*CANCELLED* The Path to Rearmament

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Wellingham
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:24 pm
Location: Amiens, France

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by Wellingham » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:16 am

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:
Wellingham wrote:Do you need any beta testers BNC? I could lend you my services for it.
You'll be able to do it... when the scenario is more than a map and 5 morale units that don't work yet! It may take me a couple months though.

- BNC
Oh! Oh! I thought from the sounds of it that it was done. You must use "artistic perception". Tee Hee!

~Ulisses Montagna
~Ulisses Montagna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna be a Canis Ex Machina, but all I got is this Haunted Kriegsmaschine-9000, so I still need the Herzensbrecher and the Hundkopf!

iceFlame
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:11 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by iceFlame » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:36 am

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:Great to see you're excited - this is a much bigger project than GC 14, so it won't be ready for a looooooong time.
No worries. It'll be worth waiting for, especially after all that time to make it better and better! :wink:
About the staff cars, I need a graphic that can be used by all nations, since I'm only adding 1 commander unit that's used by all the majors.
Yeah, I'm hoping phcas will come up with something to fit the bill. He seems to be in an all-out transport mode ATM, so this may be right up his alley. :)
Now to puzzle you by this graphic of Moscow and surrounds...

The hook-shaped canal is represented the same way as in the vanilla campaign where it runs most of the way around Moscow. Also is featured like this to give Moscow more defensive power (it works as a river), and also because there's no graphic that makes it go from the north-west immediately north.
If you look at the canal in real life, it doesn't take long to gain an appreciation for how difficult it is to model. Great natural line of defense though, so having a party in the Kremlin will be a tough invite. :wink:
Image
Go deep here: slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=49469

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:54 am

Wellingham wrote:
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:
Wellingham wrote:Do you need any beta testers BNC? I could lend you my services for it.
You'll be able to do it... when the scenario is more than a map and 5 morale units that don't work yet! It may take me a couple months though.

- BNC
Oh! Oh! I thought from the sounds of it that it was done. You must use "artistic perception". Tee Hee!

~Ulisses Montagna
You'll learn pretty quick that I start threads shortly after I start making the mod - this allows you to see the new features as I add them, rather than being dumped with heaps of stuff you don't know how to use.
iceFlame wrote:
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:Great to see you're excited - this is a much bigger project than GC 14, so it won't be ready for a looooooong time.
No worries. It'll be worth waiting for, especially after all that time to make it better and better! :wink:
About the staff cars, I need a graphic that can be used by all nations, since I'm only adding 1 commander unit that's used by all the majors.
Yeah, I'm hoping phcas will come up with something to fit the bill. He seems to be in an all-out transport mode ATM, so this may be right up his alley. :)
Now to puzzle you by this graphic of Moscow and surrounds...

The hook-shaped canal is represented the same way as in the vanilla campaign where it runs most of the way around Moscow. Also is featured like this to give Moscow more defensive power (it works as a river), and also because there's no graphic that makes it go from the north-west immediately north.
If you look at the canal in real life, it doesn't take long to gain an appreciation for how difficult it is to model. Great natural line of defense though, so having a party in the Kremlin will be a tough invite. :wink:
It took me quite a while to add the canal, but now that it is here, you might as well burn those invitations for the party at Moscow! I can't see you being there any time soon!

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Thu May 01, 2014 12:52 pm

My stormtroopers await posts, otherwise I might have to resort to "annoying-sound-gas" - it's this new weapon that creates extremely annoying sounds but that can be countered by posting on any of my forums.

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

iceFlame
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:11 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by iceFlame » Fri May 02, 2014 8:58 am

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:It took me quite a while to add the canal, but now that it is here, you might as well burn those invitations for the party at Moscow! I can't see you being there any time soon!
You're such a party-pooper! :lol:

But as the old saying goes: Where there's a will, there's a way. And as I have my top theorists working on the problem, I am pleased to say I remain supremely confident. Keep the champagne on ice, as the Kremlin party promises to be the social event of the season! :wink:
Image
Go deep here: slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=49469

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Fri May 02, 2014 12:25 pm

If I were you, I'd have just moved the party to Leningrad.

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2428
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:44 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by LandMarine47 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:45 pm

I think it's time we go with my rule, spam paratroopers supported my Mars Arty guns! Works everytime (unless there are Red Guards everywhere)

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Sun May 04, 2014 6:12 am

LandMarine47 wrote:I think it's time we go with my rule, spam paratroopers supported my Mars Arty guns! Works everytime (unless there are Red Guards everywhere)
Even that strategy has 50% effectiveness because of the canal - remember it is a hook shape! I'm telling you, burn those invites! You should have used them before the canal was built!

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

Wellingham
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:24 pm
Location: Amiens, France

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by Wellingham » Mon May 05, 2014 6:56 am

You'll be able to do it... when the scenario is more than a map and 5 morale units that don't work yet! It may take me a couple months though.

- BNC[/quote]

Oh! Oh! I thought from the sounds of it that it was done. You must use "artistic perception". Tee Hee!

~Ulisses Montagna[/quote]

You'll learn pretty quick that I start threads shortly after I start making the mod - this allows you to see the new features as I add them, rather than being dumped with heaps of stuff you don't know how to use.

- BNC[/quote]

Well now this what I call Intelligent.

~Ulisses Montagna
~Ulisses Montagna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna be a Canis Ex Machina, but all I got is this Haunted Kriegsmaschine-9000, so I still need the Herzensbrecher and the Hundkopf!

