A few suggestions: Tech Tree,Snipers, and Bombardment

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

SSLConf_Stalker0
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

A few suggestions: Tech Tree,Snipers, and Bombardment

Post by SSLConf_Stalker0 »

I've been playing Pandora for a while now and liking it so far.

I just had a couple of suggestions:

Bonus to acquiring all techs in a line: With the random techs, its common in many scenarios to skip several versions of weapons and armor. For example, I often skip Tier 1 Armor in favor of Tier 2, and then skip Tier 3 for Gauss Armor.

What I'd be interested in is a passive bonus for research each armor tech. For example, lets say that each armor tech you acquired gave you a bonus +5% Strength +5% Cost. So that when I researched Tier 1,2, and 3 armors, I would have an extra 15%, 15% on top. This way it makes researching all of the techs of a line more valuable.

Allow higher end snipers to ignore enemy armor: Right now I find snipers to be an early game unit only. They are very effective at weakening aliens and early game forces, but once you have artillery (which is generally better), and bombardment becomes more common than snipers fade away in terms of usefulness.

So my suggestion is let the stronger sniper weapons ignore a certain amount of armor. Nothing else in the game currently does that, and it would give the weapons a powerful niche.

Reduce the amount of bombardment allowed in a single tile:

I find that by midgame and on, operations like bombardment and nuclear missiles become a dominant influence in warfare. So much so that the number of cities you have (which translates into the number of bombardment and nuclear options you have) because a more dominant factor than your standing military. I like that these options are strong, but right now they are too powerful.

My suggestion is limit the amount of operations that can be done on a single tile. I have no issues with a few bombardments or a nuke to soften up a big army, but when I can drop 5-6 of them and kill anything I want it detracts from the game imo.
Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: A few suggestions: Tech Tree,Snipers, and Bombardment

Post by Zak0r »

I disagree with your point on the bombardments. It is good as it is right now because it effectively prevents SoD in Multiplayer (and Singleplayer probably too).

The snipers definitely need a buff. My suggestion is to let them choose their target from a stack.
SSLConf_Stalker0
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: A few suggestions: Tech Tree,Snipers, and Bombardment

Post by SSLConf_Stalker0 »

Zak0r wrote:I disagree with your point on the bombardments. It is good as it is right now because it effectively prevents SoD in Multiplayer (and Singleplayer probably too).
I agree that it does weaken SODs, which is why I have no desire to remove them entirely, I think its a good tactical part of the game. And still being able to drop a couple of nukes on a stack is still very painful, but with some limits it prevents you from completely wiping out any army you see with just operations.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”