War of the World II v1.2 (Jan 2, 2016)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: War of the World II v1.2 (Jan 2, 2016)

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Multi-roles? Those haven't been included in the mod since the earliest pre-release versions.

Maybe I should delete those images...

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
bcnkor5
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by bcnkor5 »

flags and as seen in the mod and all bigunits
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=70418
Attachments
World War 2 Mod.jpg
World War 2 Mod.jpg (215.97 KiB) Viewed 9110 times
flags.png
flags.png (142.49 KiB) Viewed 9110 times
BiteNibbleChomp

I've begun the conversion to 1.25 and the Allied campaign scenario is being made. The AAR forum is still looking a bit empty though...

- BNC
bcnkor5

Post by bcnkor5 »

[quote="BiteNibbleChomp"]War of the World II
v1.2 Now Out!

Global Warfare from the invasion of China until August Storm and beyond!
The attachment opening.JPG is no longer available
Read through the thread to find out more 8)
The attachment War of the World 2.PNG is no longer available
###################################################################################

Downloads:

Main mod files v1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?5qy7rhq0rjhboa0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A gift for the creator of the MOD all units adapted to MOD War of the World II v1.2 (Jan 2, 2016.

Units by DMP team (germany) other units adapted by bcnkor (Spain) to panzer Korp WWII
6/3/2016
Note: For all Mods (DMP Ostfront,DMP Afrika, Worl WAR II "play all world" etc...)and game expansions (Panzer Corps Soviet Corps, Panzer Corps Allied Corps, Panzer Corps Afrika etc...) and vainilla. Note: NOT adapted to DMP Pazifik Mod.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s86ce ... r+Korp.rar
Attachments
SS_Inf.png
SS_Inf.png (32.47 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
SE_Commando.png
SE_Commando.png (26.51 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
British_Inf2.png
British_Inf2.png (38.82 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
BiteNibbleChomp

Just curious, has anyone actually managed a Total Victory (all objecitves inc. USA by '45) yet?

- BNC
Aminius
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Aminius »

was giving your mod a try and when i destroyed the industry at nanjing the game showed turn 301, counting up and no events worked anymore.
known bug?
BiteNibbleChomp

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Haven't had the time to make a proper patch, and one bug doesn't quite warrant one.

To fix:

Load the mod.
Open the PzC Editor. Locate the file "...\Panzer Corps\Data\War of the World II.pzscn" (this won't be here if the mod isn't loaded).
Click on edit (at the top)
Scenario Params.
A window will pop up. Select 'Scripts'
Click on the 7th entry (... Number of Axis units in all map is equal to 6) and select the edit button at the bottom.
Press the edit button on the next window.
A smaller 3rd window will appear. The entries should read:

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Parameter: Axis Prestige Per Turn
Action: set
Value: 300
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Press OK to close each of the 3 windows.
Save the file.
Unload and reload the mod.

That should fix it, though I changed it on my machine quite a while ago and so can't check there. :roll: Sorry about that

I don't think Nanjing has anything to do with it. It is caused by having 6 industries and I forgot to select Axis Prestige per Turn, instead it set current turn as 300 or something like that. The quickest way to avoid it is simply to never end the turn while having 6 factories.

- BNC
Aminius

Post by Aminius »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:Yeah, I'm aware of that. Haven't had the time to make a proper patch, and one bug doesn't quite warrant one.

That should fix it, though I changed it on my machine quite a while ago and so can't check there. :roll: Sorry about that

- BNC
ok thanks that fixed it.
i played until late 43 and now i have enough. sorry its quite annoying.
units that popup in already secured areas like the middle east and pacific and number of core units becomes a serious problem around pearl harbor
when japan gets tons of units for free which means i cant replace any unit on the east front.

oh i almost forgot: there are 2 unit traps in the pacific. new zealand and new georgia. you cant remove the units once you conquered the place.
BiteNibbleChomp

Aminius wrote: i played until late 43 and now i have enough. sorry its quite annoying.
units that popup in already secured areas like the middle east and pacific and number of core units becomes a serious problem around pearl harbor
when japan gets tons of units for free which means i cant replace any unit on the east front.

oh i almost forgot: there are 2 unit traps in the pacific. new zealand and new georgia. you cant remove the units once you conquered the place.
The 1941 free units should add a corresponding number of core slots? That should happen every time you get free stuff.

New Zealand and New Georgia areclassic examples of why I added the marines unit. Swap it into a boat on the clear hex and it can sail away.

- BNC
Aminius

Post by Aminius »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:
Aminius wrote: i played until late 43 and now i have enough. sorry its quite annoying.

The 1941 free units should add a corresponding number of core slots? That should happen every time you get free stuff.

New Zealand and New Georgia areclassic examples of why I added the marines unit. Swap it into a boat on the clear hex and it can sail away.

