can i change save core filenames?

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

can i change save core filenames?

Post by hugh2711 »

can I change the filenames of the 'save core'?. Does it have to be a particular size or does it not matter as long as I have the 5 letter file extension pzcor?. I have a load of filenames 000001 to 0000xx that I want to change to something a bit more meaningful and be still be loadable. Thanks for info.
cw58
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: can i change save core filenames?

Post by cw58 »

Since no one else has answered this, I will give it a try. I haven't done it myself but I don't think the name of the file has anything to do with the contents, those are strictly sequential. The information that flags the file as relevant to a campaign is in the file itself (the GUID). I would try making a copy of one of the files and rename it as you want. That way you will have the original and the copied, renamed file. When you try to load the save core, both files should be available. Hope that helps.
hugh2711

Re: can i change save core filenames?

Post by hugh2711 »

It seems to work. I now have a file in my savecore directory called: ALTdlc-one-sep17.pzcor which seems to load correctly. I dont know if it is any different for official campaigns, wether it works for really long names or there are restrictions on the characters used in the filenames (other than DOS limitations for filenames).

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”