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Mon May 05, 2014 6:58 am

It's also a good way to argue about stormtroopers while people mod stuff!

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

Wellingham
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:24 pm
Location: Amiens, France

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by Wellingham » Mon May 05, 2014 7:09 am

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:It's also a good way to argue about stormtroopers while people mod stuff!

- BNC
TempêteTroopers suck!
~Ulisses Montagna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna be a Canis Ex Machina, but all I got is this Haunted Kriegsmaschine-9000, so I still need the Herzensbrecher and the Hundkopf!

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Wellingham wrote:
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:It's also a good way to argue about stormtroopers while people mod stuff!

- BNC
TempêteTroopers suck!
I wouldn't be trying to annoy them! (and yes, they speak French, as well as about 7 other languages)

On the other hand, does anyone have any suggestions for this? It may be some time before I continue work on this (I'm trying to get v1.2 out for my other 2 mods, 1 including GC'14), but I still want posts on here (or does everyone just want McGuba to win the mod war?)

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

Wellingham
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:24 pm
Location: Amiens, France

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by Wellingham » Wed May 07, 2014 10:35 am

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:
Wellingham wrote:
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:It's also a good way to argue about stormtroopers while people mod stuff!

- BNC
TempêteTroopers suck!
I wouldn't be trying to annoy them! (and yes, they speak French, as well as about 7 other languages)

On the other hand, does anyone have any suggestions for this? It may be some time before I continue work on this (I'm trying to get v1.2 out for my other 2 mods, 1 including GC'14), but I still want posts on here (or does everyone just want McGuba to win the mod war?)

- BNC
Darn! guess I'd better start learning a new language! Also, I hope you win the mod war! :mrgreen: :lol: :D :twisted:
~Ulisses Montagna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna be a Canis Ex Machina, but all I got is this Haunted Kriegsmaschine-9000, so I still need the Herzensbrecher and the Hundkopf!

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2428
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:44 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by LandMarine47 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 pm

I'm the Switzerland of this war :| (no Stormtroopers in Switzerland, since it's too mountainous. Only the Alpan Korps can get up here!)

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Thu May 08, 2014 6:36 am

LandMarine47 wrote:I'm the Switzerland of this war :| (no Stormtroopers in Switzerland, since it's too mountainous. Only the Alpan Korps can get up here!)
Stormtroopers have been equipped with jetpacks! They'll get up those mountains with ease

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

Wellingham
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:24 pm
Location: Amiens, France

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by Wellingham » Thu May 08, 2014 6:39 am

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:
LandMarine47 wrote:I'm the Switzerland of this war :| (no Stormtroopers in Switzerland, since it's too mountainous. Only the Alpan Korps can get up here!)
Stormtroopers have been equipped with jetpacks! They'll get up those mountains with ease

- BNC
But will they be able to manoeuvre around?
~Ulisses Montagna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna be a Canis Ex Machina, but all I got is this Haunted Kriegsmaschine-9000, so I still need the Herzensbrecher and the Hundkopf!

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Thu May 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Of course they can move around (or fly around!)

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Sun May 11, 2014 11:17 am

Finally got back to this mod! (Have had technical problems and Empire Total War addictions for the past week)

All the zones are down now.

Full list:
1 - Germany
2 - Berlin, later the German morale hex to determine if country still in war
3 - Rome
4 - British Isles
5 - London, later UK morale hex to determine if country still in war
6 - Warsaw
7 - France
8 - Paris, later French morale hex to determine if country still in war
9 - Prague
10 - Munich
11 - Stalingrad
12 - Kuybyshev
13 - "Ostland" & the Baltic States
14 - Ukraine
15 - Western Russia (not Zn 13, 14 or 18)
16 - Moscow, later Russian morale hex to determine if country still in war
17 - Cairo
18 - Stalingrad and Caucasus areas (approx. target region of Fall Blau)
19 - Egypt
20 - Libya
21 - Italy
22 - Norway
23 - Sweden
24 - Netherlands
25 - Portugal
26 - Spain
27 - Poland
28 - Yugoslavia
29 - Turkey
30 - Basra
31 - Czechoslovakia (1936 borders)
32 - Belgium

and a new set up for the morale has been worked out (to prevent the need for 500 extra events!, as well as freeing up 4 extra zones)
Simply, countries cannot fall if they have not lost their original capital. When the capital falls, the zone flips from the town hex to the one on which the morale unit is, and if the unit is still there, the country will stay alive. When the unit dies, all of that country's units will have a -20 strength penalty, immediately killing them, and the flags will flip to the most appropriate nation.
The USA can only enter if Great Britain's morale is >10, and only on December 7, 1941. However, as its territories are not represented on the map, it effectively has no purpose in the morale system, except for the loss of 1 morale point/turn if GB's morale goes to <5. If however, GB still holds London, this penalty will be ignored.

Also, with each city that falls in the USSR, there is a 50% chance that 1 Morale will be taken off, rather than 100% as with the other countries.

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Mon May 12, 2014 11:33 am

Considering I finally found it.. (thanks guille!) the IS3 will make it into the mod! It is a slightly-stronger IS2 that will make its first appearance in July 1945.

Also, would anyone like me to add a mid-1945 onwards USSR vs Western Allies campaign? It would use the same map and things, just a different battle

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2428
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:44 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The Path to Rearmament - 1936-45 (WIP)

Post by LandMarine47 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Well I'd need a new name, something that represents the situation, perhaps "Thy enemy that shall not be destroyed" to show the possible endless war? Just throwing that out there

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”