Soviet Grand Campaign (DLC 37-41 v0.07)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

uzbek2012
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Soviet Grand Campaign (DLC 37-41 v0.07)

Post by uzbek2012 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:51 pm

It will continue , look at my screenshots from above )

Panzerpimp
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Completed this mod.

Post by Panzerpimp » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:06 pm

Hello nikivdd.
I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful mod.
I posted the full AAR here: viewtopic.php?f=145&t=71210&p=870880

Some comments:
- I really liked the slightly changed equipment file - nothing changed drastically, but the slight changes to familiar equipment are good and much needed.
- Pre Barbarossa scenarios are enjoyable, but quite easy - turn limit is generous and you get so much prestige that you can buy everything you want and also freely spend It on reinforcements and overstrength.
- The scenario design itself is very good. I enjoyed all the scenarios. Maybe I enjoyed them even more than the official Soviet expansion.
- It's nice to see the expanded Japanese, Finnish and Polish campaigns and even some early training against Germans.
I would also liked to see some Spanish civil war stuff - I think It would fit well among those scenarios.

:D
Make love, not war.

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Soviet Grand Campaign (DLC 37-41 v0.07)

Post by captainjack » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:07 am

Nikkivdd, I just finished a play through of version 0.62 (thought I was on the latest so I have to try again with 0.7).

I enjoyed it. I think it's a bit easy early on - the turn limit is a bit generous and maybe the Japanese could have one or two more infantry or AT guns on the left hand side or centre, but it gets tougher throughout - there's some nice clusters of well entrenched Polish troops to winkle out which soak up a lot of time. Things get tough against the Germans - Brody wasn't too bad as I recognised that DV against better and more experienced troops probably wouldn't work very well and went on the defensive.
Mogilev was probably too hard for a DV. I just couldn't see any way to keep the trucks intact, let alone get any through to the objective hexes. I enjoyed the defence of the city - I ended up down to 9 prestige at one point and got a well-timed surrender just in time to reinforce a couple of units, and just broke through to rescue my SE KV2 on 2 points and 0 ammo after a few lucky rolls where attacking troops did 0 damage. Definitely would have been a bit easier if I'd just gone on the defensive, so it would be nice to have a slightly better (non-zero) chance of succeeding in the DV mission.

Excellent work as always, and your ability to ramp up the difficulty through the scenarios make a tough scenario look easy keeps me on my toes and makes for plenty of replay value.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”