn't have the true *speed* (23kn) until later (27), which would have sacrificed their planned 16" guns (H-39 also had these. And H-39 never got built for a good reason!).
Units that I wanted to make but don't have any icons for (in case anyone wants to make them) include: the BE2c, the Sopwith Dolphin (I and II), SPAD XX, Char 2C, Siemens-Schuckert D.VI, Fokker V.29, Mark VIII Tank, the Sturmpanzerwagen Oberschlesien, the LK II (with 37mm turret), the A7V/U, the DFW C.V and C.1, the Rumpler C.1, and most importantly, the Canon de 155mm GPF- France could really use proper heavy artillery. I suppose I could represent the 7.5cm Skoda M.15 as the Mortier de 220mm TR Schneider, since they look identical, but that wouldn't look very distinctive, and that mortar was not nearly as important as the GPF was to France's heavy artillery.
I've seen a Spad 20 floating around, although I think ti has dutch camo. Mk8 tank could just use MkI graphic. Char 2 is similar enough to the 1940 Char 1 already in game.
Just saved you 3 icons :)
Anyway, the link to my improved (in my opinion) version of the mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1a7gH ... sp=sharing
I'm still not sure why people want to bother improving the USA scenario though - AFAIK no-one has ever gotten there (if you have LET ME KNOW). Interesting update nonetheless.

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

AJE

Post by AJE » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:47 pm

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:1.1? or the new mod?
It's based off 3.2, so none of the updates you made since then, but I have added many units (mostly artillery) for anyone else to add into scenarios other than the USA
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:The 108 is a fictional Stuka-equivalent with a Bf108 (~1936) icon. The German WWI bombers (Albatros and the Junkers j.I) were garbage. I see no real correlation here :roll:
It's only used in the USA scenario, so it's not really based in reality anyway. Besides, the Stuka had a bigger payload than any WWI bomber IRL, and had heavy bomber range by wwi standards.
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:L20 was doomed from the start. For one, it would never appear until like 1924, as Wurttemberg and Saschen still had to be finished (1920 or so in a wishful scenario). And they didn't have the true *speed* (23kn) until later (27), which would have sacrificed their planned 16" guns (H-39 also had these. And H-39 never got built for a good reason!).
Again, the L20 Alpha only appears in the USA scenario, where it's not the most unrealistic unit they have by far. Besides, I thought the whole point of the L20 was to get built quickly by omitting underwater protection in favor of more speed. If it was only going to appear in 1924 even if the war in Europe had been won, they would never have bothered.
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:I've seen a Spad 20 floating around, although I think ti has dutch camo. Mk8 tank could just use MkI graphic. Char 2 is similar enough to the 1940 Char 1 already in game.
Just saved you 3 icons :)
The Mk 8 works with the Mk 1 graphics, which I used in game (it's just a renamed mk XII), but IRL it had a much bigger superstructure on top of the tracks with 5 machine guns in addition to the commander's station, and it had distinctive curved tracks and a more complex sponson design. It's not a big deal though, mostly just aesthetic, like all the icons.

As for the Char 2C, it's completely different than the Char 1. It has no hull-mounted gun, has multiple turrets with a 75 mm gun in one of them, and it is huge (the largest operational tank ever). A scaled-down 2C was one of the proposals for what became the B1, but it was rejected in favor of a new design, the SRB (this became the B1). Anyway, had the situation become desperate on the Western Front, the red tape surrounding the project would have likely been torn down, and they would have seen service in WWI.

Also, another Slitherine game, Commander:the Great War, is similar to Panzer Corps, and one of its icons is the 155 GPF artillery piece I want. I just hope modding is supported, and someone might be able to give me that icon.
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:I'm still not sure why people want to bother improving the USA scenario though - AFAIK no-one has ever gotten there (if you have LET ME KNOW). Interesting update nonetheless.

- BNC
I just play it for fun straight out of the scenario chooser, it's the most unit-rich, and I am kind of a WWI alternate history buff (WWI 1919-1920 threads on alternatehistory.com are the best). Also, I suck at the game, and the ease of that level is sort of balanced for me.

BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:06 am

>L 20.

The plan was to start in 1918. Based off KMS Bismarck (started 1936 battle ready 1940-1), it would take 5-6 years before it could fight much. Being a rubbish design, it could never have been seriously built in my opinion.

>Stuka

Stukas didn't exactly have a very large payload, probably less than a zeppelin or a Gotha G5. Anything they carried probably could have been managed by an Albtros C or J serie. Just without the dive function and so without the expert aim!

>Char

Graphic is similar enough to be used for anything except serious study (this mod is only meant for a bit of light entertainment). I don't see a real problem with it - and I'm not really in the mood to create more icons any time soon.

>CTGW

Take a screenshot over a rather blank terrain (clear or desert, no trenches). Copy into Photoshop or net paint and use the magic wand tool to select the artillery piece. copy and position to suit a PzC graphic file, making the image larger if necessary (and painteing over any major blurry regions). Save and test. If not happy repeat or find better image.

- BNC

AJE

Post by AJE » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:02 pm

BiteNibbleChomp wrote: Take a screenshot over a rather blank terrain (clear or desert, no trenches). Copy into Photoshop or net paint and use the magic wand tool to select the artillery piece. copy and position to suit a PzC graphic file, making the image larger if necessary (and painteing over any major blurry regions). Save and test. If not happy repeat or find better image.

- BNC
Thanks for the suggestion, but I just found the images in the game files, and boy are there a ton of icons! Almost all game files are images that could be added to this mod. There's whippets, LK IIs, A7V/Us, Mark 1s (with the wheels), etc. I'm not sure how the devs would feel if the files were used for a mod since it already duplicates a lot of CTGW, but if it was OK, I would highly recommend looking at those images, since they almost all represent units that could be added to the mod. I can send them to you if you like.

BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:34 am

I won't be making any more icons for this mod. v3.3 is intended to be the final patch unless someone finds a game-breaking issue.

That doesn't mean I don't welcome stuff being posted here though, but someone else will be doiung any extra work :wink:

- BNC

AJE

Post by AJE » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:15 pm

In that case I'll continue to improve (in my opinion) my version of this mod. I just have a few questions though.

What size image do the icons have to be? Do they have to be placed exactly on the image in a certain spot?

Do the changes in v3.3 affect the scenario, unit, or icon files, or can I transfer those files from my mod to 3.3 without trouble?

Will you update this mod to work with US Corps when it comes out (assuming it breaks the game like Soviet Corps)?

BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:37 pm

Unit icnos have to be 296*296 for ground units and 296*444 for aircraft. Each 148*148 "square" is what the unit will look like in certain situations.

v3.3 is almost identical to v3.2: I added a single zeppelin to Trial Under Fire, and fixed the compatibility with Soviet Corps. Everything else should copy over without trouble from v3.2

The mod won't need a new update for US Corps - there won't be any new UI or stuff that Soviet Corps adds, just a few campaign files like Grand Campaign '39 does. Trying to play the US campaign with the mod enabled will crash the game, and I made a fix a while back so that the GC won't cause this (by making the GC inaccessible with the mod), but I can't make this fix for either US or Sealion until I get the respective DLCs so I can modify their files. To me, this doesn't seem to matter as you have to be pretty silly to click on a ww2 campaign in a ww1 mod when the ww1 campaigns are easily visible!

- BNC

AJE

Post by AJE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:39 am

Got it. Thanks!

bcnkor5

Post by bcnkor5 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:26 pm

Update v2.0 MINIMOD Only WW1 panzer korps-units by Bcnkor Spain and other by DMP Team
better shadows on planes and other improvements
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5afgt ... +Spain.rar

Note: Main photo in honor of a great hero
Attachments
menu_wide_bg.JPG
menu_wide_bg.JPG (96.63 KiB) Viewed 4824 times

BlackeyeVuk
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by BlackeyeVuk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:32 pm

How I missed this ? Great stuff. I'll try this immediately. And thank you very much for continued work on this mod.
Richthofen was my idol and ultimately reason why I wanted to become a pilot.

