Thank you for the answers!Akkula wrote:Answering the questions of DoctorHaider:
1- Submarine trait doesnt work and it seems the developer team will not fix it, so no new features in this aspect. Naval warfare will be a little bit boring regarding subs.
2- AFV are not implemented like scouts. The recon class will be renamed AFV or something like that, recon units will included in different classes, ie: F-16, BMP-1K, etc. Most of the nations will have armored transports and conventional trucks for their infantry units.
I've tried the demo and noticed that IFVs inherited all recon traits, including multi-part movement and more noticeably, ignore of enemy ZOCs. Is it planned, or changes in the final release of the mod? Too much advantage to the IFVs imo.
I had some ideas about the IFVs myself:
1. Each IFV is a transport like APC or trucks, so it can mount/dismount some infantry units that can utilize it if purchased
2. But each IFV has additional non-purchaseable variant activated by swith unit mode button.
3. This mode assumes that IFV acts alongside with its infantry and directly supports it. So in this mode it moves like infantry (naturally, leg movement not tracked), have somewhat better attack values (infantry weapons used too) and +1 close defence.
This concept as I think may reflect the main difference between IFVs and pure infantry carriers: IFVs are designed to conduct combat in close interaction with the infantry they carry.
So each IFV may:
- dismount infantry ang be left behind a battle like other transport in the game (when attacking heavily defended city hex for example)
- mount infantry, rapidly move, attack and defend like armoured vehicle
- attack lightly defended positions or supressed units in special IFV mode
What do you think?