Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

PeteMitchell
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1470
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by PeteMitchell » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:45 pm

If this is Bornholm, how big is the map then?! :shock: :D
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481

uzbek2012
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by uzbek2012 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:30 pm

When is the sequel?

In Belarus, where Gomel is not the end of the game is always awarded lose even if all the major strategic city captured !!!

P.s.Russian version!
Image
Image

https://raznoe-m.livejournal.com/3497.html

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Akkula » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:05 am

Hi guys,
A little homage to our Argentinian veterans from the Malvinas war.
In this particular case some A4 Skyhawks form the Air Force and Naval Air Force:
Image

And the post-war camo for the naval A4-Q:
Image

With PzC2 released I will move from PzC1 eventually (but I have to confess I already did that since the beta was released). BUT because PzC2 is 3D, it would impossible to me to create a "Modern Conflict" mod there, so I will stick a little while with this one here from time to time.
I was thinkning of make a scenario dedicated to the Malvinas war, but still I am not sure.

Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

dalfrede
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by dalfrede » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:32 am

But you can just buy models online. :?
M1_3D.jpg
M1_3D.jpg (94.56 KiB) Viewed 730 times
It's on SALE!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Akkula » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:13 am

Yeah, in fact there are a lot of free models out there. But still we have to wait and see they way to put them into the unreal engine. I think it will take many months, in the meanwhile I will try to do some stuff with this mod (if my motivation is still there of course :P )
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Akkula » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:54 am

One more for the road: A-4s approaching the HMS Invincible carrier
Image
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

uzbek2012
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by uzbek2012 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:40 pm

3 D units can be found !
Image
https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/heavy_weapons/

But does the author plan to make the final chord of version 1.2 RELEASED for Panzer Corps -1 ?
Last edited by uzbek2012 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RobertCL
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:01 am
Contact:

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by RobertCL » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi,

Very nice mod.

However the picture/photo of medals and awards are not necessarilly given to units. Most of them were absent for US units.
I can save a game but game name never appears in saved games, I can only use "autosave NATO", so it is impossible to save multiple games. Is it normal ?

But this is a nice mod, it is also a good idea to have integrated Massi mod in your mod. I am playing the NATO campaign with Pz Corps version 1.31 (your exe file).

NB: when a real NATO vs Warsaw Pact campaign since in your NATO West Germany is absent... ? Just kidding ;-) I understood this is well a modern combat taking place in 2017 so let's forget the past. I am at scenario nr 6 so maybe I shall see German units later on.

Splendid icons used, especially the air force!

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Akkula » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 am

RobertCL wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:18 pm
Hi,

Very nice mod.

However the picture/photo of medals and awards are not necessarilly given to units. Most of them were absent for US units.
I can save a game but game name never appears in saved games, I can only use "autosave NATO", so it is impossible to save multiple games. Is it normal ?

But this is a nice mod, it is also a good idea to have integrated Massi mod in your mod. I am playing the NATO campaign with Pz Corps version 1.31 (your exe file).

NB: when a real NATO vs Warsaw Pact campaign since in your NATO West Germany is absent... ? Just kidding ;-) I understood this is well a modern combat taking place in 2017 so let's forget the past. I am at scenario nr 6 so maybe I shall see German units later on.

Splendid icons used, especially the air force!
Thanks for your kind words Robert. I am thinking of rework many ground units to improve their icons, also, I hope to add new units to all nations.
Regarding the savegames, strange, I never had issues with them: I could save and load without any issues. I will dig into it.
I hope the campaign dont let you down, it was so hard for me to create an alternate modern history :cry: . Also I never managed to finish the Russian campaign, hope to do it sometime.
And do not worry, you will see plenty beautiful German units (I am also planning to create a standalone scenario where you can use the full mighty of the NATO and Russian armies against each other :D )
uzbek2012 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:40 pm
3 D units can be found !
https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/heavy_weapons/
But does the author plan to make the final chord of version 1.2 RELEASED for Panzer Corps -1 ?
Hi Uzbek!.
Yes I know that site, plenty of material there, really nice. The problem is, most of the models are extracted from other games, therefore I would not allowed to use them in a PzC2 mod.
Also, its not only the model (as I mentioned before, there a lot of free stuff) but the requirements they have to meet. The game core uses special objects: cannons, turrents, tracks, etc, all of the have to be specified in the model itself; of course I have no ability to edit 3D models and adapt them to the game.
We will see, it is too early to drop conclusions.
So far I will try to go for a version 1.2 of this old mod. :D
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

Estherr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Estherr » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:58 am

Akkula wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 am
So far I will try to go for a version 1.2 of this old mod. :D
Awwww! Can we have the rest of .RU campaign pretty please? =)

Argentinean stuff sounds pretty sweet aswell though

Testing and what not is on me if necessary ^.^

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Akkula » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:04 am

Estherr wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:58 am
Akkula wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 am
So far I will try to go for a version 1.2 of this old mod. :D
Awwww! Can we have the rest of .RU campaign pretty please? =)

Argentinean stuff sounds pretty sweet aswell though

Testing and what not is on me if necessary ^.^
Hi Estherr!. Yeah, I hope to gather some strength to be able to finish the Russian campaign, I have to confess still dont have a picture of the ending :P
I will count you for testing for sure!.
Thanks a lot for your support.
Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Akkula » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:06 am

And finally a showdown between Argentinian and British aircrafts (unhistoricall but well.... need to show the units :P)
Some Mirage IIIs escorting an A4 while some British Harriers and Sea Harriers try to intercept them:
Image
Notice the subtle difference between the nose of the Sea Harrier FRS (top) and the Harrier GR3 (bottom).

Regards,
Akkula.