Waldo_slith
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: "Kaiserschlacht" : How Does One Install?

Post by Waldo_slith » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:46 pm

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere but I searched & could not find the answer.

How doe one install the Kaiserschlacht rar file?

waldo

BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:08 am

rar? The file is just a normal zip file :|

The simplest way to install is to set up the GME (which has a sticky thread dedicated to it), and then copy the "WWI v3.3" folder into C:/.../Panzer Corps/MODS

This is the same for all of my other mods (save the Random Battle Generator) and most of the ones made by others (eg. Battlefield Europe and Soviet Storm)

- BNC

tomjones99
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by tomjones99 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 pm

Hi great work.
the 3.3 is playing fine. the Grand Scenario is great.

I have started to play some weeks ago.

some notes.

The Artillery is really a killer with this range. But I will see if this makes sense in later scenarios. I think yes.

But I have checked the other scenarios.
About the planes...there are really lot of planes. Is this correctly? ok for fun... but really? ok, many tanks too. I mean the relation to the infantry.
and is the game in itself to have the units I want to have in my corps ;)

others:

And the first allied planes with 2 Guns were the SE5A or a later version of Nieuport 17? (I hope I am sure)..so why are the earlier planers superior to the german ones?
Since 1915 german planes have 2 guns. Fokker Eindecker III got 2 (at Wiki is noted one, but a version with 3 guns). Albatros II;III; too. Halberstadt DII not.
I am sure, you will need no help. But if you are interested, there are manuals from the games: Red Baron or History Line 1914-1918 with a lot of planes (the second one with other units too) ...sure, Wikipedia too.

BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:55 am

tomjones99 wrote: The Artillery is really a killer with this range. But I will see if this makes sense in later scenarios. I think yes.
It was the biggest killer in the war, more so than gas, machineguns and possibly disease (though I'm not certain on the last one).
tomjones99 wrote:But I have checked the other scenarios.
About the planes...there are really lot of planes. Is this correctly? ok for fun... but really? ok, many tanks too. I mean the relation to the infantry.
and is the game in itself to have the units I want to have in my corps ;)

others:

And the first allied planes with 2 Guns were the SE5A or a later version of Nieuport 17? (I hope I am sure)..so why are the earlier planers superior to the german ones?
Since 1915 german planes have 2 guns. Fokker Eindecker III got 2 (at Wiki is noted one, but a version with 3 guns). Albatros II;III; too. Halberstadt DII not.
I am sure, you will need no help. But if you are interested, there are manuals from the games: Red Baron or History Line 1914-1918 with a lot of planes (the second one with other units too) ...sure, Wikipedia too.
Admittedly it doesn't follow history especially closely, but I wanted to make it more enjoyable and feel like WWI, while also being possible to win without losing your entire army every map. The mod has been out so long now that I don't think I could change anything much without ruining the balance.

- BNC

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:27 am

It's a great mod BNC. Everyone that enjoys PZC owes a debt of gratitude to you for making it as you did and your contributions.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

tomjones99

Post by tomjones99 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:02 am

Hi, yes, I agree the changes for having more fun.

I have played a lot of other Mods. Most from DMP.
If you like, you could add some special units at all sides. You can do them buyable or only as bonus. For example some elite guards.
Or, there should be exist sharpshooters.
Some others: drivable AA-guns. I am sure there were aa-guns on trucks.
is there an Austrian-Hungarian scout truck, too?

again about the planes. in the middle of the war, the superior changed. First the Fokkers, then the Allied more maneuverable planes, later Albatros D2,D3 also D5 led to the bloody april. after it only the higher quantity of allied planes led to their superiority, the quality was the same.
Some units you could interested in:
str. bomber: Zeppelin Staaken ; Tact. Bomber: Junkers J1 (first earth-fighting plane used with more metal than wood; Rumpler C (Taube).
There are a lot of more I think.

tomjones99

Post by tomjones99 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:27 pm

how about armored trains?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”