ai cheating growth rates

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

motai
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

ai cheating growth rates

Post by motai » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:06 pm

i dont mind the penalties for capturing cities. but i am very discouraged that the ai doesnt lose population for creating setttlers, doesnt have populations based on empire totals like players do, and that late game they can spawn pop 4-8 cities by settling. this is very bad balance and is making the ai way to strong as a crutch that they arent smart enough to fight or survive alien or messari without spam. i mostly noted this because by the time i have 1 pop 8 city they ai has 1 pop 10-12 and founds their secndond city. when i havent been able to do anything besides make pop growth to try to keep pace.

Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: ai cheating growth rates

Post by Zak0r » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:29 pm

Are you sure about all that? I have not seen similar things happen, even on very hard. Maybe the cities grew the same turn the settler was built? Small cities grow fast because of migration and the population of AI is also empire based.

motai

Post by motai » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:02 pm

no im sure i have seen an ai plant a city at size 4 and next turn it was size 7 then 10 then 12 on infection. and i have been playing on medium settings and the ai cities grow at crazy rates even before wars start to cause migrations. mid game no wars i have seen a city put down after 35 turns mine finally was size 4 i was building growth taking 12 turns to populates with pure production. he plants a city size 1 and it is size 7 before mine is size 6

Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zak0r » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:55 pm

You should send your savegame to the devs then. Because that sounds like a bug. AI should not be able to build cities at pop 4 but pop 1 just like the player.

Apheirox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Apheirox » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:47 pm

Sorry, but I find it difficult to believe you're seeing what you're describing, motai. I have played the game extensively and not seen any blatant growth cheats on the AI's part. I believe it is playing by the same rules as the player albeit there might be (I'm not positive on this) a growth boost depending on difficulty level. If you're playing Medium, though, the AI shouldn't be outpacing you for growth, much less at the explosive rate you claim to see.

Are you aware that negative morale impacts your growth rate as of the latest patches? If you have heavy pollution in your cities this can significantly decrease your growth rate. Try to maintain at least neutral morale levels so you don't lose growth.

pato1
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by pato1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:01 am

I see the same problem on my 1.4.1 beta games. I am also playing on medium.

mrowka
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by mrowka » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:16 am

Yes in that sense Ai is cheating they got various bonuses, but then again ai got only few hundret lines of code and you got a brain so who is cheating :D

motai

Post by motai » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:25 am

maybe but hqard to compete with 8 size 26 cities when you cant get then to 11

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”