PS: I need to add the missiles and bombs to all new aircrafts.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

uzbek2012
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by uzbek2012 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:42 am

Image
Image
Image
The campaign for Russia should end like this ;)

Image
The Baltic States are in NATO !

http://modplanet.net/forum/threads/%D0% ... w-fgw.610/
Announcement of the mod "Iran-Iraq War: First Gulf War".

:!: Will there be an East or was it not originally planned ?
https://zen.yandex.ru/media/warhead/vos ... 00a9225759

Discovered a shoal of modders: the fourth mission of the second NATO campaign does not end in victory when the map is completely captured. How to treat-restart from the save indefinitely until it works ? :evil: Will there be a fix :?:

Modern Conflicts Russian version ;)
https://raznoe-m.livejournal.com/3497.html

If your mod is not commercial you can take any units but a good tone ask their creators but this is more of a good tone than a prerequisite )
We look forward to continuing and wish you creative success, do not get sick )

Image

Image
Medal For the capture of New York

Image
Medal For the capture of Washington

Image
Order For the capture of Washington

Image
Image
Cuban Missile Crisis: The Aftermath
Image
https://store.steampowered.com/sub/63830/

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Akkula » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:12 am

Some more new stuff for the Argentinian forces.
The cruiser ARA General Belgrano, the carrier ARA 25 de Mayo and the submarine ARA San Luis.
In between the air forces we can see the Dagger A making its appareance.
Image
More to come soon.

Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

RobertCL
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:01 am
Contact:

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by RobertCL » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:44 am

If your mod is not commercial you can take any units but a good tone ask their creators but this is more of a good tone than a prerequisite


I Know the guy who did Red Danger whereas I was in charge of PeG-WW2 and a few PeG Campaigns:
https://www.pegww2.net/Pages/install.htm

I came to your Pz Korps mod since the game is better and you have lovely icons.
Believe me, icons from PeG world cannot be compared by no means with the icons you are using.
SO on my side you can take any icons you want (even if I am not owner of icons) but they are useless.

So Akkula, please continue your campaigns the way you want with nice icons and finish the Russian campaign if you have time and energy to do so.
I am thinking of rework many ground units to improve their icons
If you wish, but I spoke about medals, most of them missing in game.

Estherr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Estherr » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:25 pm

Akkula wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:12 am
In between the air forces we can see the Dagger A making its appareance.
I had to google this one and there's quite a story behind the plane =)

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Akkula » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 pm

RobertCL wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:44 am
If your mod is not commercial you can take any units but a good tone ask their creators but this is more of a good tone than a prerequisite


I Know the guy who did Red Danger whereas I was in charge of PeG-WW2 and a few PeG Campaigns:
https://www.pegww2.net/Pages/install.htm

I came to your Pz Korps mod since the game is better and you have lovely icons.
Believe me, icons from PeG world cannot be compared by no means with the icons you are using.
SO on my side you can take any icons you want (even if I am not owner of icons) but they are useless.

So Akkula, please continue your campaigns the way you want with nice icons and finish the Russian campaign if you have time and energy to do so.
I am thinking of rework many ground units to improve their icons
If you wish, but I spoke about medals, most of them missing in game.
Hi Robert, thanks for your comments about my icons :D They are very encouraging.
Regarding the medals, yes, I remember that some issues had to be solved, I completely forgot about them. I will try to solve them.
PS: Still new units will come for sure 8)
Estherr wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:25 pm
Akkula wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:12 am
In between the air forces we can see the Dagger A making its appareance.
I had to google this one and there's quite a story behind the plane =)
Indeed there is. The Dagger (an Israeli variant of the Mirage V) was a multipurpose fighter but because their lack of aerial refuelling ability they couldnt be used as fighter escort and they were limited to naval attack roles (with success). They only have fuel for 5 minutes of combat and then had to go back to the continent asap.
Actually the history of the Argentinian aerial warfare in that war is quite impressive. Those pilots really had balls of steel.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

Estherr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Estherr » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:05 pm

Akkula wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 pm
Indeed there is. The Dagger (an Israeli variant of the Mirage V) was a multipurpose fighter but because their lack of aerial refuelling ability they couldnt be used as fighter escort and they were limited to naval attack roles (with success). They only have fuel for 5 minutes of combat and then had to go back to the continent asap.
Actually the history of the Argentinian aerial warfare in that war is quite impressive. Those pilots really had balls of steel.
"Version" is quite an understatement here to begin with. But I totally agree, sometimes it's even more dramatic outside of obvious superpower military stuff.

Looking forward for new release for sure ^.^

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Posts: 1657
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 am

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by captainjack » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:03 am

Great stuff Akkula. We're short of good news right now, so more of your work is just what we need.

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Modern Conflicts (Version 1.1 RELEASED)

Post by Akkula » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:48 am

Estherr wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:05 pm
Akkula wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 pm
Indeed there is. The Dagger (an Israeli variant of the Mirage V) was a multipurpose fighter but because their lack of aerial refuelling ability they couldnt be used as fighter escort and they were limited to naval attack roles (with success). They only have fuel for 5 minutes of combat and then had to go back to the continent asap.
Actually the history of the Argentinian aerial warfare in that war is quite impressive. Those pilots really had balls of steel.
"Version" is quite an understatement here to begin with. But I totally agree, sometimes it's even more dramatic outside of obvious superpower military stuff.

Looking forward for new release for sure ^.^
I didn't get the "version" remark :?
captainjack wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:03 am
Great stuff Akkula. We're short of good news right now, so more of your work is just what we need.
Thanks captain!. I will have to split my time between PzC and PzC2 it seems :) .

The Avro Vulcan joins the battle!:
Image
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”