Tech support for Time of Fury

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Hiimori
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Freezing when loading MP game

Post by Hiimori »

Hello,

I'm quite new to the game and never played a Multiplayer match before. Today I accepted my first challenge (Fall Weiss) and made my first game turn (as the Germans). There was nothing suspicious; I ended the turn and saved the game. My opponent got his email notification and made his turn. I then got his email notification and logged into the game.

When it was my turn again, I launched the game. In the "My Games" tab I could see our scenario and that it was my turn. When I start the game, the loading screen appears as normal, I can hear the music and see the picture with the Time of Fury logo, and the red loading bar. But when the loading bar is full, nothing happens - the music continues, the load screen and the (full) red bar remains, and I have to kill the game with the Task Manager in order to leave it.

My opponent didn't have any of these problems, he could play the turn and the game started almost immediately after the red bar was full.

I don't have any ideas why I can't load the MP game. I didn't have any problems with the SP campaign so far and my first MP turn went without any problems.

My system specs, just in case: I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, i5 CPU, ATI HD Radeon 5750, 4 GB RAM. The problem remained in full screen as well as in windowed mode.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much!
doomtrader
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by doomtrader »

I just checked and loaded the game without any issues.

Is there a possibility that you will try to play different scenario in MP?
Hiimori

Post by Hiimori »

Yes, we just set up a test game.

This time, I set up the game (Overlord) and my opponent accepted the challenge. He then did his first turn, I got the email notification, launched my game - and, again, the red load bar, the music, and the loading screen. But when the loading bar was full, nothing happened - the game just showed me the loading screen and played the music until I killed it with the task manager.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Please run the game again, and try to load multiplayer.
As soon as you will be forced to kill the process, please go to the:
My documents/My games/Time of Fury/ folder and zip ConsoleOut.txt file.
Please send the zipped file to leszek.lisowski[at]wastelands-interactive.com
Hiimori

Post by Hiimori »

Thank you for your efforts!

I just sent the file, I hope that helps.
Hairog
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Hairog »

I have this happen about one out of 4 times. I have to go to task manager and close the program then it will usually start from then on. The next day it can start all over again.
schascha
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by schascha »

hello, I have exactly the same problem.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

schascha wrote:hello, I have exactly the same problem.
Hi,

Could you please be more specific?
Does the game freezes every time you are going to play multiplayer, or only sometimes?
schascha

Post by schascha »

It happens when i try to play my move after i have to turn of my computer and the second time it works normaly and i can play my move
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

If I understood correctly you are able to play the game every second time?

Could you please describe step by step, what you are doing?
schascha

Post by schascha »

when i'm freezing exactly in the same way for himorii. I can do anything (the first time i'm waiting for 10 minutes) i turn off my computer. After i restart my computer and evrerything works perfectly. soory for my poor english i'm french.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

The problem for me occurs when I'm in multiplayer and I chose start game. The splash screen comes up and the game starts to load, the red bar starts moving gets to the end and freezes. Then I start the task manager. The game shows up as unresponsive and
I start over. Second time usually works but not always.
schascha

Post by schascha »

hello,

Any news about this problem? Because i continue to play my mp in the same way and it's very boring.
Hiimori

Post by Hiimori »

Sascha wrote:Any news about this problem? Because i continue to play my mp in the same way and it's very boring..
At least your second time usually works; I can't play the multiplayer at all... :(
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

We are going to release beta patch very soon, so please wait a while.
Hiimori

Post by Hiimori »

Hello Doomtrader,

I installed the patch and we just started a MP test game - and it works, I can now load the next turn! We will now play a scenario and observe how it works over the course of time.

Two minor observations: When I click on "Multiplayer" in the Main Menu, I get the hint "Please update to the latest version of the game", followed by the login screen.

And I cannot resign from our first test game (we just pushed some counters around because we wanted to see if the MP would load at all) because the resign button is greyed out.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Hiimori wrote:Hello Doomtrader,

I installed the patch and we just started a MP test game - and it works, I can now load the next turn! We will now play a scenario and observe how it works over the course of time.

Two minor observations: When I click on "Multiplayer" in the Main Menu, I get the hint "Please update to the latest version of the game", followed by the login screen.

And I cannot resign from our first test game (we just pushed some counters around because we wanted to see if the MP would load at all) because the resign button is greyed out.
Hi,

this is good news, that you are able to play your games.

The hint during loading MP will be corrected.
You can resign your games after specific amount of time.
Hiimori

Post by Hiimori »

Hello again,

bad news. We started another Overlord scenario, and I experience random freezes. The problem now resembles what other players wrote in this thread; sometimes, the MP file loads, sometimes I get the red loading bar and nothing happens and I have to kill the game. I then get a windows error message "ToF.exe doesn't react anymore".

I just experienced another weird thing - when I tried to load our MP game (it's my turn now), first I got the red loading bar. Then nothing happened. Then I launched the Task Manager (without actually ending any programs or processes) and suddenly the background image of the game changed and instead of the red bar I got a "Invasion of Poland 1939" screen. Then, nothing happened and I had to kill the game again. Just a note - we are not playing Invasion of Poland, we are playing Operation Overlord.

From time to time, I'm able to load the MP file and play the game, but most of the time, I have to shut down the game and reload.

Return to “Time of Fury : Tech Support”