Multiplayer

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Multiplayer

Post by boulugre »

I am up for a MP game now, message me on Steam if you interested (same pseudo or via the pandora group ) ! :P
Rossthegreat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rossthegreat »

Xytop wrote:A few things that you should consider when playing multiplayer.

When you decide to play on quick speed then be aware that the aliens are a lot harder. We had them only on high but we hardly could get out of the first (or first two) cities to expand. The healing rate isnt increased so you'll need at least 3-4 units to be able to defend your city. Clearing a hive also gets more troublesome because you still walk at the same speed and till you arrive at the hive some of your units will already be exausted by battling the aliens on the way.

Perhaps it's best to keep the alien aggression on medium because some factions get a big advantage or disadvantage if you set it higher. For example I was playing Noxium and because you can't expand as fast with hostile aliens, your capital city will go up to 7-9 in no time before you can start building 1 or 2 colonizers. During the whole game I had on average -3/-4 morale because my city was too big and this even with Wando Apartments and the Advancement with +2 habitat. One of the stronger factions would probably be Terra Salvum. They don't care to have high population cities and the aliens attack a lot later.

Another reason why avoiding a high alien aggression level could be a good idea, is the starting location of you capitol city. Because you can't expand so early, you could be stuck with a city that only has hexes with +1 mineral or even some fungus. In this case you can't produce anything fast and will prioritize in research but even if you get your free colonizer tech, you still need to build it (I think it was 16 production). And when you place it somewhere with mountains, it also takes longer to gain population because your global population is already 8+.

If you play with the patch 1.1.14 then you should probably avoid Togra. Because now you also have to build the advancements and there are less ruins to explore.
What's the difference between quick and Standard pace?
Because I play with Hard difficulty with Aliens set to very high, occasionally an Faction will get wiped out in beginning stages, but one time it almost was me. That happened because my starting spot was all deserts with some mountains, and spawned inland plus what surrounded me was eight huge hives plus four smaller hives. Biggest crisis i ever had was 8+ galeths and devourers almost managed to concert their attacks together with each other. Biggest my food starved capital reached was 13 then it started to starve and almost got wiped out by dropping to two population because all the defenders got killed. But I survived that and rebounded then caught up to tech with AI factions. Several drones got through and smacked my city around a couple of times.

But I have to say, with my current setting it's perfectly normal to be stuck with a single city for awhile until you have at least two steel avengers out in the field with troopers to smash a hive apart so that there will be space for 2nd city. Three days ago, I managed to micromanage my single metropolis that it reached size 18 without starving then started to die off and have riots but I reached size 18 because I lucked out that Wendo apartments and polluter cleaners was low down in techtree instead of high up like usual so the riot only lasted for few turns because I managed to quickly settle 2nd and 3rd city by then.

Then there's times where I can settle several cities with no problems before I have to start clearing out alot of hives. It's all dependent on map formations xD
boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by boulugre »

The Pandora player of civ.forum.de have setup a thread for English speaker who wants to play Pandora MP game.

http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?9 ... -our-forum!

They seem to regularly organize some games so if you want to give a shoot at the MP (which I personally find excellent) don't hesitate going and register your interest.
khadgar
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by khadgar »

Is there anyone interested in some cooperative multiplayer against some AI?

The real world were I live is competitive enough, I don't relish human competition even in my free time.
gfurst
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by gfurst »

Hey guys, Pandora is amazing and multiplaying it must really increase the experience.
How is the community growing into this? I've only looked once, and it was devoid of any living soul.
Just wanted to ask if there has been some activity in that sector or if there is someone willing to play a regular game.
FlashXAron
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by FlashXAron »

DEAR DEVS,

my brother and I are only able to play that game with HAMACHI ... on STEAM ... WTF !
so couldn't play it with others !

WHEN WILL STEAM BE SUPPORTED ......................
Thank you

ALSO: can mods be used in MP, if both have downloaded them ...
Will there be STEAMWORKSHOP in the future, atm MODS are very hard to find ...
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer
Pandora Community Developer

Post by Xilmi »

What? Of course MP over steam works. That's how we play it.

And yes, Mods do work in MP. Some mods, like the Improved-AI-Mod or the No-Messari-Mod even work in MP when only the Host has them.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”