What's next?

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Re: What's Next?

Post by SephiRok »

We apologize for taking longer than planned, but there are also third parties involved we have to coordinate with.

We released a new beta patch. If you have the chance, please give it a try. There were significant backend changes that you won't really care about, but had to be done. After the announcement we plan to push the beta version to release as soon as possible. While I love that so many are dedicated enough to play the beta version, in the future I would like the main community, especially the ones who enjoy multiplayer, to stay on the release version so that we're not split up. Towards that goal, I see release updates coming much closer after beta versions, but also beta updates closer to being finished updates.

Hope that makes sense. Stay tuned, I think the announcement will make everyone happy. I'm really excited about it.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
Piruparka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: What's next?

Post by Piruparka »

Ok, now is this actually saying the announcement is not going to be this week either?
Apheirox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Apheirox »

Color me excited. Your updated have been excellent so far. Can't wait to hear what you have on offer!
Piruparka wrote:Ok, now is this actually saying the announcement is not going to be this week either?
Clearly they have something major coming out that requires coordination with a third party as mentioned - let's cut them some slack now that Sephi explained the situation, shall we? Also, note that v. 1.2.5 is now available for beta download!
Tw2Brick
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Tw2Brick »

I am keeping an eye on this thread as well. Good stuff.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: What's Next?

Post by ErissN6 »

SephiRok wrote:, in the future I would like the main community, especially the ones who enjoy multiplayer, to stay on the release version so that we're not split up. Towards that goal, I see release updates coming much closer after beta versions, but also beta updates closer to being finished updates.
Last DRM-free release versions are always too old, for very long it has been 1.0 ... (err, it iseems it is still this..)
So, as the last release version is DRMed, by the way why not ingame downloading the beta too..
Make the last release version non-DRMed (where to DL the patch that we could save with our other install files?), and I'll stand on it.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

You seem to be misinformed.

You can just back up your game folder. There is no DRM.

Slitherine also released patch packages for 1.2 and before that the installers were updated to 1.1.2.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
Piruparka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Piruparka »

Just to make sure I get this right. It means, the announced announcement is postponed once more and this time there is no estimate on when the announced announcement will be announced - right?
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Sorry Piru, regardless of it coming tomorrow or a week from now, what it refers to is planned for next month.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
Piruparka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Piruparka »

Next month is starting tomorrow. Whatever. I hope that the waiting will pay out.
lango12

Post by lango12 »

Want to know what's next for Pandora: First Contact? Check out the steam product page for Pandora. Keyword: "Return of Messari"
Apheirox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Apheirox »

Nice find, Lango. I will refrain from linking the steam product page since it appears it's not supposed to have been 'revealed' yet. Putting the game on Steam should drastically increase the size of the community. Pandora is set for a major revival next month!
Qwixt
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Qwixt »

The steam announcement went out yesterday on matrix forum and here. It's up above in the global announcements area. I was hoping that wasn't the big news, and I guess from the steam page that it might be this:

"On 30 May, the ancient Messari will return to Pandora with all their might. Build up your army and fortify your garrisons to withstand the greatest challenge in the history of mankind."
lango12

Post by lango12 »

Is this going to be an equivalent "Alien Crossfire"? Sounds exciting, can't wait till 30th May.
Piruparka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Piruparka »

Hi,

what are the future plans about Pandora?
void
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by void »

Hello, there will be an announcement in the near future!
Lorenz Ruhmann
Proxy Studios
Piruparka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Piruparka »

Any news yet?
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer
Pandora Community Developer

Post by Xilmi »

Haven't seen any of the Devs post anything for almost 2 weeks now. :\
Thebitlocker
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Thebitlocker »

Hey,

i want to say "Thank you" for this game and your hard work... .
Pandora is a really great game.
At the beginning it seems a little bit boring, but now, i really love it..

I want to say thank you, that you released the add-on "Return of the messari" and now a new an annoucement for a new add-on!
Thank you for your support and your hard work..!!

I am looking forward to play the new add-on!
I think it will be great with espionage.. i think you will make a next (big) step.

See you

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”