GC DLCs upgrade project (GC Complete v3)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 pm
Location: London

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project - GC as Italian army v1 ready

Post by Cataphract88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 pm

KnobiWahn wrote:Hello,

GC 41 East is down. Please Reup.

Thx.
+1

I am having the same problem. :(
Richard

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by nikivdd » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:43 am

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4ygbek

Here you go guys, DLC 41E re-upped.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 pm
Location: London

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by Cataphract88 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:22 pm

Thanks a lot, Nikivdd, that did the trick! :D
Richard

asuser
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by asuser » Mon May 01, 2017 7:42 am

Hi Nico,

with great fun and with the first big losses :twisted: I fight 1942 through the deeper battles with my troops in Russia.
Now I'm close to the doors of Stalingrad and the briefing sheet of the scenario "Storming Stalingrad" said:

"...To aid you in your assault, several detachments from the Italian 8th Army have been temporarily placed at your disposal..."

At the map, there are only support troops from the Romanian Army but nothing to see anything else?
Where are the Italians...still at home or they come later? :wink:

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by nikivdd » Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am

asuser wrote:Hi Nico,

with great fun and with the first big losses :twisted: I fight 1942 through the deeper battles with my troops in Russia.
Now I'm close to the doors of Stalingrad and the briefing sheet of the scenario "Storming Stalingrad" said:

"...To aid you in your assault, several detachments from the Italian 8th Army have been temporarily placed at your disposal..."

At the map, there are only support troops from the Romanian Army but nothing to see anything else?
Where are the Italians...still at home or they come later? :wink:
Hi Anders,

It is already a lengthy thread here, so you probably skipped the part where i wrote that the original briefings have not been altered in any way.
In the Stalingrad missions, all Italians were removed in favor of the Romanians. So the 8th Italian army has been send home ;)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

asuser
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by asuser » Tue May 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Ah, yes, I don't read it. Thanks!

I am afraid, that the following scenarios will also be difficult to play with or without Italian troops. Now into Stalingrad... masses of masses of Soviet infantry attack me in several places. Heavy losses...

DocTsiolkovski
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by DocTsiolkovski » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:11 pm

Demyans Pocket - Save Core

Sorry if this has been asked and clarified before...I just finished DLC41 and the last scn (Demjansk) does not generate a savecore file...any way to work around this? I don't want to play this scenario another time

Thx!

DocTsiolkovski
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by DocTsiolkovski » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Sorry again - strange fix: I had to delete a couple of may savecore files first...now everything is working.
Really strange...not more than 151 savecores?
Doc

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by nikivdd » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:19 am

DocTsiolkovski wrote:Sorry again - strange fix: I had to delete a couple of may savecore files first...now everything is working.
Really strange...not more than 151 savecores?
Doc
It's possible there is a limit.
Therefore it is interesting to organise savecores for each DLC in different folders.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

captainjack
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 am

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by captainjack » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:51 am

nikivdd wrote:In the Stalingrad missions, all Italians were removed in favor of the Romanians.
That's strange. I have just completed Storming Stalingrad a few minutes ago. It's clearly the upgraded scenario as I had to face units that were introduced in Soviet Corps, but I still had Italian auxiliaries.

SandroV
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by SandroV » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:54 am

Hi, Nico.
Do I need to use the file "equipment.pzeqp" for the your Soviet Corps?

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by nikivdd » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:46 am

captainjack wrote:
That's strange. I have just completed Storming Stalingrad a few minutes ago. It's clearly the upgraded scenario as I had to face units that were introduced in Soviet Corps, but I still had Italian auxiliaries.
I checked Storming Stalingrad and couldn't detect Italian auxiliaries; there are only Romanians guarding the airfields. Is it possible that you use an older version?
Just in case, GC 42 is added to this post.
GC42.rar
(306.09 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by nikivdd » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:47 am

SandroV wrote:Hi, Nico.
Do I need to use the file "equipment.pzeqp" for the your Soviet Corps?
Not necessary, the additional scenarios were created with the vanilla equipment version.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

captainjack
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 am

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by captainjack » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 am

nikivdd wrote:Is it possible that you use an older version?
Given your explanation, I almost certainly am!
Thanks for the download link, I will update my collections.

Incidentally, if you decide to update your equipment file in future, I have two suggestions.
First, it might be worth dropping the T34/57 SA to 6 from 8. The UK 6 pounder-armed tanks have SA6, and a 57 HE shell should be more or less the same. Since the T34/57 was (as I understand it) intended essentially as a specialist AT unit, you could even drop the SA to 4 or 5. At the moment, there is no downside to upgrading to the T34/57, and reduced SA would make it more of a considered choice - probably resulting in keeping one or two T34/43 for the better soft attack.
Second, the Polish 7TP was essentially the Vickers 6 tonner (and the T26 was pretty close). Maybe the Finnish 6 tonner should be represented by 7TP stats and icon rather than the Vickers Light tank.