- BNC
in my game there were no core slots added, ever.
and only the german marines can switch to a boat, the japs cant.
BiteNibbleChomp

?!

The Jap marines are the 'SNLF' units. The switch will only be available on clear and port tiles, and probably jungle.

What other events did you trigger that might have added units? Argentine rebellion? Finland?

- BNC
Aminius

Post by Aminius »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:?!

The Jap marines are the 'SNLF' units. The switch will only be available on clear and port tiles, and probably jungle.

What other events did you trigger that might have added units? Argentine rebellion? Finland?

- BNC
i would offer you the savegame but i dont have it anymore.
yes i conquered britain then got argentine and chile rebels.
finland joined too. both no core slots were added. bulgaria, romania and hungary the same.
BiteNibbleChomp

Just checked some of the events:

Britain surrender gives 6 slots, to make up for BritishUnion stuff.
Italy adds 9, as intended
Hungary/Romania/Bulgaria adds 5 slots,
Argentine rebeliion adds 5

So I'm guessing the problem is caused by the Pearl Harbour/Phillipines forces trigger, which adds 15 or so units. Quite likely your core force level is something like 124/115 and so it shows up as what you are seeing.

Either that or somehow one of our versions is different.

- BNC
Aminius

Post by Aminius »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:Just checked some of the events:

Britain surrender gives 6 slots, to make up for BritishUnion stuff.
Italy adds 9, as intended
Hungary/Romania/Bulgaria adds 5 slots,
Argentine rebeliion adds 5

So I'm guessing the problem is caused by the Pearl Harbour/Phillipines forces trigger, which adds 15 or so units. Quite likely your core force level is something like 124/115 and so it shows up as what you are seeing.

Either that or somehow one of our versions is different.

- BNC
ok its possible that i didnt notice the added cores after pearl harbour. cause i was already above the limit.

i used the 1.2 version.
BiteNibbleChomp

Aminius wrote:ok its possible that i didnt notice the added cores after pearl harbour. cause i was already above the limit.

i used the 1.2 version.
I figured you would have used 1.2. I've fiddled with mine a little bit since releasing 1.2, mostly because of that industry issue.

If core units is ever a big problem, you can use the cheat code "core #" where # is however many you want added.

- BNC
IAFGustie
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by IAFGustie »

I just finished the campaigns, I must say it was a lot of fun. I got a major victory and I did not have the chance to invade the USA. (I didn't even try to attack Pearl Harbor). Thank you for creating this mod BiteNibbleChomp. I have a couple of questions:
1) Chilean army has the Austrian flag. Is there any way to correct that?
2) Either the virgin islands or the Bermudas have a US infantry when it should be a British unit
3)Are you still planning on releasing the Allied campaign?
4) Major war events were not triggered (Normandy and Torch). I believe because I conquered England quickly. Is there any other way to trigger these events?

Keep up the good work, I really like the what if trigger of the Argentine rebellion, as an Argentinian I know that during WW2 many in my country supported the totalitarian regimes of Europe.
BiteNibbleChomp

1/ In the editor, open the file and IIRC you have to shift-click the units in Chile. Then there will be a dropdown for 'country' or 'flag' (or something like that, should be obvious). Then select 'Chile'. That was probably a misclick by me.

2/ I think Bermuda flips at some point. (Not sure though). Virgin Islands aren't in the game.

3/ Not currently. 2016 was very busy for me and '17 is looking like it will be worse. I still hope to get the Mongols done sometime soon, as that is at least close to finished.

4/ If you stomp England, major western front events get cancelled. However, if you fail to take Washington by 1945 (and hence don't win), a huge army will try to liberate Europe towards the end of the game!

Argentina/ Yes, I though this was a better way of representing that than having Argentina fully join the Axis.

- BNC
Fabio3110
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Fabio3110 »

I cant embark any units after landing the japanese troops at Shanghai, when holding the mouse over the embark option it simply says there are no transports.
BiteNibbleChomp

Fabio3110 wrote:I cant embark any units after landing the japanese troops at Shanghai, when holding the mouse over the embark option it simply says there are no transports.
I can't remember the exact numbers, but you should have something like 20 transports. Either they are all full, sunk (unlikely at Shanghai stage), or you haven't held the port long enough, which I suspect is the case. I didn't change any mechanics in this regard, except giving the player whatever amount they already have.

- BNC
Fabio3110
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Fabio3110 »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote: I can't remember the exact numbers, but you should have something like 20 transports. Either they are all full, sunk (unlikely at Shanghai stage), or you haven't held the port long enough, which I suspect is the case. I didn't change any mechanics in this regard, except giving the player whatever amount they already have.

- BNC
Okay so i don't know what was the problem but i deleted the mod and reinstalled and activated via GME and it works now.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”