Alien Spawning

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

player1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Alien Spawning

Post by player1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 pm

If I understand correctly, the only alien form in the game that respawns are xenomorphs, in their hives.

All other fauna, both 2str and 8str variants does not. So there is only static number of such units, from the beggining of the game, that dwindles over time.

Shouldn't other alien races have their own spawn points?
Would make world feel more organic.

Rossthegreat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Alien Spawning

Post by Rossthegreat » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:33 am

They already spawn, just increase the aggression to very high and you'll see it happen often.

However, if the hives is gone, they're gone.
Same can be said for sea giants too, I've never seen a kraken.

boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by boulugre » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:47 am

I also feel alien life should be more present all along the game and present more of a threat to the players should you play on high alien activity option.

Current system alien have 2 problems : first heavy units don't re spawn and light unit wont re spawn after hives are gone, secondly they get very quickly outclassed by the human technology advantage.

Even If you implement a system where strength 2 / 8 aliens re spawn in late game, they won't have much of an impact in front of strength 20 + tanks...

SMAC aliens were smartly implemented as they had their own 'Psy" fighting ability, so they were less affected by human tech advancement, and they also grew bigger and stronger with time, giving a much more dynamic and interesting threat. I also loved how planet was 'fighting' back against faction that produced a lot of hammer's by growing fungus and spawning more aliens.

As much as Pandora background doesn't feature any 'planet wide' intelligence, it would still be nice to see the wildlife put on a better fight for survival...

player1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by player1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:11 am

Rossthegreat wrote:They already spawn, just increase the aggression to very high and you'll see it happen often.

However, if the hives is gone, they're gone.
Same can be said for sea giants too, I've never seen a kraken.
I know that xenomorphs spawn.

But other 2str aliens do not, as far as I'm aware, like those "birds" and "sharks". They don't have their own "hive/nest".

Same for 8str variants. What you have at start is what you get.

Folket
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Folket » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 pm

In my first game I captured a Leviathan. Later I saw a new one swimming around. I think it had spawned. But possible but onlikely that it was always there and I had not seen it.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”