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by nikivdd » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:27 am

captainjack wrote:
Incidentally, if you decide to update your equipment file in future, I have two suggestions.
First, it might be worth dropping the T34/57 SA to 6 from 8. The UK 6 pounder-armed tanks have SA6, and a 57 HE shell should be more or less the same. Since the T34/57 was (as I understand it) intended essentially as a specialist AT unit, you could even drop the SA to 4 or 5. At the moment, there is no downside to upgrading to the T34/57, and reduced SA would make it more of a considered choice - probably resulting in keeping one or two T34/43 for the better soft attack.
Second, the Polish 7TP was essentially the Vickers 6 tonner (and the T26 was pretty close). Maybe the Finnish 6 tonner should be represented by 7TP stats and icon rather than the Vickers Light tank.
equipment.rar
(32.56 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Version 22.
Soviet T-34/57 SA reduced to 5
Finnish Vickers 6-ton HA raised to 5
Some SA/HA changes to Pz IIG and Pz IIL
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

dalfrede
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by dalfrede » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:28 pm

I have playing the 42/43 West upgrade and have found a couple issues.

Hardelot

From the briefing:
“. . . I highly suggest you leave at least a few of your forces in reserve, deploying them when and where you need them most. . . .“

If hold back a few units and wait to deploy them, your gifted units take up their core slots and your reserve can not be deployed. Unless your reserve is SE.

42/43 West was released in Oct 2012, has no one read/followed the briefing in all this time?
There is a scenario in US Corp 43 that uses this strategy.


Dieppe

Nico has added a 2000 prestige gift on turn 4.

Turn one gifts 3 new core units, soft cap=88%
Turn three gifts 3 more core units, soft cap=44%
Gift 2000 -> 900 prestige


Is it possible to script increase in number of core slots during a scenario?

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by nikivdd » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:10 am

dalfrede wrote:I have playing the 42/43 West upgrade and have found a couple issues.

Hardelot

From the briefing:
“. . . I highly suggest you leave at least a few of your forces in reserve, deploying them when and where you need them most. . . .“

If hold back a few units and wait to deploy them, your gifted units take up their core slots and your reserve can not be deployed. Unless your reserve is SE.

42/43 West was released in Oct 2012, has no one read/followed the briefing in all this time?
There is a scenario in US Corp 43 that uses this strategy.


Dieppe

Nico has added a 2000 prestige gift on turn 4.

Turn one gifts 3 new core units, soft cap=88%
Turn three gifts 3 more core units, soft cap=44%
Gift 2000 -> 900 prestige


Is it possible to script increase in number of core slots during a scenario?
Briefings remained untouched during this project.
It is possible to script core slots during a scenario. I never had much liking for the soft cap, that's why that thing is always switched off in my copy of the game.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by guille1434 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Niki: Thank you for your continued work on your improved eqp file... About the Finnish Vickers 6 tonner, for the icon purists (like me :D ), I made this icon... Anyone can add it to the equipment file and unit graphic folder to have a more accurate portrait of such unit in the map game... 8)
Cheers!
Attachments
Fin_Vickers_Mk.F_6t.png
Fin_Vickers_Mk.F_6t.png (17.32 KiB) Viewed 2211 times

dalfrede
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by dalfrede » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:29 pm

A modification of Nico’s DLCs upgrade project V2.0 release

Hardelot V2.1: added 3 core slots on turn 3

Dieppe V2.1 added 5 core slots on turn 3

Tested and they seem to work.

Modifying the scenarios was easier than figuring out how to format the previous posts as reference for the upload. 8)
Since It is only two posts up, people should be able to figure it out.
Attachments
Hardelot Dieppe V2.1.zip
(28.16 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4140
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: GC DLCs upgrade project

Post by nikivdd » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:37 am

DLC 39 has been updated.

Changelog:

- Two Ju 52 slots have been enabled in those scenarios where none were available before.
- Number of rail transport slots are at least five in every scenario.
- All scenarios contain several exit hexes near the edge of the map. An exit hex will remove a (damaged) (core) unit and return it to the roster pool and also this action frees up a (core) unit slot for the current scenario. It is at the player's discretion whether to exit auxiliary units as well, to be used at a later time or to be sold for prestige (exploit).
- Added capturable equipment in Danzig Corridor South scenario.
- Possibly fixed a trigger in the Lillehammer scenario. Before, Norwegian units in the mountains north of Lillehammer started to move only after the capture of a non-essential flag; this has now been fixed. Replaced the "gloster" for a Hur I.
- Added and changed few Polish units in Lodz scenario, some road and railroad changes.
- Added some railroad in Piatek scenario.
- Raised core slots from 17 to 20 and removed auxilary Cavalry and SdKfz 10/4. Both auxiliary PzJäger I's changed to core units (appear after deployment phase) in Spoils of War scenario.
- Raised core slots from 17 to 20 and removed three auxiliaries in Warsaw North and South scenarios.
- Raised core slots from 16 to 18 and removed two auxiliaries in Wyszogrod scenario. Some railroad added.




DLC 39 extended
The player uses a core personally purchased.
GC39.rar
DLC GC39 extended
(158.29 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
DLC 39
The player uses a preset core.
GC39.rar
DLC GC39
(262.07 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
I have not updated the links in the first post of this thread yet, pending feedback.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”