What do you need to do to make this work:
1) Use the Beta Panzercorps.exe. Backup the original Panzercorps.exe!!!! Also backup all other files that i discuss underneath.
Beta Panzercorps.exe: https://www.sendspace.com/file/dzoi4e
2) Files that must be updated in order to make the new theatres of war work:
- In the data folder: Strings.pzdat : you need to define the new theatres of war. Standard there is already:
So for example you can add underneath those two lines:IDS_THEATRE0 Europe
- In the UI folder: editor_scnparams.htm: This file allows you to chose theatre of war in the scenario editor.IDS_THEATRE2 Winter
This is already present:
Underneath this you have to add, depending how many new theatres of war you introduce, with my example from above:<td style="text-align:right">IDS_LABEL_THEATRE</td>
3) Where do i place the units with a different camo?<option value="2">IDS_THEATRE2</option>
In the folder graphics/units/
The units in the main directory have Theatre 0, the units in the folder Desert contain the units with the desert camo (Theatre 1). Theatre 0 and 1 should NOT be altered. Theatre 0 remains Europe and Theatre 1 remains Africa (desert camo); you can add more Theatre 0 and Theatre 1 units, as long the names for those units in theatre 0 and 1 are identical and naturally as well in the equipment file. To be completely clear, Panzer_IA.png in the e-file has its icons for the different theatres of war in their corresponding folders with the same name Panzer_IA.png.
4) How to add folders and units for your great looking units with a different camo?
Here i will use my example again. Remember that i called Theatre 2 Winter and Theatre 3 Summer.
Folder to put the units with a winter camo is called theatre2, not theatre2 winter or winter camo, just plain and easy theatre2 for reasons of hard coding in the beta panzercorps.exe.
Folder to put the units with a summer camo is called theatre3, not theatre3 summer or summer camo, just plain and easy theatre3
If you for example have no winter camo for unit X, it will always use by default the icon of this unit for Theatre0.
You can define the theatre of war for each and every scenario in the scenario editor. Scenario one can be in summer and scenario two can be in winter, the units will automatically change their graphic to the different theatre of war.
EDIT: Hopefully is the beta exe of PzC no longer required, and has this feature been implemented with patch v1.24.