After Action Reports Wanted!

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

After Action Reports Wanted!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Are you interested in playing Pandora and writing up a story around what happens? You can be in character or just describe the game events and your tactics.

All sorts of After Action Reports (AAR's) are possible and they really help give others a feel for the game and act as a great promotional tool. It is easier to do single player ones but multiplayer are also great and you can write these from both sides and its very interesting to see the two sides tactics and how it develops.

If you are interested please just go ahead and start writing your AAR. Be sure to illustrate it with screenshots as this gets most attention.

Other will comment on your game and give ideas and suggestions and some of the really take on a life of their own with back story and complex plots. What you do is up to you.

The more the better so give it a try :)
dalves
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: After Action Reports Wanted!

Post by dalves »

Does the game have any screenshot button?
Canute0
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Canute0 »

Most keyboard got the print screen button, try that.
If that don't work, try to press Shift,Alt or Ctrl together with that.
dalves
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by dalves »

The print screen is dependent on OS. I'm currently on Linux and my print screen isn't mapped to any program. I'll map it later. I just wanted to know if the game itself had any screenshot functionality. In Windows, for example, I don't know how to take a screenshot directly to a file, the print screen button only saves the screen to the copy buffer. It is not the most pleasant method when you want to take pics of a game: you have to press print screen, alt tab, paste image on paint or something, save image, return to game.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Print screen and Ctrl+P both save a screen shot to disk.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
gfurst
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by gfurst »

Really cool, maybe I'll create a series of reports on video with a nice history to them, problem though is that Pandora usually takes hours of play.
On Debian system I've assigned the print screen key to take a print of an area with ctrl+print being the whole screen. Gnome has that embedded within it and even asks what you want to do with the shot.
OsX also has a similar feature and automatically saves to desktop.
CptBlackPuppy
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by CptBlackPuppy »

Hey, I'd love to do one while testing out the first game, but for some reason, I'm not allowed to link images here.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

thanks for the offers. For new people the issue is if you have less than ~10 posts you cant post links. Its because of the number of spam accounts we get set up - multiple per day and to limit it we prevent them posting links so they lose interest and give up.

Once you have made a few posts it should all be fine.
ElegantCaveman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ElegantCaveman »

Never done this before, but I'll give it a shot.

I've started an AAR with Solar Destiny.

I hope to finish my first year (12 turns) on Pandora soon, and the game's been played/screenshotted until October 2108 (turn 22). After that, we'll see.

Since I'm new at this, comments and suggestions are appreciated. I've read one or two AARs over the years, but not many, and it's been a while... so I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Please do let me know what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong!

Too many screenshots? Too big, too small? Should I write more text? Less text?

I've decided to make it one post = one turn, but maybe I should squeeze in more turns into single posts? Should I skip turns and just give an overview every 5-10 turns or something (I guess that might be a good idea later on, once I'm a bit more established)?

Anyway, don't mean to hijack this thread, feel free to answer these questions in my thread if you'd like.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”