My Narcissistic Moment

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

jdmillard
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

My Narcissistic Moment

Post by jdmillard » Sat May 03, 2014 6:16 pm

I just had to point out that during the heated debate over the advantages and disadvantages of Steam (that thread stayed alive for months and months until it got locked up by the devs), I stayed out of the debate except for this one thing I said back in November: (underlines added)
jdmillard wrote:I've only observed this discussion as I consider myself neutral. But I'm curious if a "pro-Steam explosion" has occurred on these forums from the fans for other games in the past. If not, I think that says something powerful about this game. It seems like there are an endless number of fans pouring into Slitherine solely and simply due to the fact that many players have waited a long time for a game like this.

I've typically avoided Steam in the past, but If I'm right about Pandora and the fans, I think it's a game that would explode if it were given some publicity. If I were in charge this is what I'd do: I would announce a Steam release date and tell everyone who buys it on the Slitherine page that their activation codes would be valid on Steam later (or however that stuff works). That way you still get revenue now, Steam fans won't hesitate to buy the game now, and you give yourself more time to work out the quirks and roll out a lot of the other features that time didn't allow. Upon the Steam release the game will be even better than it is now, making it even more ripe for an explosion.

This is saying a lot coming from me, a not-huge-Steam fan. I think it's just smart.
It's true. The game will essentially be re-released but this time it has months of post-release feedback and few really good patches. Sorry to be that arrogant jerk who points out that he said something a long time ago... but I couldn't resist.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”